Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 22, 2014
I already own the larger Kata BUG 205 PL as well as the Kata micro DR-461 and both of those are excellent bags in their own categories. I love both bags and have traveled extensively with the BUG 205 as it will comfortably hold most of my travel gear. I faced a problem when traveling on smaller commuter (regional) aircraft which have much smaller overhead bins and the Kata BUG 205 would not fit.
The micro DR461 was too small to carry the gear I needed on those trips.

The DR-465 Rucksack fits the bill perfectly. In the lower padded compartment I am able to load my Nikon D7100 equipped with MB-D15 battery grip and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 lens. I was able to squeeze in one SB800 flash, Nikon AA battery pack for D7100 and my 10mm Nikon Fisheye lens in the bottom as well. Granted, it is a tight fit but that is all I would normally bring with me on such a trip. I had to remove the extra padded dividers to make room for the items.
The other "stuff" such as chargers will go in my checked bag.

Moving to the top compartments; I was able comfortably fit my Galaxy 10 inch tablet in its bulky Otterbox protective case, Bose QC15 noise canceling headphone in its case, Philips Flexcare toothbrush in its travel case, EZOPower 3.1A 15W Dual Port USB Travel Wall Charger Adapter, a spare shirt, glasses, cellphone, Anker 12000mah battery backup and a few additional small personal care items.
Did I forget anything? Oh well, the other personal stuff can go in my checked bag. If I packed anything else in the bag it would probably exceed the skimpy weight limit of about 8Kg that most European regional airlines impose for carry-on bags anyway.

The DR-465 has a removable inner padded pouch so the bag can be used just as a day bag if no camera if needed.
The top section has a zippered inner pocket which is perfect for stashing my wallet, passport etc. The bright yellow raincoat cover offers great protection for the contents in case of a sudden rain shower.

The bag is well designed for functionality, appears well-made(does not look cheap) and is an attractive accessory bag to carry around. It would have been nice to have lower waist straps in addition to the shoulder straps for more stability.

The DR-465 is a great investment if you are looking for an intermediate size camera bag for traveling purposes.
on March 28, 2014
I really like this camera bag. I bought four before I finally found this one. It is very comfortable to wear. The padded, fitted component for the camera is in the large bottom compartment. This padded part is removable so you can also use this as a regular backpack. I thought the design was great for my recent trip. I didn't really want my heavy camera on my back during my flight since I didn't plan to take photos. So I removed the fitted component, and put that in my locked rolling carry-on and used the extra space in the backpack for the thing I needed access to during my flight. This backpack fit easily under the seat in front of me by the way. I than easily switched it back during the day on my trip when I needed my camera again. The top component has a mesh zippered pocket perfectly sized for passport. Easy access but it is also zippered in place for extra safety. It is lightweight on its own too which is important when you are planning to carry a heavy camera. Inner component has space for the camera body and at least 4 extra lens.
on June 6, 2014
So far I stayed away from purchasing a camera bag for my EOS T3i but the lenses and other accessories were always difficult to lug around in a regular backpack. This was one of my best investments. Very reasonably priced and totally functional. It is the perfect size for my requirements. Fits a ipad in the top pocket and the camera body and 3 lenses in the main compartment. My only gripe is that it should have had a more improved tripod holder but I guess you have to upgrade to a higher version for that.
on February 3, 2014
Having tried a number of camera bags, I finally settled for this one. The major reason is that it prevents expensive equipment from accidentally falling off. I comfortably carry my dSLR with a lense attached to it and three additional lenses, three speedlights, battery charger and additional batteries for camera and flash, filters, and even a tripod.

It appears to be very well-made, well-padded and stylish. Great product for hobbyists like me, but may be a little too small for those who may want to carry more equipment!
on August 11, 2014
Great camera backpack. I went to a photography meet up and one of the instructors had this backpack. For the money its a great deal. Not too big but big enough to carry my camera, lens, and accessories. I love that you don't have to balance the backpack to get the camera out of the bottom part; when you zip it open; its easily accessible. Top pocket allows for more accessories, like an iPad, wallet, thin jacket.. Just love the backpack and it does not reak camera.. subtle and well padded.
on October 28, 2014
Great for casual use and for packing a camera with a couple of lenses and few equipment.
I love the front pockets, they are very useful for the small stuff, like SD cards, remote control, etc...

The camera pocket is the perfect size for me, I carry my Canon SL1 and two lenses, it is exactly what I was looking for.

I can fit my 13'' laptop if I unzip the camera pocket, and I can fit my tripod in there that way as well.
on May 14, 2014
I bought this for my hiking trips and was really surprised at how comfortable it was. I am petite so a lot af backpacks are too long for me, this is perfect!
It has so many pockets you can lose things in it but that's also makes it a carry all for a day out.
I even attach my pole so I don't have it separated when storing or not in use.
on April 8, 2014
This backpack was the final attempt (after two returns from other brands) of what I wanted. I enjoy all of the pockets, also the roominess yet it is not bulky. Well made and a great buy!
on August 27, 2014
The pack is very comfortable. It was my backpack/camera bag for a weeklong trip. I used it every day all day long and it worked wonderfully. It has enough space to fit my Nikon, extra lens, filters, camera accessories and a tablet.

It is ideal for one camera, accessories, and basic essentials but if your looking for something that can accommodate a camera plus a 13” laptop, it’s a bit too small.
on September 29, 2016
This is my second Kata bag. I bought it because of how good my first bag was (kata n1). It did not disappoint had same level of high quality and functionality as the first one. Truly a premium product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.