Ka-Bar BK-22 Becker Companion Fixed Blade Knife with HD Polyester Front Pocket Sheath (5.25-Inch)
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% Synthetic
- Used by all branches of miliary and service members
- Great for collectors and outdoor services,Tested to ensure quality and durability
- Becker 22 Second Generation "Companion" Fixed Blade Knife with HD Sheath
- Overall length of 10 1/2" with a straight edge 5.25" blade
- Comes with the new heavy-duty Polyester front pouch sheath
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Becker companion fixed blade all black knife designed by Ethan Becker who set about designing, manufacturing, and selling the industrial strength tactical and survival knives that he had always wanted for himself.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a brute of a knife -- a mammajamma. I've used it for chopping, prying, cutting everything from fish line to fence wire, scraping metal signs, splitting kindling, hammering stakes in the ground, broke a car window (not emergency), impromptu pruner for tree limbs. Sharpened it and repeat. Simply put, this knife is a good 'ol American product that just works!
I am 6' 3", weigh 230 pounds and have big hands. The only thing I even hesitate to say is a slight negative is it's just a tad short. Add 1 1/2 to 2 inches and you'd have perfection. I still love the knife AND the sheath. Knowing what I do I would not hesitate to purchase again.
I like the OEM scales but you can very easily swap them for something that fits you.
The blade thickness gives me great confidence that I'd be able to tackle any outdoors task without fear of blade failure/injury...and that's just not the case with many of my cheaper knives.
The handle feels great in my XL hands. I can see, however, how the Micarta grips would be an upgrade if a rainy/snowy environment is expected. For the extra $50, you'd lose a lot of the "value" of this tool, but I might eventually go down that road anyway.
For someone who likes Japanese-style blades in the kitchen, you might find this knife too bulky/unwieldy for finer work. However, for someone who likes beefier Henckels/Wusthoff-styled German blades, you'd feel comfortable with this. Although it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm confident that I could process a deer or a trout with this knife.
As for the weight, if you're comfortable front-pants-pocket carrying a "snubbie", the weight and "tugging" sensation on your pants is very comparable...and not much of a concern. Otherwise, you might want to consider a lighter knife.
The front pocket is the perfect size for a magnesium/ferro "combination" block (such as from Coghlan's) AND a swedish firesteel if you prefer that combination of fire starters.
The sheath is nice and tight, and fortunately the snaps loosened up a bit after the first dozen times or so that it went back in.
Very pleased with this purchase and I look forward to many years of dependable use.
* This knife completely lived up to the hype. It completely delivered on what it's sold as: A solid, strong tank of a knife. You can treat this thing like a sharp crowbar. If thats what you want, everything you heard about it in that regard is completely correct. It feels almost indestructible. I love it.
* Be aware that it's really heavy: almost 3lbs for a knife with a 5.25 inch blade. If you are into lightweight backpacking, you may need to cut this from your kit. Pun intended. (Sorry).
* The sheath sucks! I don't know why they can't sell a decent sheath for these knives. The old plastic ones were bad, but these new HD sheaths aren't good either. They obviously aren't made for this knife. They are too long, made for a different knife. Also one of the snaps at the top dont fit the handle and you have to stop and work it to force it closed. It's a minor but constant annoyance. When considering your budget add in the cost for buying a custom sheath because I promise you will not be satisfied with this sheath. Its a real shame.
Most recent customer reviews
This is my go to knife for hiking / camping / survival. From chopping wood to field dressing game, this knife is versatile.Read more
This obviously is not a hunting or butter knife. Could easily be used as either.
Want a survival knife, this is the one.Read more