Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Titles By Kai Sasaki
Spark: Big Data Cluster Computing in Production goes beyond general Spark overviews to provide targeted guidance toward using lightning-fast big-data clustering in production. Written by an expert team well-known in the big data community, this book walks you through the challenges in moving from proof-of-concept or demo Spark applications to live Spark in production. Real use cases provide deep insight into common problems, limitations, challenges, and opportunities, while expert tips and tricks help you get the most out of Spark performance. Coverage includes Spark SQL, Tachyon, Kerberos, ML Lib, YARN, and Mesos, with clear, actionable guidance on resource scheduling, db connectors, streaming, security, and much more.
Spark has become the tool of choice for many Big Data problems, with more active contributors than any other Apache Software project. General introductory books abound, but this book is the first to provide deep insight and real-world advice on using Spark in production. Specific guidance, expert tips, and invaluable foresight make this guide an incredibly useful resource for real production settings.
- Review Spark hardware requirements and estimate cluster size
- Gain insight from real-world production use cases
- Tighten security, schedule resources, and fine-tune performance
- Overcome common problems encountered using Spark in production
Spark works with other big data tools including MapReduce and Hadoop, and uses languages you already know like Java, Scala, Python, and R. Lightning speed makes Spark too good to pass up, but understanding limitations and challenges in advance goes a long way toward easing actual production implementation. Spark: Big Data Cluster Computing in Production tells you everything you need to know, with real-world production insight and expert guidance, tips, and tricks.
- Build, train and run machine learning models in the browser using TensorFlow.js
- Create smart web applications from scratch with the help of useful examples
- Use flexible and intuitive APIs from TensorFlow.js to understand how machine learning algorithms function
TensorFlow.js is a framework that enables you to create performant machine learning (ML) applications that run smoothly in a web browser. With this book, you will learn how to use TensorFlow.js to implement various ML models through an example-based approach.
Starting with the basics, you'll understand how ML models can be built on the web. Moving on, you will get to grips with the TensorFlow.js ecosystem to develop applications more efficiently. The book will then guide you through implementing ML techniques and algorithms such as regression, clustering, fast Fourier transform (FFT), and dimensionality reduction. You will later cover the Bellman equation to solve Markov decision process (MDP) problems and understand how it is related to reinforcement learning. Finally, you will explore techniques for deploying ML-based web applications and training models with TensorFlow Core. Throughout this ML book, you'll discover useful tips and tricks that will build on your knowledge.
By the end of this book, you will be equipped with the skills you need to create your own web-based ML applications and fine-tune models to achieve high performance.
What you will learn
- Use the t-SNE algorithm in TensorFlow.js to reduce dimensions in an input dataset
- Deploy tfjs-converter to convert Keras models and load them into TensorFlow.js
- Apply the Bellman equation to solve MDP problems
- Use the k-means algorithm in TensorFlow.js to visualize prediction results
- Create tf.js packages with Parcel, Webpack, and Rollup to deploy web apps
- Implement tf.js backend frameworks to tune and accelerate app performance
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Machine Learning for the Web
- Importing Pre-trained Models into TensorFlow.js
- TensorFlow.js Ecosystem
- Polynomial Regression
- Classification with Logistic Regression
- Unsupervised Learning
- Sequential Data Analysis
- Dimensionality Reduction
- Solving Markov decision problems
- Deploying Machine Learning Applications
- Tuning applications to achieve high performance
- Future Works around TensorFlow.js
Are you ready to embark on the adventure?
Professional Hadoop is the complete reference and resource for experienced developers looking to employ Apache Hadoop in real-world settings. Written by an expert team of certified Hadoop developers, committers, and Summit speakers, this book details every key aspect of Hadoop technology to enable optimal processing of large data sets. Designed expressly for the professional developer, this book skips over the basics of database development to get you acquainted with the framework's processes and capabilities right away. The discussion covers each key Hadoop component individually, culminating in a sample application that brings all of the pieces together to illustrate the cooperation and interplay that make Hadoop a major big data solution. Coverage includes everything from storage and security to computing and user experience, with expert guidance on integrating other software and more.
Hadoop is quickly reaching significant market usage, and more and more developers are being called upon to develop big data solutions using the Hadoop framework. This book covers the process from beginning to end, providing a crash course for professionals needing to learn and apply Hadoop quickly.
- Configure storage, UE, and in-memory computing
- Integrate Hadoop with other programs including Kafka and Storm
- Master the fundamentals of Apache Big Top and Ignite
- Build robust data security with expert tips and advice
Hadoop's popularity is largely due to its accessibility. Open-source and written in Java, the framework offers almost no barrier to entry for experienced database developers already familiar with the skills and requirements real-world programming entails. Professional Hadoop gives you the practical information and framework-specific skills you need quickly.