Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kaiser Bakeware Basic Tinplate Eclair/Lady Finger Pan
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on July 23, 2011
I am giving this 4 stars because the tin works well but it is not the highest quality, then again at this price who cares! The pan is sturdy tin coated steel with rolled edges so you don't have to worry about cutting yourself on a sharp edge while cleaning. They are great for making uniform lady fingers but as each impression is only 4 inches by 1 and 1/4 inches it is not the best for eclairs (to long/thin so the proportions are off). I use this tin with Emril's ladyfinger recipe from Food Network to boarder my chocolate mouse and in my Tiramisu. If the tin wasn't priced so well I would have removed another star as the tin coating is relatively thin and I have noticed it wearing a way after a number of uses/cleanings. Then again how many times does one really use a ladyfinger pan? As mentioned I use it for chocolate mouse, but because the ends are a bit rounded you need to make sure you place them tightly together in your spring-form pan otherwise you could have some leaks form before the mouse is set.

Make sure to pick up a few as most recipes call make 24 or more "fingers" and since most recipes rely on whipped in air the longer the batter sits the less leavening you obtain so it is best to make all the fingers in one to two batches. I butter and lightly flour the tins to reduce sticking but release the fingers shortly after baking as otherwise they are hard to remove.
on January 25, 2015
I'm not partial to piping out my lady fingers. I live in Colorado where making lady fingers is hard enough to get consistent. I use this to make sure they come out the same even if they don't come out the greatest. it is a bit hard to get them out. be careful and use something non metalic as you don't want to scrap an area that can rust.
on February 13, 2013
I was thinking I was buying another type pan, but glad I kept this one. It has been years since I made eclairs. They come out so perfect with this pan. No mess with having to shape foil if you don't have the luxury of owning one of these.
on February 18, 2012
I was a little nervous this pan would not fit my needs, but in the first use I found it to be very useful. I would recommend anyone who hasn't ever made eclairs, or who hasn't made them for awhile to purchase this pan. It was so helpful to know what I needed to prepare for filling instead of guessing. I am considering getting another pan to go with this one.
on January 6, 2014
My old (many, many years) pans needed to be replaced, they still work perfectly alright, but I still decided to get the new ones which look exactly like my old ones but they are not Kaiser. The new ones (Kaiser) are a little larger in dimensions but the cavities are the same as the old ones.

I want to thank you most sincerely for getting these for me, although I had to wait for a while, but you did keep me informed throuhout this waiting period and that is very good customer service.
on December 29, 2010
This pan turned out beautiful eclairs with little trouble. They didn't stick, puffed up to majestic size and wash up was quick. I would highly recommend this product.
on January 10, 2013
I loved the quick.service - The Kaiser eclair/lady finger tinplate bakeware was well described and what I was looking for although I have not been able to use it yet..
on January 27, 2013
Looks quite sturdy, have not used it yet, but looks very east to use, just like the whoopie pie pan.
on February 1, 2013
I rated this pan a 4 because the main reason that I purchased this pan was to make a Michael Simons recipe for twinkies and the depth of the pan isn't exactly correct for a twinkie. The advertisement for this pan was that you can use it for eclairs and twinkies and this pan is more suited for eclairs.
on May 2, 2007
I know that the dough should be squirted out into rods but it's nice to have the mold.