Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kaito KA200 Pocket AM/FM Radio, Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Color: Black|Change

on February 24, 2016
Nice little radio. As stated, easily fits in a shirt pocket. I purchased it for listening to sports and news on AM band. The reception is very good (with having to extend the antenna) and there is more than enough volume. I primarily use this radio with ear buds when working outside. The speaker on the unit can easily be heard in a average sized room. Nice feature is that sound is broadcast to both ear pieces when listening to AM stations. I would have given the unit 5 stars, but the first unit arrived, and the station dial indicator did not move. Using the easy Amazon return process, I was quickly able to return the defective unit and receive a replacement in about a week. There is a green light on the unit to help indicate when you have your station tuned in. I have listened to FM a few times, but need to extend the antenna (about 5") to get good reception. Defeats purpose of keeping in shirt pocket. Overall a solid little radio for the price.
on August 23, 2016
I bought this to replace a "Brand X" radio that's a battery hog - I was going through 2 AAAs per week. The Kaito ran for 3 weeks of daily use before the batteries quit. When the tuning LED quits, it means the batteries are getting low. This radio is about as basic as it gets. The analog tuning dial has nearly zero backlash, and the volume dial goes high enough to use while vacuuming or mowing the grass, since I use headphones exclusively (both channels work - in monaural only). The tinny speaker serves as a backup. Reception is about par.
on June 13, 2012
This has turned out to be a fantastic little radio. I was looking for another small AM/FM radio. The smaller the better, but I wanted a decent onboard speaker too. I also have a Sangean DT210 that is a little bigger, has digital tuning, and offers some memory presets. That was my benchmark. The little KA200 comes real close to being an equal in overall quality. The KA200's value is amazing as the Sangean is 3 times the cost. While this is not a comparison review, I do think the AM reception is better with the KA200 compared to the Sangean. Not sure why. I'm tempted to open them both up and take a look. Well, no, I'd better not...

Pros: Great, clear audio from the external speaker.
Earphones, while not true stereo, offer monaural sound in both ears.
Size, KA200 will fit in an Altoids mint tin
Control dials are a little stiff, but for me this is a positive because the volume and station won't be bumped if I slip the radio into my pocket, etc.
Nice hidden FM antenna
Solid build for a $12-13 radio

Cons All edges are rounded, which is good, but the rounding causes the radio to be less stable when set upright
on October 14, 2014
This is a small radio, about the size of a bar of soap, but thinner. The controls are a bit different than most transistor radios--- am/fm/off is one slide bar, volume is on top. And being smaller, it has a smaller speaker, with less bass. But having said all that, it really seems to be a good quality little radio. The tuning is very good... it locks into a station and holds it. I've had it for several weeks, and use it every day. Still on the first set of batteries. So, if you want a small radio, this one should do it!
on February 5, 2013
Do not be fooled this little monster ( size of a credit card 3/4 thick ) works awesome for the size it packs a punch! Performance is indeed excellent ! I live in a complex I am surrounded by 2 other buildings now you would think reception would not be good well this little monster works well even with the antenna down the reception is excellent ! The sound this put out is truly amazing not stereo but for a small speaker it is pretty amazing and (loud as well) I really enjoy this little radio as I think you will too for 10.99 well worth every penny You will not be disappointed.... I am ordering 2 more !!
on August 25, 2014
Great quality with fine tuning. I really like the small size, tiny actually, only 3,1/2" by 2,1/4" so very portable. Good sound for being so small, great voice clarity for talk radio, however the small speaker can't really jam out the pop/rock music which sounds too high pitched, but still does the job. Also note, runs on two triple A batteries (AAA).
on June 18, 2016
When I first received the radio I was so disappointed, it looked so small and felt so lightweight. However, I decided to give it a try before returning it, and am very glad that I did. The sound coming out of this little box is loud, the station reception is clear, and it was not difficult to get the wheel to tune into the station. My husband likes it so much he wants me to buy another one. The only negative is that if you wear glasses put 'em on, you'll need them to see what you are doing.
on May 10, 2016
This is the best radio I ever bought, including the $179.00 ccrane radios. Clear with speaker, very good AM selectivity and sensitivity. I use it to listen to the giants/warriors games when I am not able to be in front of a TV. Going to try taking these to the baseball and basketball games next. Low power consumption because it is so small. Fantastic product. Other reviews accurate. Looks cheap but the sound quality is excellent.
on October 16, 2015
. I needed a small device to listen to on walks. Sometimes I listen to music and other times talk radio and news. The Kaito KA200 is what I needed, especially for AM talk/news radio. I plug in earbuds and the audio on AM is quite good. The same is true for FM. For FM the sound is mono, but audio does come through both right and left (some other radios will have audio through one side). The tiny speaker is OK, but for the size don't expect much. The price was right and it fit what I needed
on March 10, 2014
This is really a great little radio, and I do mean little. Drop it in a pocket or purse and you will not even know it's there. It's easy to tune and the tone quality is great. I plan to use this when I sit on my porch to read this summer. Thanks Amazon. You always have what I need.