Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 899 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 938 reviews
on December 5, 2010
I was looking for a small pocket radio for pocket change. This is that radio. For the change I paid, I am happy it did not have any bells and whistles (it doesnt even come with an earphone, flimsy cover or crappy demo batteries). Every penny seems to have gone into the core components and it does an excellent job of catching am and fm waves and converting them to audio. Recommended if you are looking for a small, cheap, utilitarian am/fm radio.
11 comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2016
This kitty likes it. The signals the radio gets are strong and clear and it lasts lots and lots of hours on its AAA batteries. It's super tiny and easy to carry. The LED light helps this kitty find a radio station and the speaker gets pretty loud with pretty good sound quality for its size. It would make a great emergency radio, but this kitty carries it around in its lunch box to listen to music while at work. Its SUPER tiny for a radio too, smaller (except thickness) than lots of smartphones so a kitty can tuck it in a purse or pocket easily.
on April 18, 2017
Kaito never fails to impress me. This tiny radio (I literally made a case for it out of an Altoids tin!)- has remarkable sensitivity and surprisingly good audio quality with it's built-in speaker.

The sound through a pair of earbuds is also outstanding.

I am able to pull in multiple AM stations during the day, and with excellent clarity. FM is equally precise with little to no bandwidth crowding issues.

It locks tight on stations and the LED tune light comes in handy when attempting to fine tune in dark settings and the unit itself is truly compact and fits into any pocket comfortably.

The dedicated on/off AM/FM switch is a big plus, as I find the integrated on/off/volume wheels tend to wear out quickly.

I literally can't say enough good things about this little wonder!

I bought it for my 7 year old son (he's developing an real interest in radio!), but I use it as much as he does!

Also great for emergency kits, camping, glove compartments, bookbags, backpacks, etc.

Buy this radio!
on November 12, 2016
I can't believe how much smaller and lighter this is compared to a " normal " size pocket radio like the offerings from the other brands. The real story is not the miniscule size but the big performance... Good FM and Excellent AM reception.
on February 24, 2016
Nice little radio. As stated, easily fits in a shirt pocket. I purchased it for listening to sports and news on AM band. The reception is very good (with having to extend the antenna) and there is more than enough volume. I primarily use this radio with ear buds when working outside. The speaker on the unit can easily be heard in a average sized room. Nice feature is that sound is broadcast to both ear pieces when listening to AM stations. I would have given the unit 5 stars, but the first unit arrived, and the station dial indicator did not move. Using the easy Amazon return process, I was quickly able to return the defective unit and receive a replacement in about a week. There is a green light on the unit to help indicate when you have your station tuned in. I have listened to FM a few times, but need to extend the antenna (about 5") to get good reception. Defeats purpose of keeping in shirt pocket. Overall a solid little radio for the price.
on November 14, 2016
I bought this specifically to listen to Tom Hamilton call Cleveland Indians baseball games when I was out and about. It works great and the signal comes in well on both FM/AM for the most part. I gave it four stars because sometimes in a good signal area, you have to touch the anntenna as a human receiver to get the clearest sound. But for the price, it does what it's supposed to and works well.
on April 21, 2016
I love this little radio! I bought it to listen to AM talk radio while doing the dishes and it gets great reception. It's a small speaker so don't expect premium sound but for talk radio it's perfect!
on August 17, 2016
Very pleased with this tiny radio. The sound level is quite loud and clear, easily adjusted. It picks up both AM and FM radio quite clearly, which I was happy about after reading some of the reviews. We live far out in the woods so I think we are good people to judge this. Controls are easy to adjust and to understand. A great deal! It has a space for earphones. Transistor radios are now hard to find so I am doubly pleased. It runs on 2 triple As.
on March 12, 2012
This thing is unbelievably small, smaller than a pack of cards, about the size of a credit card only fatter. Fits in a jeans pocket with lots of room to spare. The sound from such a small radio is amazing. I bought this as a bedtime radio so I could listen to George Noory and his tales of the UFOs without having a room size radio on and it's perfect for that purpose. It runs on two small AAA batteries and takes headphones, though it doesn't come with them. It also has its own speaker so that headphones aren't necessary. I don't know how they dit it, but it's perfect for what I wanted.
I got this to take with me when I kayak. The price was right, and the size is great. It's not waterproof, but basic common sense tells you where is a good spot to place this while in the yak. To be so tiny, it doesn't sound tiny. It works great, the size is the almost the best part of it. I keep it in my crate so when I go kayaking, it always goes with me. I HAVE gotten it wet and yet it still lives. ;) But don't get it wet if you can help it. Maybe I got lucky? It's a great little radio for the price. It's perfect for what I got it for. No complaints here.