Other Sellers on Amazon
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Kaito KA500 5-way Powered Solar Power,Dynamo Crank, Wind Up Emergency AM/FM/SW/NOAA Weather Alert Radio with Flashlight,Reading Lamp and Cellphone Charger, Yellow
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 6-way powered portable emergency radio with hand crank generator, solar panel, compartment for 3 AA batteries (not included), 5V USB input, 5V AC/DC input with a wall power adapter (sold separately), built-in NiMH replaceable and rechargeable battery pack
- Comprehensive coverage of AM, FM, 2-band shortwave and 7 pre-programmed NOAA weather channels for entertainment, sports, talk-shows, breaking news around the world, and 24/7 real-time weather forecast (USA and Canada ONLY) with PEAS (Public Emergency Alert System)
- Works as an emergency mobile battery charger with built-in standard DC 5V USB output port for charging mobile devices, such as smart phones, GPS units, MP3 players, digital cameras, and etc. Other features include a 5-LED reading lamp, LED flashlight and a red LED S.O.S. beacon light
- Telescopic antenna extends up to 14.5" for high sensitivity reception assisted by advanced semiconductor circuitry design and LED signal strength indicator for pin-point tuning accuracy, and built-in speaker delivers loud and crispy sound
- Made of strong premium impact-resistant and water-resistant ABS material, suitable for both indoors home/office use and outdoors recreational activities
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Certified Emergency Radio with Shortwave, NOAA Weather and Alert
Comprehensive broadcast coverage includes AM, FM, SW1 and SW2, plus all 7 pre-programmed national weather channels with real-time alert. Don't be fooled by other so-called "weather radios", chances are they are not certified by National Weather Service or authorized to use its Logo as the Kaito Voyager KA550 is.
- FM: 88 - 108 MHz
- AM (MW): 530 -1710 KHz
- NOAA Weather: 162.400/162.425/162.450/162.475/162.50/162.525/162.55 (continuous band)
- SW1: 3.20- 8.00 MHz
- SW2: 9.00- 22.00 MHz
Better Safe than Sorry
6-way powered emergency radio with handy safety features and functions.
- AA battery: 3 of each (not included)
- Hand-crank dynamo generator
- Solar panel
- NiMH rechargeable battery pack
- 5V mini USB
- AC/DC wall adapter/charger (not included)
- USB mobile phone charger for both iOS and Android devices
- LED Flashlight
- Red LED SOS beacon light
- 5-LED reading lamp
Be Prepared for the Worst
Life is full of uncertainties, emergencies often occur unexpectedly and natural disasters sometimes strike without any warning signs. The least we could do is to be prepared by having important emergency supplies readily available, making a plan for yourself and your loved ones, and being informed. Such simple and easy actions will make all the difference should our worst fear be realized. With Kaito's new revolutionary Voyager KA500 6-way powered, multi-functional emergency radio, together we can make a difference!
A Radio Makes a World of Difference
Over the years, Kaito has proudly supplied millions of radios to the State Department, the United States Army, the United Nations and other government agencies and NGOs for their humanitarian relief efforts. It's hard to believe, but often times a radio is the only way to connect with the outside world in some parts of the globe, and radio broadcasting has become an important and effective tool helping the US and its allies build strong relationship with the locals and educate them to stand up against conflicts and extremism, which in return makes our troops and diplomats safer and more successful in their missions.
*No Endorsement of Kaito by the US Department of Defense, Department of State, United Nations of their personnel is intended or implied.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cell Phone Charging
The included USB cable fit perfectly my Samsung Galaxy S6 and can be very slowly charged by the radio. Let me emphasize VERY SLOWLY cell phone charging. While charging my cell phone I had trouble picking up radio stations. I don’t know if it is designed that way or if the cell phone charging was impeding the radio to pick-up reception. I would not recommend relying on the radio to charge your cell phone.
After letting the battery drained, I cranked the radio for 3 minutes and that was enough to re-charge the battery for 22 minutes of radio.
I would definitely recommend the Voyager Kaito KA500L.
1) The Crank Power device is very weak: I charged manually for two minutes, according to the instructions. The power lasted for 3 minutes. I charged again for two minutes and the power lasted for less than one minute.
2) The solar panel charge the battery, in their words "at a very slow rate". They continue, in their instructions: "it is better to crank it to charge the battery". Just imagine how slow is the solar panel.
3) The shortwave radio reception is almost non-existent. Since this is an emergency radio, the SW reception is very important.
4) They offer to give Amazon customer a free SW antenna is we submit a review. This antenna should have been included with the radio.
So, this radio goes back and I will look for something better
UPDATE: The good news is that I received a prompt response from the Kaito email contact. The bad news is that I received an unprofessional and condescending response which I will share here. Botton Line; Completley check out your product immediately and know that purchasing from this company can be a crap shoot!
On 11/30/16, george<email@example.com> wrote:
I am afraid that your item is out of warranty. This is an electronics
product. You can't just store it in somewhere in years without any touch and
expect to use it like a new one when you need it. Normally, you have to test
it periodically to at least keep the built-in battery alive. I would say our
warranty won't cover it because of the user error. If you have any question,
please feel free to contact our service team at 909-628-6088.
Sorry about that and thanks for your understanding.