Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 85% on textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG Stylo 4 | $249.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,021 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,292 reviews
on August 12, 2018
I bought this for camping. because the reviews on Amazon don't always state correct product reviews so I decided I would look other places as to not make a wrong purchase. I also checked out utube and it was pretty much all positive. so I bought it and I'm so glad I did. It is a great radio. lots of features and the light source is good. This weekend was the test and if you're looking at the big ones, get this one. The radio reception was great and with all the problems with forest fires, this will help to keep a person safe in the woods. A friend had a huge one and this one gave just as good of a performance as his huge radio. Yep when I dragged this little Kaito out and walked down to the shoreline he was had to put his in a wagon cause it was so heavy. Love it. .
on August 11, 2018
The knobs and settings are fairly intuitive and user friendly. I love the multiple power sources which will be important in an emergency. The directions are a little confusing - only regarding the tiny on/off switch near the cluster of ports in the back....unsure how this differs from the off switch on the front of the unit. I wish it came in a storage satchel so batteries and directions could be on standby, but I knew this when I purchased the item and am still glad I did. It's a neat little radio and I'm glad I have it for potential weather emergencies where I live. Thumbs up!
on August 7, 2018
I don't know why people are so hard on their reviews. I know I purchased this hoping that I never had to use it although I know the high possibility of an emergency living in Florida and Puerto Rico. I need to have that connection to know what's going on and I have peace of mind knowing that one way or the other I will have my little radio providing me the information. It is also my responsbility to have extra batteries and not rely on only one source. If you expect that the cranking thing on this radio will last hours then you should have solar panels at home and disregard this product. Pesimists are going to have a hard time no matter what, anyways I am happy with my lil yellow radio.
on August 6, 2018
Great little portable radio. It's great having shortwave bands. From initial impressions, it seems well built, I used the crank for testing and I am not seeing the fragile nature that many people talk about. The only complaints I have are that the plastic screen came with a little crack in it and that when you keep scrolling the tuner, the knob goes further than the red indicator so when you reach the end, it bends a little bit. Neither of these are enough to alter the 5 stars review however, mostly based on what you are getting for the price. (This may change if I were spending over $100) The charging options are one of the best parts of this radio, you can use an A/C charger, crank, solar, and even a phone charger. It will accept 5V and output for charging other devices as well. I keep a power bank that I could use to run the radio. The sound is great too for what it is. You can really crank it up. You aren't going to get base coming out of the thing, but it is clear which is what you need for emergencies. Worth it, best out there for the money!
on August 5, 2018
Fortunately we've never needed this for its intended purpose, but we've tested all the features and it they all seem to work very well for what we hope to never need them for.
on August 4, 2018
When the power is out and storms are coming, must have.
on August 3, 2018
It worked great at first for the weather but then after a couple weeks wouldn’t pick it up. Poor reception. Not enough station separation or clarity. Might be ok in an emergency for a light or phone charge, but don’t count on the radio or weather working with any good reception.
on August 1, 2018
The Voyager KA500 World Receiver worked flawlessly right out of box. All of the components were present, including a very informative manual. Upon turning on the radio in my study, the sound was so unexpectedly good I ran into the kitchen to show my wife and have her listen as well. We are very pleased with this exceptional product, which is very reasonably priced.
review image
on August 1, 2018
for parent, did try it when they got it and it worked
on July 31, 2018
Very pleased with the radio. It seems to do everything it says. Thankfully, we haven't had an emergency to put it through a test!