Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kaito KA500 5-way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW NOAA ..." and save 42% off the $69.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Kaito KA500 5-way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW NOAA Weather Alert Radio with Solar,Dynamo Crank,Flashlight and Reading Lamp, Color Black
- A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator.
- The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well.
- To maximize the sunlight's rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
The newly released Kaito Voyager KA500 is a sister product of Kaito's widely praised emergency radios KA007, KA008 and KA009. With its revolutionary design and versatile functions, it's an ideal companion for emergency preparedness purposes, outdoor activities as well as traveling. Specifically designed for emergency situations, the KA500 offers different methods to power itself. Those methods include AC/DC adapter (not included), three AA batteries (not included), the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery which can be recharged from the AC adapter, by hand, by solar panel or by a PC, and the dynamo hand crank which not only can recharge the built-in battery but provides power even when no battery is installed. At the heart of the KA500, there is an internal generator that recharges the internal replaceable Ni-MH battery pack and powers the radio, flashlight and reading lamp. Also, by plugging your cell phone into the jack on the back of the radio, you can use the crank to power your phone. Not only that, this radio also features a USB port, which you can use either to charge your radio with a PC or charge other electronic gadgets with the hand crank. You can use the KA500 to receive a wide range of broadcasting including AM, FM, shortwave and NOAA weather stations. The 7-weather channels are pre-programmed and numbered from 1-7, you can easily and conveniently tune into the stations by turning the switch, no more guess work involved. Compared with any other solar-powered emergency radios, the KA500 has its unique 180-degree adjustable solar panel, which can maximize sunlight exposure to power up the radio or charge the internal Ni-MH batteries. On the back side of the solar panel, there is a super-bright 5-LED reading lamp. Standard accessories include earphones, user manual.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The Crank Power device is very weak: I charged manually for two minutes, according to the instructions. The power lasted for 3 minutes. I charged again for two minutes and the power lasted for less than one minute.
2) The solar panel charge the battery, in their words "at a very slow rate". They continue, in their instructions: "it is better to crank it to charge the battery". Just imagine how slow is the solar panel.
3) The shortwave radio reception is almost non-existent. Since this is an emergency radio, the SW reception is very important.
4) They offer to give Amazon customer a free SW antenna is we submit a review. This antenna should have been included with the radio.
So, this radio goes back and I will look for something better
Cell Phone Charging
The included USB cable fit perfectly my Samsung Galaxy S6 and can be very slowly charged by the radio. Let me emphasize VERY SLOWLY cell phone charging. While charging my cell phone I had trouble picking up radio stations. I don’t know if it is designed that way or if the cell phone charging was impeding the radio to pick-up reception. I would not recommend relying on the radio to charge your cell phone.
After letting the battery drained, I cranked the radio for 3 minutes and that was enough to re-charge the battery for 22 minutes of radio.
I would definitely recommend the Voyager Kaito KA500L.
UPDATE: The good news is that I received a prompt response from the Kaito email contact. The bad news is that I received an unprofessional and condescending response which I will share here. Botton Line; Completley check out your product immediately and know that purchasing from this company can be a crap shoot!
On 11/30/16, george<email@example.com> wrote:
I am afraid that your item is out of warranty. This is an electronics
product. You can't just store it in somewhere in years without any touch and
expect to use it like a new one when you need it. Normally, you have to test
it periodically to at least keep the built-in battery alive. I would say our
warranty won't cover it because of the user error. If you have any question,
please feel free to contact our service team at 909-628-6088.
Sorry about that and thanks for your understanding.