4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Kaito KA500 5-way Powered Emergency AM/FM/SW NOAA Weather Alert Radio with Solar,Dynamo Crank,Flashlight and Reading Lamp, Color Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- A perfect radio for emergencies and disasters, it comes with all the features that you need in any emergency situation. It comes with a High quality AC type brushless generator.
- The solar panel powers the radio by itself and charges the built-in batteries as well.
- To maximize the sunlight's rays, the solar panel is designed to tilt with the suns position to receive the energy during the day time.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
The newly released Kaito Voyager KA500 is a sister product of Kaito's widely praised emergency radios KA007, KA008 and KA009. With its revolutionary design and versatile functions, it's an ideal companion for emergency preparedness purposes, outdoor activities as well as traveling. Specifically designed for emergency situations, the KA500 offers different methods to power itself. Those methods include AC/DC adapter (not included), three AA batteries (not included), the built-in rechargeable Ni-MH battery which can be recharged from the AC adapter, by hand, by solar panel or by a PC, and the dynamo hand crank which not only can recharge the built-in battery but provides power even when no battery is installed. At the heart of the KA500, there is an internal generator that recharges the internal replaceable Ni-MH battery pack and powers the radio, flashlight and reading lamp. Also, by plugging your cell phone into the jack on the back of the radio, you can use the crank to power your phone. Not only that, this radio also features a USB port, which you can use either to charge your radio with a PC or charge other electronic gadgets with the hand crank. You can use the KA500 to receive a wide range of broadcasting including AM, FM, shortwave and NOAA weather stations. The 7-weather channels are pre-programmed and numbered from 1-7, you can easily and conveniently tune into the stations by turning the switch, no more guess work involved. Compared with any other solar-powered emergency radios, the KA500 has its unique 180-degree adjustable solar panel, which can maximize sunlight exposure to power up the radio or charge the internal Ni-MH batteries. On the back side of the solar panel, there is a super-bright 5-LED reading lamp. Standard accessories include earphones, user manual.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cell Phone Charging
The included USB cable fit perfectly my Samsung Galaxy S6 and can be very slowly charged by the radio. Let me emphasize VERY SLOWLY cell phone charging. While charging my cell phone I had trouble picking up radio stations. I don’t know if it is designed that way or if the cell phone charging was impeding the radio to pick-up reception. I would not recommend relying on the radio to charge your cell phone.
After letting the battery drained, I cranked the radio for 3 minutes and that was enough to re-charge the battery for 22 minutes of radio.
I would definitely recommend the Voyager Kaito KA500L.
1) The Crank Power device is very weak: I charged manually for two minutes, according to the instructions. The power lasted for 3 minutes. I charged again for two minutes and the power lasted for less than one minute.
2) The solar panel charge the battery, in their words "at a very slow rate". They continue, in their instructions: "it is better to crank it to charge the battery". Just imagine how slow is the solar panel.
3) The shortwave radio reception is almost non-existent. Since this is an emergency radio, the SW reception is very important.
4) They offer to give Amazon customer a free SW antenna is we submit a review. This antenna should have been included with the radio.
So, this radio goes back and I will look for something better
UPDATE: The good news is that I received a prompt response from the Kaito email contact. The bad news is that I received an unprofessional and condescending response which I will share here. Botton Line; Completley check out your product immediately and know that purchasing from this company can be a crap shoot!
On 11/30/16, george<email@example.com> wrote:
I am afraid that your item is out of warranty. This is an electronics
product. You can't just store it in somewhere in years without any touch and
expect to use it like a new one when you need it. Normally, you have to test
it periodically to at least keep the built-in battery alive. I would say our
warranty won't cover it because of the user error. If you have any question,
please feel free to contact our service team at 909-628-6088.
Sorry about that and thanks for your understanding.
Most recent customer reviews
It is durable, easy to use, and has many features.