- File Size: 1596 KB
- Print Length: 62 pages
- Publication Date: May 18, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071P4FJJG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #250,305 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Kal'an Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
When Lyka mentioned that she was working on a story loosely based on John Norman's Gor novels, I was ridiculously excited. I fell in love with that world's sci-fi submission and slavery during my teenage years, rereading the handful of novels written from the Kajira point-of-view over and over, and always wished that he would explore just one transgender character. While it is unlike he will ever fulfill that wish, Lyka has provided the next best thing.
Kal'an opens here, on Earth, with a story of three friends exploring a new tunnel in some subterranean caves. The detail is fantastic, capturing both the awe and the fear of the experience, and their sudden emergence into a new world with twin suns is handled quite nicely, with one brave explorer, one cautious friend, and some unbalanced young man in denial. The arrival of a caravan of cat-like humanoids is played perfectly, with the capture and delivery of the humans taking us deeper into the world.
I hesitate to say too much about that world, but 'Soft Path' offered to captives is both sinister and seductive, described in magical terms, with a sense of ceremony and pageantry to the transformation. We do not get a lot of sexual submission here, more a recounting of nights passed, but what we do get is enough to establish the plight of captives on Kal'an. In, by far, the most plot-driven of all her books, Lyka keeps the story moving with surprises, betrayals, and revelations that continue to expand this new world and add even greater detail. It does end on something of a cliffhanger, but this is a complete story in itself, with the next chapter promising something even bigger and bolder.
If you are a fan of heroic fantasy, sexual slavery, and gender transformation, then Kal'an is pretty much the book you (and I) have been looking for.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Action & Adventure
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > BDSM
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Fantasy
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > LGBT > Transgender
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Paranormal
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > BDSM
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > LGBT > Transgender
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Paranormal