Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on February 28, 2012
I had a pair of Sketcher's Shape Ups exercise shoes that were finally falling apart. I read up on these Earth Exer-Walk Sneakers and it's negative heel technology. So, being adventurous, I decided to give them a try.

Pro:
1. They will work out your calves. I'm in fairly good shape and these worked out my calves very well.

Con:
1. If you have flat feet like me, these will hurt the area of your fallen arch. The insoles are just too hard and unforgiving.
2. Not recommended for power walking; the impact on the heel is very hard.

I do primarily weight training, but I also power walk with my sister's dog. These shoes leave my feet achy and tired after the walk.

If you do get these shoes, you will experience a period of adjustment. They feel like your heels are sinking into the ground, which is the intent (think barefoot beach walking). Regardless, I highly recommend going to a shoe store to try them on before making a purchase. Some folks find them comfortable; I did not.
on January 17, 2012
Wow, I have to say, I want to burn these shoes! I am a nurse, so I am on my feet about 7 hours out of 8. I wore these the first night and I limped out of the door the end of shift. The second night, my feet were so sore from the first night I had to go socks only most of the shift (good thing I work nights). The third night, I decided that I cannot wear them anymore!

The arch is very high and in an awkward place (slighlty further back than normal). The negative heel thing: sounds like a good idea, but that doesn't provide for much support.

Like I said, I can't wear them anymore.
on March 7, 2012
This is my second pair of this style sneaker; I have at least 6 pairs of Earth sandals and 1 pair of shoes - they're great. I have a high arch and lace these shoes for high arches (taking the pressure off the top of the arch). I can walk and leave these on for hours without my "old" feet bothering me - can't say that about any others. My very first pair of Earth sandals were "mis-made" and hurt my feet terribly, I returned them for a replacement pair and have been "sold" on Earth shoes ever since. I have lower back pain due to a long-ago injury, and the negative heel really does help align your back and make it feel better.
on April 11, 2011
I love the way they look from the side. And I think they are good quality. But these Earth shoes in particular look like clown shoes from the top. They have a skinny middle, and a very wide and long toe portion. I ordered the 8.5 M size. I compared them to my brooks running shoes and they are 1 inch longer and wider than those. This coupled with heel focused walking makes it really look like clown shoes. I have a wide foot, but these are ridiculous. I think if I get another pair of Earth shoes (or any on-line bought shoes), I will make sure to examine the pictures available. And if the seller didn't post the pictures, I will request them to post/send more pictures. Better that than paying to return the product, which I am doing.
on August 23, 2011
I LOVE these shoes! They feel so good I hate it when I have to take them off. I ordered my usual size and they're a perfect fit. Very lightweight. Great arch support. The tongue is more thickly padded than most, which is great for me because lace-up shoes often hurt my instep. Earth shoes feel just a bit odd when you first put a pair on but I got used to them within a few minutes and now walking in them feels perfectly natural and I actually think they make me feel more energetic.
review image
on April 7, 2010
The first day I wore these shoes to walk my dogs, they felt different than my regular tennis shoes, and the next day my calves were KILLING me (in a good way). After wearing them the second and third times, I got used to the way they felt (great). Highly recommended, however I wish I'd seen the vegan style before I'd purchased my leather ones.
on May 28, 2012
I've had my shoes for 5 months and I love them. I use them daily for a casual shoe (not an exercise shoe) and they are perfect for a casual shoe. They are lightweight and comfortable. I've had Earth shoes before so I'm used to the lower heal, if you've not tried an Earth shoe before it'll feel different until you get used to it.
on March 13, 2010
I got my shoes yesterday, put them on. Oh so nice. Comfy. I'm going to order another color.
Fits great. I love them.
on April 21, 2010
The descriptions and reviews made these sound so comfortable, but the too-low heel & the insole indentation in the heel area makes walking in these shoes very uncomfortable and unnatural. I felt that I could damage or possibly tear my Achille's tendons if I wore these for long.

The leather was very poor quality, and it crinkled and warped after brief wear on the first day. I returned them for a full refund.

The only thing I liked about these shoes is that they fit well, with roomy toe boxes. They are quite ugly shoes, but if they were comfortable and had decent quality leather (or even pleather)I'd have kept them. Comfort is my primary criteria for choosing footwear.
on April 13, 2010
I'm an avid walker and did my research on the Earh Womens Exer-Walk shoes, and after reading the reviews purchased these shoes. They felt good when I tried them on but after two weeks walking in then the bottom of my feet hurt so bad that I was unable to wear them for walking. I contacted the seller "Foot Smart" and they refused to let me return or exchange them. I contacted Earth Shoes and they said they would gladly take them back from Foot Smart, I again contacted Foot Smart
and they refused to send them back to Earth even though Earth agreed to except the return. Now I'm stuck with a $70.00 pair of shoes that I can't even walk in, I would even except a exchange. I realize that Foot Smart states that if shoes are worn they will not except a return but how was I to know the pain they would cause my feet until I wore them, I have never had a problem with any other walking shoe before this shoe. I would NEVER purchase anything from Foot Smart. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a purchase from Amazon, very disappointed!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.