Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Kamado Joe KJ-IKAMANDNA iKamand Smart Temperature Control and Monitoring Tool for Classic Joe Grills, Black
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- App Controlled - Simply attach the breakthrough smart device to the bottom vent of your charcoal grill, and total control over heat, smoke, and target temperature is in your hands.
- Smart Technology - The iKamand uses smart temperature control and responsive smart fans to make cooking more relaxing and more enjoyable over the entire process, from easy start-up to effortlessly-delicious finish.
- BBQ Feed - Enjoy access to curated, always-updated videos, tutorials, and posts, created to inspire you to try fresh things on the grill and learn new techniques.
- Compatible with Kamado Joe 18-inch Classic I, II, III grills. Use Setup mode to connect to your iKamand device and set it up with your local WiFi credentials. Press the iKamand button for about 1 second to start and stop Stoke mode. Press iKamand button for 4 - 8 seconds to enter/leave WiFi mode.
Customer ratings by feature
Customers also search
From the manufacturer
The iKamand makes the art of low-and-slow BBQ easy—turning even the newest kamado griller into an instant pit master.
EASY TO USE
Attach the iKAMAND to the bottom vent of your charcoal grill for digital control of temperature, heat, & smoke.
Start your grill, walk away and monitor on the go with your smart device. Includes access to tutorials, videos, and recipes.
Faster start up times with whisper quiet operation and up to 4 temperature probes.
Compare with similar items
| || |
Kamado Joe BJ-IKAMANDNA iKamand Smart Temperature Control and Monitoring Device for Big Joe Grills, Black
Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller (Ceramic/Kamado Kit)
Kamado Joe KJ-DJ DoJoe Pizza Oven Grill Accessory for Classic Joe, Black
Kamado Joe KJ-MCC23 Charcoal Basket Grill Accessory for Classic Joe, Stainless Steel
Kamado Joe KJ-TISSERIENA JoeTisserie Rotisserie Grill Accessory for Classic Joe Grills
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Flame Boss||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Ceramic||Cast Aluminum, Ceramic||Stainless Steel||Aluminum|
The iKamand makes the art of low-and-slow BBQ easy—turning even the newest kamado griller into an instant pit master. Start your grill, walk away, and monitor your cook on the go. You’ll always maintain full control through the iKamand app, no matter where you are. The cooking algorithms are tried, tested, and proven to cook your food to perfection.
Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, that's the last time I make that mistake.
Unit #1 performed well for about 10 cooks. I loved the data accumulated in the app from previous cooks, as it helps me to plan how long future cooks may take. But then with no change to the location of my grill or to my WiFi setup, the iKamand started dropping the WiFi connection. As stated in the instructions, occasional disconnections from WiFi are nothing to worry about, but the disconnections I experienced were difficult or impossible to recover from.
In practice, this means that when you're 7 hours into smoking a brisket and not only does the unit lose connection to WiFi but also doesn't notify you that the connection is severed, you'll be scrambling to remove the unit and replace it with a standard plate that you can manually regulate the dome temperature. That is, if you notice it has lost its connection at all.
With two cooks nearly ruined, I returned this unit for a replacement.
Unit #2 did not survive even one cook before permanently losing its WiFi connection. I tried multiple 2.4 GHz networks as well as using my iPhone as a hotspot, which should work according to the instructions. There was no way to get this unit to connect to the Internet and stay connected.
If you're considering buying this product, you may be thinking, "This may work fine for me; I may not have the WiFi issues that he's having." That is true. If this didn't have WiFi connectivity issues, I'd probably give it 3 stars. When it works, it works, but I would definitely improve the app in terms of alerts (this should be loud, repeating, and un-ignorable, but I can very easily miss "temp reached" notifications with one overly-polite notification). However, there is a particular problem with lack of WiFi connectivity that kills the usability of this device that you should strongly consider in any case:
THIS UNIT MUST BE CONTROLLED VIA APP OVER WIFI. IT CANNOT BE SET OR ADJUSTED OTHERWISE.
It follows that with any transient connection problem with your phone, the app, or WiFi, the iKamand is only useful as a paperweight.
If you've read this far and you've never bought a similar device, here are some questions to ask yourself before choosing a temperature controller:
1. Does the device need to be programmable sans an app or a network?
2. Are audible/loud alerts desired?
3. Does the device need to be controllable by Bluetooth (in case WiFi is unavailable)?
4. Should the device have a physical display to indicate its current state?
5. Should the temperature monitoring of this device be usable even without the grill?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this device will leave you disappointed and possibly frustrated. If you answered yes to all of these questions, you'll be much better served by a ThermoWorks Sense + Billows combo or maybe the Flame Boss, the latter of which is available on Amazon.
But man, each unit did something different. The first just stopped connecting to wifi at all after my first cook. Bought a dedicated 2.4 router for it (why? It’s 2022), did direct connections in a full router DMZ with zero network interference. I know my way around a router. It is not my internet.
The next would just keep the fan on forever after about 20 minutes. Had to unplug and restart the cook every 20 minutes or so.
I’ve never had an IoT device be so finicky with internet connections. Ever.
The final unit, and final straw for iKamand, was a thanksgiving cook that went on “blue light mode” (and showed a connection in my router stats) but did none of the “will go off it’s last known settings” even though the app said it had lost connection. I even tried to turn it to Wi-Fi Direct mode and that failed after about an hour.
I don’t know what cost cutting corners Kamado Joe went through on this device, or what servers Decora is running in someone’s basement instead of renting dynamic demand servers somewhere like every other IoT company out there, but I’ve had enough. I shouldn’t have to cross my fingers, do a special dance, and troubleshoot my entire network connection every time I want to cook something.
Maybe the new ownership of Kamado Joe will result in a reliable product.