Kamado Joe KJ23RH Classic Joe Grill, 18", Red
|Price:||$1,099.99 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Premium 18" Ceramic Grill with Sturdy Cart, Locking Wheels
- Divide and Conquer Flexible Cooking System Included
- Patented Slide-Out Ash Drawer
- Ash Tool and Grate Gripper Included
- Best Built, Most Versatile, Best Warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||48 x 28 x 46.5 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||KJ23RH|
|Shipping Weight||208 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Kamado Joe KJ23RH Classic Joe Grill, 18", Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||hardwarestoreusa||Amazon.com||hardwarestoreusa||Brandster Inc||Amazon.com||Aim To Find|
|Item Dimensions||28 x 46.5 x 48 in||28.7 x 24.8 x 21.6 in||20.75 x 19.75 x 27 in||21 x 28 x 27.5 in||29.1 x 45.9 x 52 in||28.8 x 32.5 x 47 in|
BEST BUILT, Flat out the best ceramic grill on the planet! That may be a bold statement, but we invite you to look under the hood and see for yourself! If you compare Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill with other ceramic grills on the market, you'll soon recognize that Kamado Joe's the best built grill on the market and that fit and finish are second to none! But there's a lot more to a Kamado Joe grill than meets the eye. MOST VERSATILE. We may call Kamado Joe a grill, but it's really that and a whole lot more. A key advantage of Kamado Joe's ceramic vessel is its ability to insulate. Not only does this require less total heat for cooking, it also lets you cook at significantly higher temperatures or at very low temperatures for a significantly longer time. Combine this with the ability to not only control, but fine-tune temperature, and you get a grill that is extremely versatile. Grill, Smoke, Sear, Bake. BEST WARRANTY. We back them like we build them. Boldly and better than anyone else! Kamado Joe comes with a Lifetime Warranty on ceramic parts and free shipping on all warranty parts.
Top customer reviews
If my review was helpful to you, please click the yes button below! :-)
The ceramic vessel is nearly identical in size, shape, and thickness to the Big Green Egg. Therefore you can expect it to cook just as well.
For this $1,000 Kamado Joe, you get the ceramic vessel, the heat diffuser plate, a multi-tier grill, the side-shelves, the rolling base, a poker, and a grill gripper. Furthermore, when I received this item it was completely assembled. All I had to do was put the vessel onto the stand. The same equipment, plus delivery, plus assembly for a local BGE dealer would have cost me $1,500 to $1,600. The Kamado Joe also has a better quality thermometer and a very convenient ash collection tray. I own a big green egg minimax and I have grilled with both Kamado Joe and BGE and I can attest that the grilling results are comparable. As a final touch, the Kamado Joe comes with a well written and concise instruction booklet with simple and comprehensible diagrams; whereas the last big green egg I bought came with some brochures to buy more accessories ...
I was really torn over getting the large big green egg or this item. I read several online reviews that conclude the performance of the Kamado Joe is identical to the BGE, with some minor preference for the Kamado Joe because the steel bands holding the dome lid and the felt gasket materials are slightly better quality. I am glad I followed the guidance of the review (buy the cheaper grill). All the pros to the Kamado Joe I mentioned above have reassured me that I made the right choice.
I am truly grateful to the Kamado Joe company staff for creating this product that gives me so much more value. I still feel dirty from my encounters with sleazy BGE retailers who don't even post the prices of the BGE grills on the floor of their stores. It seems like depending on the day, time, and even weather their price fluctuates up and down by plus or minus $60 with the total price coming in $500 higher than this Kamado Joe. Furthermore, the dealer disorients me with a barrage of all the add-ons: more money for the shelves, the poker, the grill gripper, the stand. Oh, and by the way, they are happy to sell me some of their own patio furniture for an extra thousand dollars. On the other hand, Kamado Joe, will sell you three simple ceramic feet pices for a nominal cost so you can simply set your grill on the ground or your existing patio equipment. I think the BGE is stuck in a 20th century mentality of screwing the consumer with "authorized retailer" markup.
Finally, it is kind of nice how Kamado Joe is named after the original Japanese style Kamado ovens, giving credit to those who came before and made important contributions to the grilling craft.
A few of practical points:
1. This is a very heavy package. It was packed in very durable heavy duty cardboard. Nevertheless my grill did move around inside its package. I carefully inspected the item and I could not find any damage or cracks. Ordering through Amazon, gave me confidence that I would be handled fairly if I receive an item damaged because of shipping.
2. The metal insert for the ash collection has a small lip that I needed to bend with pliers to get it to fit optimally in the base of my Kamado oven.
3. You will need two strong people to lift the vessel into its rolling cradle stand. It will be very difficult for one person to lift it, but it can be done by putting one of your hands in the base ash tray opening and carefully stabilizing the kamado with your other hand on the hinge. While holding the Kamado oven in this position one of the metal shelf supports will be dangerously close to your testicles.
Most recent customer reviews
Cooks meat to perfection