Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on October 13, 2012
I discovered Kamik last year when I wanted to purchase some rain boots for gardening and Amazon had an amazing sale on rainboots. After researching rainboot companies, I found out Kamik was indeed a top of the line company. The quality and durability is super high.
Like many I read many reviews on the Jennifer. It came with rave reviews but some complaints about shoe size and how hard it was to get the foot out. I usually wear a 7W. Since Jennifer only came in M sizes I bought both a size 7M and 8M - only to find out the 7M works perfectly even with thick wool knee high socks. (smartwool). My calves are 15 inches in circumference so they fit perfectly - even with the knee high socks! I'm pretty sure I can't push a pair of jeans in the boot since my calf is too big for that at the circumference, but I was happy to see that I could wear knee high socks with this item.
As for how hard it is to get the foot out, it was harder than the other pair I bought last year - ankle area on the Jennifer is a bit fitted - but I was still able to get the foot out without much problem. Maybe took an extra 10 seconds total? - with the socks.
As for fit, the 7M fit perfectly. I was swimming in the 8M pair even though I had the thick socks on with those too. I HIGHLY recommend these boots. I may buy a second pair for a backup. :)
on March 17, 2014
Great boots, great brand! The only reason I'm returning is because they are too long for my short legs. I ordered the Olivia style instead, which are not so tall. I typically wear a 7 or 7.5. I ordered an 8 in these boots. The length was a tad long but totally fine. I like these kinds of boots to be a bit roomy.

Pros: Love the style and the little insignia at the top, which adds a bit of unexpected class to an otherwise utilitarian boot. The inner liner is cushy and the boots were quite comfortable in the insole. The grey is quite dark yet a nice departure from typical black. I have SUPER wide feet and a narrow heel- the width was great for me and I could still fit a pair of socks. However in think the width would still be fine for narrower feet due to the way the boots are constructed. These boots are made of recyclable rubber, which I love.

Cons: I'm only 5'3" and these boots came up almost to the knee, which made walking in them very difficult. The boot would snap back and hit me in the calf upon each step. I don't have large calves and I could fit my whole fist into the boot along with my legs, However they still looked fine. Someone taller with larger calves would love these boots.
on May 16, 2014
These boots rub my ankle bones mercilessly. Mind you, I was wearing them without socks, but I've done that with other rain boots and it was never an issue. They are also very stiff to walk in. I am very short, 5'0 and they are just about hitting my knee. At first I thought the main issue I would have with these is that they are too long on my leg and that walking in them would be unfortable for that reason - they seem to hit too high on both the front and back of my leg and they feel so stiff when I take each step. I could live with that aspect of it - however, I never anticipated that the interior would feel like a cheese grater on my poor ankle bone. I also bought them in the black color and they don't look chic, they look like industrial grade boots - like I'm ready to go to work at the sewage plant. Again, I could live with that, but the ankle bone issue kills it - it makes them unwearable.
on December 15, 2012
I spent most of my life living in San Diego and never had a reason to wear rain boots. Now I live in the Bay Area, and I'm tired of having wet feet. After looking through most of the rain boots on Amazon, these seemed like the best fit for me. I was looking for a pair of boots that would be tall enough for me, because I'm 5'7 and I would like the boots to come almost to my knees. I usually wear a size 10.5 so I decided to order up to a size 11.

After wearing these for two rainy days, I have to say that I love these boots! The size 11 fits me very well. My toes have enough room that they still feel comfortable after a very long day. (I wore these boots for 9+ hours on both days.) I am able to fit my boots over my skinny pants with no problem - they are definitely not too tight. Surprisingly, it has not even been too difficult for me to take the boots off. I had no problem with the boots being too tight around my ankles, but again, I ordered a half a size bigger than usual. On top of everything else, these boots are stylish, and I look forward to rainy days so I get to wear them! I would recommend these boots to anyone.
on April 22, 2014
The boot is a nice looking rain boot, but I am a size 8 and thus ordered an 8. With a small sock on, these boots were tight in the foot area AND my toes were curled up at the end of it. I had planned to where my orthotic in them as well as there is ABSOLUTELY NO arch support in these and I have plantar fasciitus The orthotic further ate up any space that I had inside the foot bed. My calves are not particularly slender (14 1/2"), but these fit over them just fine, even with heavier jeans tucked into them. There is no cloth backing the runbber so I would imagine the boots would get pretty sweaty when warm. Given the size factor, these 8's unfortunately will have to go back.
on March 25, 2014
These boots are AWESOME! I searched high and low for waterproof boots that I could wear fishing, around the horses, in the garden & in the snow that were comfortable and decent looking. I almost bought a pair of $150 Hunter boots, but some of the reviews said the seams leak. I didn't want to spend that much money. I found these & the reviews were good.
I wore these up to Bennett Springs for fly fishing. I didn't want to wear waders b/c it was cold, but wanted to get a bit off shore. These boots worked perfect for keeping my feet dry and warm in the cold spring. They have some tread so I wasn't slipping all over the place. They clean nicely & they are super cute! I have no complaints! They are tight around my calves, but are comfortable. True to size. I wear a 8.5 to 9 M and I bought the 9 & it fit perfectly.
They did not rub on my heels at all. I wore them for about 14 hours for two days straight wearing a thin pair of breathable socks. They do take a second to get used to walking in them, but I think they are more of a "utility" type boot than a fashion boot. I did not feel the heel at all. Great boots for working in the barn & around the farm!
on September 25, 2012
I made the mistake of not having any rain boots. A few years ago, a huge storm hit my area and I ended up ruining a few pairs of sneakers and having to rush order a crappy pair of boots that were styled like a child would wear and barely held up.
In preparation for the rainy season coming up, I decided to get a new pair of rain boots. I instantly fell in love with these boots due to the sleek mature style and the ability of the boots to look good with everything in my closet. However, $50 was too much for me to spend so I put the boots on my wishlist and hoped for the price to drop. Lucky for me, the price dropped down to around $30 and I just received birthday money...so I ordered them without thinking twice! I have to admit, I haven't tested them in the rain yet, but they look to be seamless and are made of quality materials so I doubt I'll have any problems.
I usually wear a 7.5 so I ordered the 8. I tried the boots on and they are a little tight around the foot area. Before you write this off as a design flaw, consider why they might have done this. Say, that a little water accidently gets down the top of the boot and falls down by your foot. Keeping the boot tight will prevent your toes from getting soaked and frozen! I really appreciate this design idea.
I have very thin calves and the boots were a little big around the top, however I think wearing them with jeans will be perfect and I can tuck the jeans down the boot nicely, preventing any water from seeping in.
The style is timeless and gorgeous and the materials are solid. Now I just need a sexy trench coat and I'm set for the rain!
on November 2, 2013
These boots were true to size with a little bit of extra room. I was able to wear my fleece woven socks and a pair of jeans with my feet and calves without feeling constricted. I'm 5'5 and these boots hit about an inch below the ankle, which is a plus because I love tall boots. I was able to get these on and off with ease but I would like to add that my calves aren't huge, so if you have wide calves there is a possibility that you may have a problem with these boots.
I would recommend these boots and like to add the price for these boots are just perfect. Dirt Cheap!!!!
on December 18, 2013
These are pretty cute, but somehow not as well fitted as the now cheaply produced in China Hunter's, and no where near as well made as Le Chameau, though those feel a bit conservative to me.

SIZE:
Because of the conflicting reviews - I ordered my size + 1 size up.

My usual size seems to fit better, but is about 1/4 size too small. But the bigger size is just too big and looks funny. If I choose to keep them I'll go with smaller one. It seems to fit ok with a thick wool winter sock. Will def work well in warmer months with a thin sock.

I found the calf to be BIG not small like some people have mentioned here. I'm 5'9" and not particularly petite and the calf is roomie. Wider than the Hunter boots, and looks less streamline.

I've not tested these to see if they don't leak like Hunter's do, because I'm not sure if I'll keep them, as they're not as cute as I imagined.

Though they are functional looking and have a kind of military vibe, that's cool, but I'm more into a riding boot feel like the Hunters.

WHY DID HUNTER OUTSOURCE TO CHINA!?!?!?! Such BS.
on June 9, 2012
Why are wide calf boots so hard to find and why are they so much more expensive when I find them? I'm not trying to break the bank just to keep my feet dry during the rainy season and I don't want to look as though I work on a deep sea fishing boat either. I want what any woman wants ... I want to look good and keep my feet dry while it rains. With that said, I have calves that are about 16" around and I have a really hard time buying boots. I usually don't settle. However, this time I'm just going to give in and keep these. They are snug around my calves to the point that I have to wiggle them on and fight to get them off but I think I'll live with it as long as they keep my feet dry during a downpour. Also, I'd like to mention that there is zero chance for these to fit over pants, jeans, or even leggings for me so I'll be doing what the "cool" kids do these days and roll my pants/jeans to just above the boot. Anyway, these boots seem to be very well made, quite flexible, fairly comfortable, and they look good. I guess it's a matter of how well they hold up. Only time will tell.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.