Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
on September 17, 2015
I read all of the positive reviews on the Kamp-Rite Double Tent Cot and decided to make my purchase. I wanted to hold off on a review until I had the opportunity to use it. I took it camping for the first time this week and was disappointed in the bad quality control and poor materials used in its manufacture. The only thing I can figure is that I was sold a second (a tent that failed quality control).

The no-seeum mesh was not folded and sewn correctly on one side entry. When sewing in the zipper in one side-entry, they sewed right across the nylon zipper part itself for five inches, making it impossible to open the zipper on that side of the tent. The the clip of the leg strap was sewn incorrectly and in the wrong direction. As soon as I put strain on it, the sewing ripped out of the strap, rendering it useless (the other three straps were sewn in the correct direction). On initial setup, the thread in the upper corner seams started to pull out. At the apex of the tent are two small ties, supposedly for hanging a light, except when I hung a light, the seam they were sewn into started to tear out.

So, what's the problem with the seams and sewing? Simple answer... They used cheap, thin, cotton thread in all of the seams instead of a decent quality nylon bonded tent thread typically used in nylon fabric tent manufacturing (the Kamp-Rite does use denier nylon fabric). Maybe they were out of the good stuff the day they made my tent. Irrespective, the tent I received fails quality control and quality manufacturing on many points.

Aside from the above, I really think this concept can be great if Kamp-Rite would give more attention to using quality materials and attention to detail.
33 comments| 477 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2014
Item in the picture is not what is for sale. Item in picture is model #TB343. Item for sale is DCTC343. Buyer beware
11 comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2016
This is hard to describe. I like the unit but is does not work for me. If you are camping in your yard or just going out for a day this may work but this unit is heavy and bulky. I am 6' 1" tall and 205lbs, I slept in it fine but this unit is even heavy for even me to move. I could put my normal tent, sleeping bag and a blow up mattress in a pack pack. This unit stored is like 40" tall by 5' wide. I went camping and used my Equinox and this took up most the room in the back of my crossover. Product is as described but not camper friendly.
on July 13, 2015
Used one time hinges on legs collapsed. Would not recommend.
on August 3, 2016
Very sturdy and comfortable. Easy to set up. It's a little heavy, but it can be carried by one moderately strong person for a short distance. Not for long distance hiking. Only thing that bothered me was there is a bar in the middle that makes it into two separate cots. I know it's necessary so that the bed doesn't sag, but it is kind of annoying when trying to get close to each other. We put a full size foam topper in it and slept amazingly.
on February 10, 2015
both poles snapped the first day. they're an odd size diameter and cannot be replaced. kamp-rite doesn't even sell that size separately. now I have rigged it so that it is still usable and get lots of complements on the tent but at the end of the day the cot is awesome and the tent is really just junk should have spent the money and got the one I saw at Cabelas
Enthusiast: Campingon September 2, 2014
This is a great tent for what it's intended use. I'm assuming most readers will understand that this tent is NOT for backpacking or for portability. As many other reviews have noted, this is a heavy tent. That being said, it's a really really heavy tent. I used this tent this year for a few days out in the Sierra's in CA. The tent is well made and sturdy. There were warm nights, and with the rain fly on, can be down right hot. I'm about 5' 10" and there was enough room for me to sleep on one side of the tent (as there is a support barn that runs the length of the cot, essentially splitting the sleeping locations in half). I was also able to sit up, change, and get adjusted easily inside. Getting in is a matter of sitting in the any of the different openings and rolling in. As stated before, using the rain fly will create a closed environment. I imagine on a warmer night, I could've easily sweated throughout the night making it uncomfortable. At the very minimum, I had to leave at least one of the fly doors open just to get fresh air throughout the night. Although this may seem like an issue, on colder nights, I imagine this can be a great advantage. As for weight, this tent could be lighter. By how much, not sure, but I'm sure it'll increase the cost. Although it's relatively compact, it still take a lot of space in the back of a vehicle. It's relatively flat, but it's dimensions require dropping the back seats down in most vehicle. You can pile most of your camping gear on top of it, as I don't see anything that may be breakable if other bags were on top of it.

Overall, if you're looking for a comfortable nights sleep on a cot this fits the bill. Be mindful that this is a beast in respects to weight and compactness (-1 star). Also note, the rain fly does not give the best ventilation, so you may have to sacrifice some exposure for a breath of fresh air (-1 star). My advice is to have a canopy over this thing if you know you'll be in rainy weather (Note, this is supposed to be rain resistance, but I can't see that happening when you'll need fresh air flowing through). Although it gets an average rating, I didn't find it enough to return it. It fits it's purpose, as narrow as this may be. Unfortunately, it's still narrow.
on July 28, 2016
This is an awesome cot setup. Easy to put up and take down. Just let it be known, it's for vehicle camping. It's heavy. When the box arrives, keep it to figure out the security straps as there are no drawings or pictures in the instructions. Using the box picture and following the written instructions was very helpful to me: then I snapped a couple pictures for future reference.
on May 23, 2016
Bar in the middle of the tent cot is very uncomfortable, it also showed up with minor holes in the fabric. It may be fine for children, skeletor, or circus midgets but not so much for this guy. I sent the Double back and ordered the oversized TentCot instead. The Oversize has been about the best thing for solo jeep / truck camping and exploring.
on July 20, 2016
Love this TentCot, once you sleep on one of these you'll never want to use a traditional tent again .The bar down the middle is not an issue with an air mattress or even a good sleeping pad. I love the fact that it has two doors and getting out is very easy not having to pick yourself off the ground.Very strong and built like a brick house.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.