Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kamp-Rite Tent Cot Oversize Tent Cot (Green)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on January 11, 2007
This is a great product if you use it as a vehicle supported tent cot. My buddy and I ordered ours at the same time. We planned to put them up under a big enclosed awning. but the wind was so bad we couldn't get the awning up so we just camped in our tent cots. It was great! It wityhstood 30 mph gusts. There is a key/wallet/change pocket so they don't bounce around the cot. There was plenty of room for me, my next day's clothes a light and easy to get in and out of. Could sleep 2 if you really snuggle. BUT be wary. It does not stow down any smaller than the dimensions stated. I use a big truck and I bet it wouldn't stow in a compact trunk and would take up the whole back seat. It can be pretty airtight. I also used an additional camping pad to avoid the bend in the middle other reviews spoke of but I didn't have any problems at all and slept very, very comfortably. the only reason it doesn't rate 5 stars is the stowage size and I wish it had a strap inside for a light or camping fan. if it rains and you close allthe flaps it ill be pretty warm in the summer.
on January 9, 2007
I got this tent cot for quick setup, comfort and ease for when I go on overnight paintball outings. In fact, it is very easy to setup and is quite comfortable. However, the one MAJOR design flaw is that it has no roof vent. I now know why ALL other tents have a roof vent, and that is so the tent can breath. Most of my outings are in the dead of winter, so when sleeping, condensation builds up on the inside roof of the tent. When you lift your head in the morning, your head gets soaked from the condensation build-up. I do have a rainfly, which further holds in the moisture. I would think putting a roof vent in would greatly reduce the condensation because any moisture that does rise, will rise out to the rainfly, which in turn has adequate ventilation due to the nature of the air gap between the ranfly and the tent cot. Other than that one flaw, this is a great product. I'm curious how hot it will be in the summer. Although, I'm inclined NOT to use the rainfly unless absolutely necessary in the summer. Even if I did use the rainfly in the summer, I'd probably have all the flaps open on the tent to allow airflow.
on September 11, 2006
I recently purchased the oversized Kamp Rite Tent Cot, and it has been a pleasure to use. I have owned many tents and have camped throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. I have also struggled with coordinating sleeves, clips, poles and flapping fabric in heavy rain and wind. No more! The Tent Cot unfolds quickly, and can be set up or taken down in about two minutes. What could be easier? You can enter the tent from all four sides, which is really convenient, and there is plenty of room to stretch out and turn over without banging into a wall. My only complaint is the stiff plastic clips that clamp to the metal frame are brittle and lack flex. Consequently, one broke

when I was on vacation. However, it was a quick, easy repair with wire and a little tape, and I was back in business in about 5 minutes. I've had several folding boats over the years, and think if the Kamp Rite people made their clips a bit more flexible as the boat manufacturers do, this problem would be quickly eliminated. Would I buy another? You bet! In fact, I am going to purchase the rain fly and head up north for some moose watching this fall.
on September 6, 2006
Very pleased with this product. I'm 6'1" and 295lbs. and have plenty of comfortable room. Setup and takedown are simple, lower legs and fold open. There are two folded rods that slide easily through sleeves on top to bow the roof for head room. I didn't give it a 5 because there is a gap between the nylon bed and the pad on the bottom where the 2 sides fold up. These have to be there so it can fold without streching the cot. This gap had me streching the pad. I have cut two small pieces of luan plywood that slip between the pad and nylon cot, and store there. I slide them over the gap when setup. This makes it perfect.
on April 28, 2008
I just used my oversize Tent Cot for the first time and it performed beautifully. The first night, it rained for almost four hours and stayed bone dry with the rain fly on. On the second night, temperatures dipped down into the mid-40s and I stayed very warm with minimal cover. On the third night, it was in the mid-50s and I was so warm I didn't cover up with anything. When I woke up, it was about 60 degrees outside and I was sweating inside the tent cot since I had all of the doors shut.

I'm a big guy and slept great every night. I did add a 1.5 inch thick self-inflating sleeping pad, which I think is a must in order to get a good night's rest. The pre-installed pad is just too hard for my liking.

With all doors closed, the tent does not breathe very well, so condensation does occur on the inside on cool and cold nights. A couple hours with the doors rolled up takes care of this, though.

This was also the talk of camp. Everyone thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen. A number of people said they would be purchasing one before our next trip in December.

I was very pleased with my first use of the oversize Tent Cot. It exceeded my expectations in all areas and I would recommend it to anyone that has room to transport it and isn't going to be carrying it far from their vehicle when camping.
on June 1, 2012
The product quality is excellent, but BEWARE. According to Antonette at Kamp-Rite, there are supposedly TWO DIFFERENT product numbers for this tent-cot, one with a rainfly (#DTC 443) and one without (#TC 401). After reading the reviews from previous buyers indicating they had a rainfly included, I went ahead and purchased. FogDog did NOT list an item number.

Lo and behold, no rainfly.

Contacted FogDog, they refer you to Kamp-Rite. Contact Kamp-Rite and they tell you too bad, you bought the wrong one. You need to buy the fly from FogDog for another $30 + shipping + tax.

Complete BS. NO tent is ever sold without its matching rainfly!

I suggest NOT doing business with this vendor. I'd buy from Vermont Army-Navy instead, they're less expensive anyway. You just have to time it so they have it in stock.
on June 9, 2013
i love to camp and this is the fastest easiest tent ive put up to date. i used it last year and this and have had no problem. i did put a 5 inch foam pad in just for superior comfort but this has all the room ill ever need. its great if you want to camp on a whim and dont want a lot of setup time
on April 6, 2008
Easy to put up
Sturdy frame
good quality fabric and netting
heavy duty zippers
nice color
on March 6, 2010
I had been wanting one of these for some time, when mine arrived I was pleased with the over all product. I use an expedition thermarest pad and it's very comfortable. I set it up the first time with no instructions. yeah it's that simple and fast.

At 6'4" I fit well inside, get something else if your any taller.

I will be buying two more for my kids.

Make sure that you air the new cot out before you sleep in it,the "new cot smell" is very toxic.

There's no reason to buy the extra rain fly or case, they come with the cot.

Hope this helps
Mike
on August 16, 2006
A friend of mine has one of these, except it's the smaller one. I don't know how this will hold up yet, but it appears to be well made. I work on forest fires and usually sleep in the bed of my truck on a thermorest mattress. This cot has a 3/8" pad on the cot and it is really comfortable. The tent itself is supposedly water resistant and appears that it would shed all but a downpour, but I bought the rainfly also. It has great ventilation, with doors or windows on all four sides lined with netting. It's roomy for one and is long enough for a person probably 6'2" or so tall.