- Product Dimensions: 3 x 0.7 x 2 inches ; 1.3 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 ounces
- ASIN: B0036UU40C
- Item model number: KA1A-B
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Average Customer Review: 391 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 2, 2010
Kandle by Ozeri LED Book Light for the Amazon Kindle (1st and latest generation), and other eBook readers - in Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- New patent-pending "WideLip" grip that does not block the screen on the Kindle, Sony Reader and other eBook readers.
- Newly updated in Dec 2010 with increased brightness, the Kandle by Ozeri is powered by two lifetime X2 LEDs optimized to distribute uniform light without creating glare or eyestrain (batteries included).
- Double pivoting arms allows for easy positioning and adjustment for tailored screen illumination.
- Ships with 2 CR2032 batteries installed, a bonus set of extra batteries, and a protective pouch included.
- Exclusively warrantied by Ozeri to original purchaser. There are no factory authorized resellers.
There is a newer version of this item:
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
- Very lightweight (partly because of the button batteries).
- Compact, stores nicely.
- Great for a bare Kindle - fits perfectly on the top edge and provides adequate illumination for the screen.
- Substantial falloff of light on the bottom half of the Kindle. Sufficient for reading, but a noticeable difference in intensity and could be a strain on old or tired eyes; really noticeable when clipped to a cover.
- Won't work (very well) on a Kindle with a cover that uses straps. I have several M-Edge covers currently, and all are too thick to attach the clip with any stability over cover and Kindle together. Clipping on the folded back puts it too far away to adequately illuminate even the top half of the screen, and clipping it on the Kindle directly between the cover and Kindle stretches the straps and risks damaging the rear skin if your Kindle has one. It does work on Kindle covers with the Amazon-type covers with just the metal spine clips (and no straps), but I avoid those because of potential damage to the Kindle frame (and you should too). Have an Oberon cover coming*, so could be better suited to this design - we shall see; I expect any cover thick enough to protect the Kindle would be too thick to use this light.
- Don't have one, so this is a guess, but based on the K2 results I would think would be marginally (if that ) adequate for a DX - just too much difference in light at the bottom of the screen.Read more ›
|Length: 2:06 Mins|
Anyway, great product!
This little light is just about the best thing since sliced bread (so far as book lights go). It is not heavy, it provides plenty of light.
If you seem to have an issue with the bottom of the page/reader screen being a little shadowy, experiment--I personally clamp it to the right side of my Sony PRS-900bc (don't clamp the cover with it) and it works great. It lights to entire screen and would probably do the same for a book page.
I tried some of the "snake" lights and such, none of them work like this one does (even though some of those are quality products also).
Ozeri/Kandle (whomever)designed this very well. It has gripping pads to help it not slip, the light can be positioned just about any way that it would be usable on the page.
If you are looking for a good booklight, this is it; particularly for my eReader.
Packaging was secure and shipping was quite fast for the standard shipping selection.
I really don't think you can go wrong here folks, just remember that it is a piece of electronic equipment and they do occasionally malfunction--if you have never had this happen I would like to know your secret.
P.S. my light came with two sets of batteries, one installed and one set in a little plastic bag.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Product fits good and doesn't move about but who's crazy idea was it to use 2 LEDs, with no diffusion on either the LEDs or the cover over them, this leads to very uneven light. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome product first of all. The biggest pro is the light weight: kindle is great because of the lightweight compared to other products --adding extra lbs like other light systems... Read morePublished 1 month ago by H-Boston
This is a fantastic product and actually fits over the case we bought that covers the Kindle. The product was also delivered in a timely fashion and is a perfect compliment to the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jason Williams
This light is nice and bright and is easy to use. It comes with back up batteries and even a little screwdriver.Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Dietsch
Very well put together LED Light that fits well on the Kindle Keyboard, in the past I would always find another light to carry with while camping in order to read at night, but... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Steven Ballee
Love it!! Small compact but bright enough without hurting your eyes. I'm buying these as gifts for all the family members who have a kindle.Published 2 months ago by Sarlou
It's the best book light I've ever had, wide enough to light up the whole screen of my Kindle. Nice bright light that won't bother anyone else nearby. Read morePublished 2 months ago by dragonlady