- Product Dimensions: 3 x 0.7 x 2 inches ; 1.3 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- ASIN: B0031116K8
- Item model number: KA1A
- Average Customer Review: 648 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 16, 2009
Kandle by Ozeri LED Book Light in White -- Designed for the Amazon Kindle (1st and latest generation), Sony Reader and other eBook readers.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- New patent-pending "WideLip" grip that does not block the screen on the Kindle, Sony Reader and other eBook readers.
- Newly updated in December 2010 with increased brightness, Kandle by Ozeri is powered by two lifetime X2 LEDs optimized to distribute uniform light without creating glare or eyestrain (batteries included).
- Double pivoting arms allows for easy positioning and adjustment for tailored screen illumination.
- Exclusively warrantied by Ozeri to original purchaser. There are no factory authorized resellers.
- Ships with 2 CR2032 batteries installed, a bonus set of batteries, and a protective pouch included. Warrantied by Ozeri to original purchaser only.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:25 Mins|
Enter the Kandle. Now I can read in bed (my favorite place in the house) with barely any light spilling over onto my wife's eyelids. The bedside lamp stays dark. No more threats against the Kindle or me.
Suggestion: Clip the Kandle to the side of the DX to illuminate its larger screen. (The bottom of the page is a tad dark if the Kandle is placed along the top of the DX.)
The clip is good. It will fit on the kindle and is versatile enough that even with a cover will either fit over both or slip between the cover and kindle. I'm a little worried about how durable the "spring clip" is. It's a clothes pin design.
Mine did come with batteries installed, but no extra batteries...as many people have mentioned that they received. It takes two 3V CR2032 batteries. Pamphlet says they last 25 hours. I did look up and Amazon sells 25 for $5.81, so not bad. However, to change the batteries you have to have one of those tiny philips head screw drivers to open and close the battery compartment.
Also, I have the smaller kindle. It does not have hot spots nor areas it doesn't cover, but there are certainly areas that are darker than others. It makes me wonder how it would do on the DX.
I know that I've pointed out the negatives, but there are many things that I like. They've been pretty well covered in the 5 stars, but one thing I do like is that when you close it up, it is sturdy. I would feel comfortable just sticking it in my pocket and it being comfortable that it wouldn't get damaged. I think that's a huge plus.
*Lightweight and compact (if you have a lot of electronic gadgets, cables, and chargers to always pack, this makes a huge difference)
*Flat and rectangular clip-on (easy to fit in a jacket pocket or flat zip-case, unlike traditional, bulky desk lamp designs)
*Cordless (no long neck to stuff or tangle in my bags)
*Adjustable lighting angles (There are many ways to illuminate the entire reading area to achieve the desired lighting intensity and also minimize impact on people next to you, whether you're in bed or on the plane)
The kandle is very versatile and portable and will work great with clipboards, magazines, and laptop screens as well.
Well worth the investment!
|Length: 2:09 Mins|
This one actually stays on Kindle alot better than the mighty Bright. And its surprisingly small. I would definatley recommend this to all Kindle users!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Perfect while reading books at the back of a dark van. I get looks from my mother telling me to stop reading at dark places but I show her this. HehPublished 13 months ago by Rhonda Clark
This light fits my older generation Kindle. I like to read in bed and this light is perfect. They also give you a set of replacement batteries which is really nice to have.Published 14 months ago by Animal Lover
Exactly as promised. I use it every night on my older Kindle. Just enough light to read and not bother my wife. Love it.Published 15 months ago by Ralph C. Horstmann Jr.