Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 458 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 480 reviews
on May 29, 2015
Worth the price! 5 star cuz I dropped it On the first day and no dent at all haha I need a life proof bottle and this one fits the bill. I also love that it is a "green" company. Simple, solid design thats looks like its been built for years of use. Also, I should mention that its skinny enough to fit in virtually any cupholder.
review image
on July 26, 2016
This is my forth Klean Kanteen... My other bottles are 40oz and are slightly to big for my car's drink holder. Meaning I have to put them on the other seat and they leak a little.

I was looking for something that was smaller, but still a good enough size to help me stay hydrated. I try to drink 100oz of water a day, and that is not an easy task if you don't have a water bottle with you at all times.

I love the bamboo top for looks, but it also is wide enough that you end up drinking more than you would with the sports cap (which I also purchased, just in case.). No other water bottle looks even close to as beautiful as this one does. People always ask me about it.

Klean Kanteen is truly the best brand for stainless steal water bottles. They leave no after taste, which cheaper brands do. They wash very easy too. Best of all since this is non-insulated it can be used to boil water, in a pinch while camping.
on May 30, 2014
So, this is the best water bottle I've ever owned. I've really gotten rid of most of mine in favor of this guy. I'm picky about the way things I carry or use daily feel. I like to know/feel that everything is there but finding items that aren't difficult to handle or deal with if I'm not always in need of it can be tricky. I want my pocket knife to feel natural in my hand, be soft to carry, all while being a invaluable workhouse I can use/carry/depend on daily without question. It's an odd feeling to explain but when I find something that fits I know it immediately.

I bought two of these, one I keep on my nightstand & one I take out with me. They are light but very sturdy. Simple, clean, straight forward design that doesn't leak. The bamboo cap, while really just being a aesthetic feature, does seem like a natural material match to the stainless steel. I know it's just a water bottle & I'm drooling over it but everything about it just feels right. It's been out of the country with me, dropped on the ground, tossed on the beach, bounced of my backpack pocket, left in places I probably should not have left it, & it still looks new.

So onto more important parts. This is not the best bottle (look at the insulated one) for hot or cold drinks. Loses temp really quick & can get awful hot to hold sometimes. However, in my car, my cup holder rests in front of an ac vent. With cold air the bottle does cool my drink rather quick. Nice unexpected feature. Overall, this really is the best simple water bottle out there that does what it is supposed to without being plastic, bad for your drink, or bad environmentally (except for the old bottles I will no longer use & probably throw out). While it's a little pricey it will be worth it if you're like me & know that unless I lose it I'll have these for a really really long time.
on July 9, 2017
This is my fourth Klean Kanteen bottle. Not because there is anything wrong with the others, but because I love having a variety of shapes and sizes. These hold up so well. I'm still using my original, which is well over 8 years old at this point! These are the only stainless steel bottles I'll ever buy. Love the style, the function, the durability. I've never had any issues, and just love using them daily. This one, in particular, I love due to the stainless steel cap. I was skeptical about it not leaking, to be honest. But, I've already had it upside down in my bag, rolling around in the car, and no issues whatsoever. Five stars, would buy again (and again and again and again).
on May 27, 2016
I own a Saddleback leather messenger bag and had been looking for a canteen that was practical and aesthetically pleasing. After purchasing my first Klean Kanteen locally, I was impressed by the simple design and high quality of the Canteen. There are no sharp corners, scratches, or any points where the Canteen might snag. Be careful while ordering though as there are two types of finishes of the stainless steel (brushed or mirror finish). The canteen opens easily, is easily to fill, easy to drink from and easy to clean. The bamboo top needs to be treated w/oil once in a while if you live in a dry and hot environment, like the AZ desert. Or, replace the top w/a stainless steel one that you can by on Amazon as well. Quality of manufacturing of the Canteen is very good as you won't be able to see the weld from the outside while it is clear where it is on the inside. The canteen will sweat if you put cold water in it. It won't hold temperature much as it is not vacuum pumped and frankly, that is not the purpose of the canteen. It excels however in storage of liquids and durability. Plus, it looks very nice as you can see in the pic. Ordering from Amazon saved me an easy 8 bucks and I paid no shipping (w/Prime). I wish I would have done for the first one.
on November 2, 2013
I bought this bottle for the cool, modern design. I bought it in brushed nickel because I was worried the mirror finish would scratch really easily and it pretty much looks like any other aluminum bottle out there except for the cool bamboo lid. It is a good size for everyday use and I have no problems with the noise of the lid. I probably won't be using this for my movie theater wine decanter for that reason. You might not want to use it if you're hiding under the bed from a killer in a horror movie but besides that the noise is really not that loud.

Overall it is a great bottle but if you can get a standard Kleen Kanteen for much cheaper, I would do it unless you're getting the mirror finish. I also got my from Amazon Warehouse deals at a good discount and it's in great condition.
on February 6, 2013
Cons:
-The metal-on-metal sound when opening and closing really is noticeable. It does not bother me, but if you are in a classroom, library, meeting, or near people who are sleeping, there is a chance it will be too loud.
-I was loving its look until about a month in, when I dropped it from 4 feet up onto a sidewalk. It made two small dented regions (each ~1 mm deep with area ~1 cm^2) that are peppered with small nicks, which from up close spoils its otherwise pristine looks. From 3 ft away it's not as noticeable.
-Also, after about 6 months of constant use, the metal ring has popped off the cap a couple of times, but I got it back in pretty easily by hand. There are also a couple dents now on the bamboo of the lid.

Pros:
The seal is always airtight when closed. I think I read that for other bottles that the silicone gasket can pop out, but that has never happened for me. It's not clear from the pictures, but the handle on the lid can move. I really like that the entire interior is stainless steel (as opposed to many with plastic lids, which defeats the entire purpose). I figure it's the safest material, except glass, until we figure out biochemistry well enough to know which plastics are truly safe.

I've had it for about six months now and FYI I've only ever used it it for water at room temperature. Overall I'm still content with it.
on February 8, 2016
I use this all day long at work. In fact, I forgot to bring it home. It's sitting on my desk right now. What I like about it is that it doesn't leech any weird taste into the water like the plastic cups that sit on the water coolers. It also has a clean, attractive look to it that I enjoy. I haven't noticed any scarring or scratches, but I've been doing pretty well with not dropping it or banging it against anything. It sits in a mesh side pocket on my North Face backpack during my commute to and from work on the subway in NYC. I would recommend this to anyone as a straight-up canteen for water. It doesn't retain the liquid's temperature at all. The moment you put cold water in it, you can feel it through the metal, but it's not a thermos. So, go in with the right expectation and you won't be disappointed.
on February 21, 2016
Beautiful bottle, useful too. I'm giving it a 4 star since it DOES have it's flaws, but I would really have loved to be able to smack a 5 star rating on it just because I personally love it (you can hardly find me without it really). It looks very nice, and is just the right size, the opening to the bottle is perfect to drink from and for putting ice cubes inside. As far as the negatives go the mirrored steel does gather some fingerprints but unless you're particular about that like I am it's not a flaw per-say, but I wish I had known about it before purchase so I'm gonna throw that in there. Like other people are saying- since it's not insulated- it gets very cold if you wish to use it for iced water. Along those lines I would not recommend putting in any hot liquid into here that you wouldn't want touching your skin directly since the heat transfers as well (a lot more than I thought it would).
on January 13, 2016
This is one of my fave bottles. However, the lip (outer rim) you put your mouth on is always exposed to the outside and whatever it is put inside of (purse, backpack, etc). It can lead to the rim getting dirty and your mouth makes contact with that. I find that the design of similar bottles is like this. It's a small price to pay, but there are many other bottles out there whose outer rim, where your lips would touch, does not have contact with the contents of your purse. It's a small price to pay for such a good bottle, but obviously can be a big deal for people who are germ freaks or put their bottles inside backpacks or purses. I find that wrapping a cloth around the head with perhaps a hair elastic can help prevent that problem.