Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Wanted to like these, the price was right and the style was right but in the end I had to return them. The reason for the return is a very obvious offset of the string ties from the center of the swimsuit. I have included a photo of this with the review but even the product photo itself (at least in grey) shows an offset. My pair appear to be worse than the one in the product photo. This really made an other wise good looking swimsuit, look bad.
As far as size goes, I'm 6' tall, wear a size 36 waist pant, ordered the large and it fit just slightly snug in the waist but not uncomfortably. The leg openings in the liner seemed to fit pretty tight however and I have skinny legs.
For the price, if you can get past the offset ties and don't mind the suit lining fitting a little snug around the legs, these might be a good purchase but for me, I had to return them.
review image
9 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on April 15, 2016
Awful.
Just plain awful.
They sent something made by J.J. K. Feng, in China, when I ordered a Kanu Surf Barracuda Trunk.
It is some sort of garment made with a fabric that retains water, no liner, clearly not a fabric that is suitable for swimming.
Basically, they sent a lightweight short sweat-pants fabric that is no way resembles the product as pictured and described on Amazon..
No stitching, the tie string is wrong, NO side pocket, fabric is not as depicted, everything is wrong.
Even Ray Charles can see they sent some cheap garment they basically threw in the mail.
Not a quality product, not even a fair product. A truly horrible product.
review image
30 people found this helpful
on May 11, 2013
Kanu Barracuda Board Shorts

My waist size is about 32"-33", and the Medium shorts fit me perfectly. There are 2 velcro closure pockets on the side, with 2 hip pockets that use the mesh liner material to hold your items. There's also a smaller mesh pouch on the inside for keys and other small objects. There is no zippered/buttoned fly, it's actually a false fly which was disappointing.

Overall: 5/5 stars, every pair of board shorts or swimming trunks with similar features I found locally were twice the price. These Kanu shorts are a great value.
2 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2014
Based on some erroneous reviews that stated these trunks run small, that is incorrect. I am a male, 5'11, 200 pounds with 35 inch waist & the X-large is way too big. The legs reach down to the knees and pants legs are way too billowy. I recommend ordering the correct size or even one size smaller. The trunks itself is made in Bengladesh and is 100% polyester. The fabric is very soft, almost suede like. The tag states $26.50 so Amazon price is very good.
on June 5, 2016
These trunks fit very well, I wear a 38 and the XL fit nicely. They also look nice, have ample pocket space and have kept their appearance for 1.5 swimming seasons. The reason I am giving them three stars is that I am constantly having to stuff the mesh pockets back in. I have to do it while I am swimming with the kids and before I get out of the water. If anyone has a fix for this problem that doesn't involve pockets full of rocks I could use the knowledge. I am shopping for another pair of trunks and Kanu probably won't be in the search.
6 people found this helpful
on June 11, 2014
Finally, something that fits as it says for men's bathing suits. Looking forward to getting an extra just because I want this to be the only trunks I have to look for. But...no drain holes! Should have checked with other reviews that said the same. Pockets balloon out after juming in water. Look good, fit great but not really good for it's intended activity.
on December 1, 2015
As others have mentioned the cargo pockets lack a draining mechanism; this didn't prove to be a problem. I did notice that the lining/netting was a little smaller/tighter than desired, despite the trunks filling perfectly. The lining/net fabric was a little scratchy and irritating when sitting or lying down for extended periods of time. The fabric COULD be softer/smoother.

If you're looking for a unique trunks get something else. I noticed people all over the beach wearing the exact same ones (didn't bother me).
on September 6, 2012
The swimming trunks are of decent quality and the fitting is perfect (my waist is 33" and the "medium size" fits perfectly). The only reason I am deducting a star is that the stitching in one or two spots nears the waist (on the inside top of the pant) is a bit sloppy - not a big deal at all but a sign that quality control needs to be tightened.
on March 7, 2015
I received the Kanu Surf Men's Barracuda Trunks in Charcoal. I have a size 36 waist and the Large fit perfectly. I had another pair last year in Lake Blue, which is an awesome color. A few things to note that might be helpful for those ordering or thinking about ordering. The material is a little stiff and hard feeling at first. After a few wearings, the material gets much softer and wears on the body much better. The mesh netting is a perfect fit, and it is also a little rough for the first couple of wearings. Luckily this gets much better as well. The one string drawstring that goes all the way around was the seller for me. This are simple to put on, take off, and can easily be adjusted to the activity, such as water tubing, water slides, etc. where you want them to be very secure. The elastic band is sized perfectly and keeps everything adjusted nicely without cutting into your skin. As many people have noted, the only negative for this swim trunk is the lack of a grommet in the two side pockets. The water does not drain out of the pockets quickly enough as you exit the water, so each pocket has to be pressed to drain the water in a timely manner. The color also stays true, even after a year's use of going to the pool almost every day.

Overall for the price, these swimming trunks are a winner.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I am 6 2 195 and the xl fit a little loose and just below the knee . Yes pockets drain slow but they do drain and they are comfortable as well as in style now . They do not dry the fastest but are not bad . They look nice blue was on sale for $12 so check all the colors if price is important you might find a deal . These will work very well in any situation and have a very conservative family cut . Thinking out loud the pockets have bellows to open up about a inch would pricking them with a pin help them drain ? I wouldn't want to make any larger hole without a small grommet . These look great with a pocket t and tennis shoes and will dry on you within a hour on a warm sunny day at the lake . Just wish someone made a waterproof wallet pocket in a suit . The Velcro on these pockets is a little too small to feel confident keys will stay in them so hide them under the towel when swimming . Or you may want to add on both sides of the current small strip so the pocket really seals down . They are nice pockets but ride at the knee on me .
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.