Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on November 6, 2012
Bigger than expected from the product images. Better than the 2 Wacom Graphire's (1 and 3)I have owned as both failed due to faulty USB cables/lousy mouse etc. Needless to say, as portable as these appear to be, this one is staying on my desk. Sturdy build and good cable. For me, the pen feels better than the 2 Wacoms I owned (granted they weren't Intuos or anything) and the button is easier to use though it seems no different in placement than the wacoms. Maybe the size/ergonomics are better suited to my hand. Very responsive with little lag, followed the directions and the install was painless with no issues (64bit Vista on a Gateway FX laptop). Stays in place on my wood desktop where others have slid with some wrist movements, and the surface feels nice (I'm using the supplied skin that came with it. Carefully install the battery as that appears to be the best chance for breakage on this product (I anticipated this from reviews on similar products). Haven't used the hotkeys or hotspots yet as I really never do use them. If I experience any early failure like my Graphire's which both shorted out (1 the pen broke also in 2 years). For the price per performance, I'm not blowing $2-300 on product lines that have not impressed me, so this fits the bill. Seems aimed at sketching and handwriting, but has worked excellent for image manipulation/retouching in photoshop as well as painting effects on images. Nice product - great price.
on February 4, 2013
My dad ordered this for me almost a year ago and so far nothing bad has happened. I actually wanted to wait a long while so that you get an idea of having it long term. Now I am still relatively 'new' to drawing with a tablet, and what I mean by new is that I have no had all that many tablets. I have a really hard time spending $100+ on really anything, but with such a low price as this, you definitely take chances on the quality. And I must say, I'm glad I took the chance on getting this. It is AMAZING for me. The size is slightly bigger than my others, but it's only because of the hotkeys, which I am also a big fan of. The fact that you can program them is a big plus. Quality is nice a sturdy, not flimsy or cheap feeling
Now the pros and cons;
PROS:
- like I said earlier, the tablet itself is solid and (unintentionally) it has been knocked off my lap or my desk more than a few times so I like to think it's built nicely and is going to last a bit longer ;)
- Hotkeys are programmable and can perform the little things, such as undoing a mistake while drawing or even zooming in on a picture. Also the hotspots (they are on the active area on the tablet at the top) those are really convenient because I listen to music and can easily change the volume or track by pressing on them.
- It's really pretty. And while that isn't a major objective when buying, it is kind of like a little bonus. You do have to put the nature screen on (it comes with a plain clear with gray border on it). But that's no problem :D
- The pressure sensitivity is just... AHHH wonderful. I use PaintTool Sai, and it works perfectly with the program. Can create thin to thick lines easily without having to put too much pressure on it.
- The pen is thin and fits well in my hand. I have held a wacom pen before (my friend has one so I tried it out) and their pen is more like a highlighter. Not bad for some people, I just like this one more :) It also has little buttons on the side and that is handy also.
CONS:
- The tablet's pressure sensitivity doesn't work on some programs, such as the free GIMP. This may not be a con exactly but when you are able to change the thickness of lines, you feel kind of sad when you can't anymore.
- When i first received the tablet, I had another computer. When I was installing the software and I was having trouble with it, but it was solved after I looked up my problem it was solved easily. I think it was that I had to check off something on the desktop. I don't remember now, but it was a year ago.
- I tend to lose the pen easily. I wish that they had put some kind of holder on the tablet so it wouldn't disappear sometimes lol
Also I believe the pen can be easily broken when replacing the battery. Once inside it'll hold but the metal that holds to battery in place can bend without much effort.
~~ So all in all I have had wonderful luck with this tablet and have been able to create hundreds of pictures. I am really happy with my purchase and would suggest getting this if you do not want to spend hundreds on one :D
on February 5, 2014
I guess that's normal, but I bought it to take with me to different computers. Some of them are public or shared, so I can't install any software on them. I assumed that it was plug and play. I guess my fault for not doing more research.
on November 9, 2012
My husbands kanvus 106 was stolen a couple weeks ago so i bought him this as a temp for work, and he loves it! The eight hot keys extra as well as the standard thirteen is wonderful too, as the 106 only had the thirteen. The touch sensitivity is awesome aswell! All in all it truly is a great product and is just as awesome as the more pricey version.
on June 13, 2013
I love it, better than wacom intuos4 in my opinion. This makes wonder why I bought Wacom intuos4, which was so much expensive. This is exactly what I want. Love it, also love the price. Definitely want to purchase next time. Love it! Best item for this price!!
on March 30, 2013
bought this tablet for $25, excellent for a new user like me
the internal metal part for holding the battery in the pen is kind of delicate, but it is very responsive and works well with programs like paint tool sai, gimp, and photoshop
on January 25, 2014
This is my first graphics tablet, so I don't know how it compares to more expensive tablets. I love it when it works; it senses the stylus at various angles, and it's precise enough for sketching (though a little wobbly at times), and you can choose which section of the tablet you want to be active. I had no problems installing the driver on my Windows 7.
Unfortunately, a lot of the time, it either doesn't pick up on the stylus or picks up only the stylus's vertical position, and the cursor just wobbles around going up and down on one part of the screen when I move the stylus around the whole tablet. There is very little troubleshooting information in the instructions manual or on the website, so I don't know how to fix this problem!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.