Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 20, 2016
This power adapter kit works perfectly for powering my Canon Rebel T5. This kit includes an AC adapter, a plug that connects the adapter to the wall, and a fake battery that you plug the adapter into and insert into the battery compartment of the camera. It’s silly that Canon doesn’t use a standard plug for a power adapter, and instead makes you use a fake battery like this, but this adapter works the exact same way that the official Canon one does for a fraction of the price. This arrangement means that it’s tough to swap a battery for this adapter (or vice versa) while it is on a tripod, but that’s true of any power adapter solution for this camera.

The Kapaxen power adapter doesn't make any sort of whining noise like the cheaper power supply I bought from Neewer did, so it’s perfect for video or surveillance use. It fit into my camera perfectly once I opened the little rubber flap on the camera near the battery door to let the cord pass through.

It may feel a little cheap and lightweight, and installing it while on a tripod may be annoying, but it gets the job done!
on September 2, 2016
Used to power a Canon T3 inside of a photobooth enclosure. I had zero trouble plugging everything in and keeping the camera going. The setup was left on overnight at a wedding and was able to take 800+ pictures and stay on for 12 hours (forgot to shut it down) with zero issues. Performed exactly as needed.

The battery part was a direct fit for the camera battery compartment there is a rubber cutout already designed into the camera that the cord will fit into. All plugs were stable and had no faulty connections.
on March 14, 2018
We’re using these to keep our cameras powered while shooting stop motion animations. They’re awesome. One of the nine I purchased popped apart and had to be crazy glued back together (the portion that replaces the battery and goes inside the camera). I probably could have returned it, but it was faster to reglue it.
on December 11, 2015
Use this for my new Canon EOS Rebel T5 and was really happy with how fast the product showed up, how it was packaged as well as the fact that it was WAY less expensive than what the Canon website was going to charge me for pretty much the same exact thing. I've used it for a couple days now and yeah, works like a champ. Very pleased. Also, it was really quite simple to set up and get it working with my camera.
on July 17, 2014
This product works perfectly well with my canon as indicated in the write-up on the product. I would state that there were no directions which came with the product with how to assemble the cord/adapter however it is rather simple. This is a reasonable price for an item that makes it possible to use the Canon in video mode for a lengthy period of time without the concern of the battery wearing out. I highly recommend this product. The key to operating the adapter is to make sure you plug it into the item shown that looks like the battery and then slip it into the camera where you would normally have the battery. There is a small piece of rubber on the camera that adjusts to allow the cord to hang out of the battery container opening. The latch must be securely closed otherwise the camera will not turn on. It is not complicated but until you have figured it out it might seem so. I would say that the cord is not especially long so you might need an extension cord depending on where you are setting up the camera/tripod for use.
on July 7, 2014
Works well, but the adapter piece that goes in the camera is a little touchy and disconnects from the terminals easily. An easy enough fix to get some thin foam (even a folded up piece of paper worked for a temporary measure) but it did cause some trouble until I figured out what the problem was.
on December 19, 2017
Such a short cord. Only works for indoors where there is no need to move around much.
on October 1, 2013
I haven't had any issues with disconnection that some people had. I use it for animation. In animating you can't take the camera off the stand to replace the battery or it will shift slightly. This thing is odd as it plugs into a little battery thing that goes where the battery goes, even though the canon rebel has a port for a cord. I'm not sure I understand this, but it was way cheaper than the canon official adapter so I'm happy.
on June 7, 2017
Have been using this a couple times a week for about 4 months now, and it works great! Much easier than recharging batteries all the time. Power brick gets a little warm, but not enough to cause problems. I would recommend it to friends, and will be buying another one if I ever need to.
on February 22, 2018
works perfect for keeping my camera going on super long shoots