- Series: Kaplan Test Prep
- Paperback: 1116 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Pap/DVD edition (June 3, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1618656651
- ISBN-13: 978-1618656650
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.8 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 133 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #108,299 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Kaplan GMAT Premier 2015 with 6 Practice Tests: Book + DVD + Online + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep) Pap/DVD Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
More to Explore
Kaplan's GMAT Premier 2015 is a comprehensive prep system that includes both book and mobile-enabled online components. Get access to in-depth strategies, test information, and practice questions to help you score higher on the GMAT.
Kaplan's GMAT Premier 2015 contains 1,200+ total practice questions with detailed explanations, covering the Verbal, Quantitative, Analytical Writing, and Integrated Reasoning sections, and strategies for handling all the question types you’ll encounter on Test Day. It also comes with a digital copy of the book and study plans to help you make the most of your time preparing for the GMAT.
Prep with Kaplan and get a higher score on the GMAT -- and an edge in the business school admissions process.
Kaplan's GMAT Premier 2015 features:
- 1,200+ practice questions with detailed explanations
- 6 full-length practice tests (5 realistic Computer Adaptive Tests available online and 1 in the book)
- New! 200-question online Quiz Bank, for customized quiz creation and review of GMAT practice questions
- Mobile-enabled online resources: study anywhere on any device with an internet connection
- Academic support from Kaplan faculty via our Facebook page: facebook.com/KaplanGMAT
- Integrated Reasoning strategies and practice questions
- A digital copy of this book to read online on your computer, tablet or smartphone*
- DVD containing bite-sized video lessons with top Kaplan GMAT faculty
- For test takers who want to break 700—and ace Integrated Reasoning—this is the definitive resource.
Kaplan guarantees that if you study with this book, DVD, and online resources, you will score higher on the GMAT—or you'll receive a full refund (conditions apply).
Questions about what you’re studying?
Ask us on Facebook: facebook.com/KaplanGMAT
Ask us on Twitter: twitter.com/KaplanGMATPrep
*electronic devices not included
About the Author
Celebrating 75+ years as the world leader in the test prep industry, Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 90 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services.
Questions about what you’re studying?
Ask us on Facebook®: facebook.com/KaplanGMAT
Ask us on Twitter: twitter.com/KaplanGMATPrep
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
~~~ THE GOOD: ~~~
* Quite a few practice questions
* Solid material with proven Math and Verbal strategies as well as formulas/etc background
* 49 pages covering Integrated Reasoning
* 6 Full GMAT Tests (5 are in adaptive CAT format on the online and 1 is in a paper format in the book)
* Online practice with additional exercises and quizzes - 18 online drills
* Much of general info on gmat has been moved into online video format, called Fast Fact Videos; that helps with learning when you have had too much reading for the day
* Great value for the money with 6 Full GMAT tests, practice questions, and many online Quizzes
* Good amount of coverage for the INTEGRATED REASONING.
~~~ THE BAD: ~~~
* Errors - I have spotted a few typos and issues with explanations; I suspect there may be quite a few more
* Access to the online components expires after 6 months. This is the only reason to buy a new book vs used
* NO CD/DVD - online content only for Tests
* Does not have the depth and width a 700+ score requires
* 1,100 Pages and 6 LBS! - not a travel size book
~~~ OTHER STUDY OPTIONS & BOOKS ~~~
Many applicants, bypass Kaplan Premier completely and head straight for the more specialized books such as the Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fourth Edition OR Complete GMAT Course Set - 15 Book. These book sets come with 8-15 books that are targeting specific Math and Verbal areas. You have a much better chance getting a 700+ with those book sets (not guaranteed) but they also do require at least 2.5-3 months to cover them. The MGMAT Books come with 6 adaptive online tests. Veritas Prep books come with tests as well BUT only if you purchase from their website (Ugh) Finally, a book you should also now about is the The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition (more on that is below)
~~~ SOME OTHER THOUGHTS: ~~~
* What is a good study plan using Kaplan Premier?
My recommendation would be to start with this book, finish it in about a month or so (by this time you will learn all the basics about the test, how it works, what is tested, and general strategies for answering questions). Then, you an figure out what's the best use of your time - you may have reached your target score and can stop or perhaps you are really lacking in Quant or Verbal and need a lot more serious practice.
* Will this book give me 700+ score?
For the majority of applicants, No. It is not deep enough for most people out of college to refresh the math and verbal fundamentals. You will most likely need other books to help you get there.
* How do I get 700 then?
There are several options:
1. Review each section separately using the Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook and Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook
2. Thorough/Methodical review of each area - If you have a bit more time, grab the Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fifth Edition OR Complete GMAT Course Set by Veritas - 15 Book. These books are excellent and are actually used in the classroom setting for their classes, so you are definitely get the top books. If you dont need/want the entire collection, see my review for what stand-alone books to get. This plan is likely to get you a higher score with this section but it will also take up more time (about a month more). Decide on the approach based on your starting position, target score, time you have, and willingness to study math and grammar for months without a break.
* Any other books I need to know about?
YES. There is one - The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition. This book is published by the creators of GMAT and contains real GMAT questions. You should also download the Official GMAT Prep software from GMAC's website (it's free).
* What if I have trouble getting through this book? Where can I find help?
There are several books that can help you get up to speed with quant and grammar:
1. For Quantitative section: Manhattan GMAT Foundations of GMAT Math
2. For Verbal Section: Foundations of GMAT Verbal by Manhattan GMAT
Let me know if you have any questions about the book - I reply to comments!
BB, GMAT 750 (q49, v42)
I have been out of college for nearly 20 years but decided to go back for my MBA. I took a practice test online to gauge where I was at and learned that my math skills were sorely out of date. After using this book and the online resources that come with it I was able to increase my math score substantially. In addition, the book helped me fine tune my verbal section scores and gave me the tips I needed to get a top score on my essay (in fact as far as the essay was concerned I literally spent less than a hour reviewing the tips in this book and then used their 'formula' to write my essay and got a top score).
This book helped me get into the mid 600's and thus get into my preferred MBA program.
What it will NOT do:
1) you must have time to study. I put in about 50 hours of study over 2 months. That included going through this book and online again and again. I made flashcards, etc. Because I had been so long out of school I needed the extra work.
2) It will give you the basic math concepts and lots of chances to practice but there were some things I still needed help with. Some of the geometry was beyond me even after this book
3) As good as the book is I think more help is needed with the math Data Sufficiency tips - you can know the correct answer but with Data Sufficiency questions still get it wrong. Even with their tips I would suggest you focus on this more
BOTTOM LINE - in spite of my beefs, this book exceeded my expectations (esp with the online materials). As I said it helped me get into my chosen MBA program. If you need to take the GMAT and want help you cant beat the value of the lessons you'll get from this book
In my opinion, the book is stronger in the quant section than in verbal. However, I started off very strong in verbal so when I tried to use the Kaplan method my verbal score dropped (so I tried to forget everything I learned from the book and just follow my natural method). I went over the quant chapters twice and I'm very glad that I did, the first time just wasn't enough to re-familiarize myself with the content, learn the tips and tricks, and become familiar enough with the question types that dictate using those skills.
The online portal that comes with the book is helpful. I was able to read chapters online, watch tutorial videos, and take practice quizzes at work over my lunch break. This was a lot easier than lugging the book back and forth between home and work.
Overall, I think the Kaplan book is a good guide for studying for the GMAT and can really help you raise your score.
I'm not going to lie, there will be times where you will hate Kaplan and want to quit but that's honestly because of the GMAT test, not because of this book.
They will break down strategies to tackle the difficult problems here such as the combined work questions. They will also provide tips on how to write a good essay.
The accompanying practice exams are also very good. 6 practice exams plus the Qbank plus all the other practice exams you'll find from the GMAT site, Manhattan's website, Economist, etc. will set you up for success.