BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 12, 2017
Closer to the test date, I decided to give up on Kaplan and used the GRE website's free practice software. It actually did me a lot of good, as I recognized several of the vocabulary words on the actual test. I saw none of Kaplan's words.
on April 3, 2007
The Kaplan Verbal Workbook has a great vocabulary list, often with related words and synonyms in the definition. There's a word root list comparable with other GRE prep books, but the Workbook takes word recognition one step further with its Word Groups (eg audacious, courageous, and dauntless are all degrees of boldness) and Opposite Drills--good strategy for GRE, since GRE doesn't test the exact word definition, but your recognition of the best answer choice.

However, I found the exercises on the actual four types of questions to be different from ETS published exams. The "best" answers were sometimes not as clearly differentiated from the rest of the choices. I prefer to do test simulations with ETS's past exams or from Barron's books.

Despite my doubts on the questions, I would still buy this book again for its stellar vocabulary-building sections.
on December 25, 2012
I bought this book to help prep me for the verbal part of the GRE, which I feared I would do horrible on. I used this book along with the vocabulary cards, and I feel that it greatly prepared me for the test. I really like how this book breaks it down into sections, with practice questions along the way. I ended up scoring very high on the verbal part of the test, and actually did better on it than the math part. I would highly recommend this for anyone prepping for the GRE. I'm sure it can be of great use in prep for the revised GRE also.
on November 5, 2006
I just took my GRE yesterday and I can tell you that every word on the verbal portion (excluding the reading portion, of course) was in this book. The vocabulary building section was the most useful for me. I bought 3 sets of the flash cards - very useful, too. These 2 tools helped me get the verbal score I need to get in to the graduate school of my choice. Just beware that there are some errors in each one of them. Oh, a great companion to these two is the website dictionary.com. Study hard with these and you'll see great result.
on May 23, 2016
Excellent!!!
on July 3, 2015
This book came to me in 2 days as expected.
on April 4, 2015
exactly as listed
on December 28, 2012
Kaplan has a great name in review books, but I gifted to a friend so I'm not sure how they used it, but it was free, so I'm sure it was worth it to them!
on April 17, 2014
Great
on January 12, 2011
The book is good for the test preparation, though this used book has many permanent writings in it. Anyway it is useful. The shipping is fast.