- Series: Kaplan Medical Assistant Exam Review
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Original edition (March 6, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1419550942
- ISBN-13: 978-1419550942
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.8 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (13 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,667,861 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Kaplan Medical Assistant Exam Review Original Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
About the Author
Diann L. Martin is Dean of Nursing and Health Care at Kaplan University. She received her doctorate in nursing science from Rush University in Chicago, Illinois.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I gave this book a terrible rating for several reasons:
1. Page 51 states the abbreviation for microgram is mg., which is the abbreviation for MILLIGRAMS! A MICROGRAM IS 1/1000 OF A MILLIGRAM!!! This is a TRAGIC MISTAKE! If an MA gave a mg instead of a mcg (correct abbreviation for microgram), death would most likely occur!
2. The short, choppy sentence structure is boring and seems to be appropriate for a 5th grader (maybe). Pg 74 describes meningitis as "inflammation of covering over brain," which is junior high level-a more acceptable description: "Inflammation of the meninges; the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord."
3. Review of Body Directions on pg 61 is missing "lateral" and "medial"-not thorough!
4. No color AT ALL throughout the book-it's visually unappealing and dull.
Producing medical textbooks is a big responsibility due to the nature of the material. More care should've been put into the editing of this one. Also, the downgraded sentence structure and style is insulting to the students reading it.
I'm sending this book back to the publisher and informing them of their 1000-fold error and hopefully nobody will die before then.