Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power Pressure Washe..." and save 65% off the $219.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Karcher K3 Follow-Me Electric Power Pressure Washer with 4 Rolling Wheels, 1800 PSI, 1.3 GPM
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cleaner. Quicker.
- 1800 PSI, 1.3 GPM Electric Pressure Washer
- Only four-wheeled electric pressure washer on the market!
- A Family Handyman Editor's Choice
- Vario Power Spray wand – easily adjust spray right from the wand
- Dirtblaster spray wand – tackles the hardest jobs in half the time
- N-COR pump – durable, non-corrosive and maintenance-free
- Onboard detergent tank
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
K3 Follow Me - Key Features
Unique Four Wheel Base
Oversized rear wheels and durable front casters are designed to maneuver over and around most obstacles. Follows use to your next cleaning project.
Vario Power Spray Wand
The adjustable Vario Power Spray wand allows you to easily switch from low to high pressure, and everything between, while you clean. Automatically dispenses detergent when in low pressure mode.
DirtBlaster Spray Wand
For your most stubborn stains, attach the included DirtBlaster Wand. Perfect for cleaning concrete, stone, bricks and other hard surfaces. Not for use on delicate surfaces - those should be cleaned with the Vario Power Spray Wand.
Onboard Detergent Tank
Equipped with an onboard detergent tank for easy soap application. For best results use with Kärcher's biodegradable detergents.
T300 Hard Surface Cleaner
PS40 Power Scrubber
67 Inch Extension Wand
Universal Rotating Wash Brush
Right Angle Wand
Multi-Purpose Detergent, 1-Quart
|Item Descripion||Features an 11" cleaning head, variable pressure dial, and 32" wand extension||Cleans an 11.5" wide path; three integrated spray nozzles||Extends the reach of your pressure washer nozzle by up to 67"||Water pressure-driven rotating brush automatically dispenses detergent. Includes adapters||Right angle permits cleaning of hard to reach areas||Makes up to 5 gallons of ready to use detergent from 1 quart. Biodegradable. Made in USA|
|Cleaning Application||Cleaning patios, driveways, paths, and decks||Cleaning stairs, patios, facades, garages, walls, paths, and driveways||Great for cleaning difficult to reach areas such as second story windows, large vehicles, and gutters||Ideal for use on cars, trucks, SUV's, RV's, boats, pools, patio furniture and more||Great for cleaning car underbodies, car wheel arches, and gutters||Perfect for cleaning outdoor surfaces such as decks, driveways, sidewalks, stone, brick and more|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Item Dimensions||12 x 21.7 x 12.8 in||13.5 x 15.6 x 33.9 in||16.5 x 17.25 x 33 in||16.5 x 14.4 x 33.5 in||18 x 22 x 37 in||9 x 30.8 x 11 in|
|Item Weight||16.3 lbs||31 lbs||20.7 lbs||32 lbs||27.8 lbs||16 lbs|
|Power Source||corded-electric||corded-electric||corded-electric||corded-electric||Corded electric||corded-electric|
Karcher’s 1800 PSI K3 Follow Me pressure washer is designed to “follow you” while you work. Compact and convenient design delivers strong cleaning power for most household jobs. The Vario spray wand allows for quick adjustment between low and high pressure without the need to switch nozzles. For stubborn stains, the patented Dirtblaster spray wand will clean up the toughest chores. Onboard detergent tank included.
Specifications::: Model:K3 Follow Me, Part Number:1.601-990.0, Performance Ratings: 1800 PSI 1.3 GPM, Pump: Karcher N-Cor, Water Inlet: N-Cor Quick Connect, Water Outlet: N-Cor Quick Connect, Trigger Gun: Quick Connect, High Pressure hose: 15ft. Thermoplastic, Included Spray Wands: Vario Power Spray Wand / Dirtblaster Spray Wand, Features: Trigger Gun Holder / Spray Wand Holder / Onboard Detergent Tank, Wheel Size: 89mm (front) + 140mm (rear), Electric Cord: 35ft. with GFCI, Warranty: Two Year Limited Karcher Warranty, Product Weight: 16.3 pounds, Product Dimensions: 21.7 inches x 12 inches x 12.8 inches.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
SUMMARY: (i) this is a power washer on four wheels that follows the user when pulled from its high-pressure hose; (ii) has a relatively low pressure (2340 nominal 'cleaning' units) best suited for residential use and light-duty tasks; (ii) is easy to use when properly assembled as long as its power cord and high-pressure hose are kept untangled; (iv) in cold climates, needs "winterizing" with an antifreeze to protect its seals and valves; (v) so far, I have used the washer in a few occasions, and it has performed light and some medium duties well and without significant problems. The tendency of the power cord to tangle is annoying.
1. Kärcher GmbH is a German company with a North American subsidiary in Colorado. The K3 Follow-Me is made by a Kärcher subsidiary in Changsu, China. It comes with a Quick Start guide and an Owner's Manual. Read the former to assemble the K3, and the latter to operate it. The manual is well illustrated and written in concordant English, Spanish, and French; it has important instructions for first-time use and storage of the device.
2. It has steerable front wheels, each one with twin rollers, and fixed rear wheels. The latter can be mounted by simple hand pressure until they click in place, but the former need a more forceful method since the C-ring in the wheel's metal post makes it very difficult to push the post all the way in. I placed the K3, undercarriage up, on top of something soft (to avoid damaging the handle), put a 1-inch thick piece of wood across the spacing between the twin rollers of the wheel (see figures), and then hit the wood with a hammer until the wheel was in position. You may have to hit harder and a few more times than you would probably expect. Avoid hitting and damaging the rollers.
3. A few turns of Teflon tape should be wrapped around the threads of the K3 water inlet before attaching the adapter for connecting the hose end. This helps to avoid hose-connection leaks, so far the second most common complaint in critical customer reviews (but without indicating if Teflon tape was used). Since these are plastic threads, better tighten the adapter simply by hand and not with a wrench -- do not over-torque.
4. It has a 35-foot cord ending in a plug with GFCI [a fast-acting circuit breaker that shuts off power if it detects an electrical fault]. In my K3, the interrupter is tripped each time the cord is unplugged. You must ensure the GFCI is ready by pressing its top button after plugging it in order to power the K3, which itself has a separate on-off switch, and an internal circuit breaker.
5. The high-pressure hose and the power cord tangle quite easily. My experience is that this hose should be untangled before powering the K3, and that the cord should be stored in a zigzag fold tied with a strap, despite that this is less convenient for storage on top of the washer than wrapping it around the handle. The hose/cord entanglement detracts from the convenience of the follow-me capability.
6. It has a siphon-capable, wobble-type water pump of a material Kärcher calls N-cor, which is a combination of glass fiber and a synthetic polymer. The pump is corrosion-free and does not need maintenance. (Wobble pumps are entry-level devices that are self-priming, but are not as efficient as other pump types and cannot be economically replaced.) Kärcher claims a maximal water pressure at the nozzle of 1800 PSI and a water flow rate of 1.3 GPM -- this yields 2340 nominal 'cleaning' units. In practical terms, this translates into light(ish) residential duty and casual use, but keep in mind the actual force of the water jet on a surface depends on the nozzle and its distance from the surface.
7. The trigger gun has a child safety lock on the left side of its grip for security purposes.
8. The water jet of the Vario wand I received is geometrically well organized at the wand's high(er) settings but becomes disorganized at the low(er) settings.
The K3 must be purged of water and treated with an antifreeze pump protector before it is stored for winter in order to protect seals and valves, so the pump does not leak when used on the following year. For this I bought the Kärcher Pump Guard, claimed to help protect seals and valves down to -25°F [-32°C]. This helps avoid post-winter pump leaks, so far the most common complaint in critical customer reviews (but without indicating if an antifreeze protector was used for winterizing).
Kärcher offers a non-transferable limited warranty of 2 years for the motor, pump, and structural and electrical components, and 90 days for standard accessories and attachments. Save your Amazon email confirming the purchase (the date of purchase is the shipping date, since that is when Amazon charges the card); the serial number is in a sticker on the undercarriage of the K3.
UPDATE [ July 30, 2017 ]
I have been using the sprayer for a variety of light and medium duty jobs since May this year, and it has performed flawlessly but for the annoying tangling of the power cord. In particular, it proved its value in a two-day job of cleaning brick walls. The perimeter of our house lot is fenced by light-color brick walls; dirt and mold (a result of hot and humid days, and the irrigation spray system, especially in the north-looking wall faces) darken the bricks and eventually require cleaning. The second figure below shows before-and-after results from a part of the brick wall facing the street's sidewalk -- the segment to the left of the pillar and the pillar itself were sprayed with the Vario wand, whereas the segment to the left of the pillar was not washed at all. It is critical in a job of this kind to clean the bricks without damaging the mortar, and the K3 gave me an excellent result.
I am glad I purchased this unit and would get it again.
Most recent customer reviews
Would refer Stands by warranty above and beyond