Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Karman Healthcare S-2501 Ergonomic Ultra Lightweight Transport Chair, Pearl Silver, 18 Inches Seat Width
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

on February 15, 2013
I purchased this transport chair for my 89 year old Mother to be able to get around more comfortably. I wanted a chair that was comfortable for her and lightweight for me to put into the car and push her. This chair fits both of those criteria. The chair itself is very sturdy. I like that there are several Velcro adjustments to fit the chair to the user more comfortably. The back, side pieces at the arm and leg strap all have Velcro adjustments to make it more comfortable. The chair is very easy to fold and open and came out of the box fully assembled. The back handles fold down and you just lift the seat up and it folds to a manageable size. I have a Ford Edge and was hoping it would fit into the space between the front and back seat but it was just a bit too wide. It easily fits into the truck with my hatchback. The added benefit of the large back wheels makes the ride smoother and easier to push over gravel. Initially I had some problem with maneuvering the chair over a door sill or through some snow, but realized by going in backwards through the door or through bumpy or muddy terrain made it much easier for me to move the chair and safer for the passenger. The price of this chair is much higher than many that are available but the benefits far outweigh the cost. The pros include: lightweight for the person pushing and lifting the chair, sturdy wheels, comfortable seating, slanted arms which allow the chair to be pushed right up to a restaurant table, large foot area so the user can position their legs comfortably, attractive design and coloring, handy brakes and brake locks on the handles, and easy to fold and unfold. The only con that I could come up with is it is a little cumbersome to pick up and put down the foot plates when the user is getting into or out of the chair. The person sitting in the chair has to move their feet aside or up to be able to put the plates down or up. There is no other way around this but the added benefit of having the larger foot plates makes this a small inconvenience. The chair has a small back pack attached, but I also purchased the Duro Med Wheel Chair Back Pack which has straps that fit over the chair handles. This added back pack is very lightweight but sturdy. I can fit two purses into the pack which makes it easier to push the chair. Overall I am very pleased with this and would highly recommend it. My Mom is about 5 foot 2 inches and the height of the seat and leg area fits her very well. It doesn't appear that you can adjust the length or angle of the legs so a tall person or one who needs to elevate their legs might have an issue with this design. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it highly.
on May 24, 2015
This wheelchair is perfect for a child or an adult who is under 5'2" in height, weighs less than 130 pounds, and has a small bone structure. The item itself is extremely well designed and made with impressive quality. The ride is smooth due to the larger rear wheels, and is easy to maneuver. The brakes are controlled from the hand grips, which is convenient. The footrest design, however, could use improvement because although the footrests themselves fold up, the entire structure supporting the footrests are welded on and aren't able to be folded back, which adds to the overall length of the item and adds an extra obstacle in the front to getting the person seated.
Unfortunately, I am returning this wheelchair because it is too small for my father who is 5'3", 150 pounds. We could barely squeeze him onto the seat, and he looked cramped and uncomfortable when seated. The seat itself is smaller than advertised, at 16.75" wide and 16" deep. The chair back is also too narrow, and my father's back was not well supported. The seat height is 18" high, but because the seat was so narrow compared to other transport wheelchairs, it is in effect taller, and it was harder to get my father seated properly. I was extremely disappointed that this item was so small. If they would make a larger version with a wider and deeper seat and back, I'd definitely purchase it.
on March 16, 2013
My 92 year old husband has congestive heart failure, and lately has found it difficult to walk long distances without shortness of breath. He has a zest for life and doesn't want to miss anything. We looked for light weight, user friendly transport wheelchair, that had some class to it.
This chair is very comfortable for him, and very easy for me to lift into the car. We have been attending baseball spring training in Arizona, and the chair has been perfect. He hasn't a missed a pitch. He can also push it, like a walker.
The back folds down, which makes it very compact, and the arm rests are a perfect height. Many others we tried had armrests too high, and was not comfortable. He is 5'8" and weighs 180 lbs.
The ONLY slight problem we've had is if there is a lip, or bump in the sidewalk and you're going too fast, it could stop suddenly when you hit. Slow down, and maybe have to tip back a bit, then no problems.
I would recommend this item highly.
on April 26, 2015
Before taking a river cruise, I realized I'd need my first wheelchair if I was going to enjoy the land excursions, mostly walking tours. (I have multiple sclerosis.) We shipped the chair in its original box—I learned that up to two devices for the disabled can be checked on international airlines without counting against your allowable luggage—and it arrived in excellent shape. My husband found it easy to push, and I was very comfortable, except when we were on cobblestoned streets. That was pretty rough going, as I was tossed about quite a lot (but some of this might be due to my husband's full-steam-ahead technique!). It was easy to manage, very lightweight (18 lbs.). The seat and back were comfortable, the foot rests were just fine, and the V-shaped bars joining the rear wheels allowed my husband to take full strides comfortably. This will live in our car's trunk for use when distances are too great for me to cover. The price on amazon.com was half of retail, with free shipping. Excellent value.
on March 10, 2015
Truly the best, all the nurses at the hospital came to take a look wherever we went and it's been in the hospital with my dad for the last 50days. It fits small to medium person 5'8" and under perfectly. Wouldn't recommend this for a larger person.
review image
on September 12, 2014
We purchased this transport chair for our 85 year old mother. She is 5'8" tall and she is very comfortable in it. It is very easy to use for both the driver and passenger. Folds down easily and fits well in the trunk. Very light weight. Easy to manipulate in very tight spaces. Worth every penny. Now we go for as long as she wants and as often as she wants without having to find a place to rest.
on April 29, 2016
Extremely light weight but very sturdy. Decided to spend a lot more than I paid for the Drive Transport wheelchair that fell apart in less than 6 months. Love the brakes being on the push handles. My husband can not operate a self propelled wheelchair and needs to be pushed. The foot rests are lower than his previous transport wheelchair. The lower foot rests are much more comfortable for him. The only con is that the footrests don't completely swing away. They do fold up but not back and away. The footrests are not detachable. That's not an issue for us. There is a little pouch on the back which is a bit small.
on April 25, 2013
Absolutely the best transport chair I have found. Very comfortable. Collapses easily and easy to fit in back seat or trunk of car. Very well designed. and amazingly light and strong.
on December 27, 2015
The chair is perfect for the 4ft 9", 80 lbs person for whom it was intended.. It is also perfect for the 5ft1" , 78 year- old caregiver who is pushing it. At 18lbs, the chair is also a blessing for that caregiver who is hauling it in and out of the back of a Grand Caravan. Admitedly that said caregiver works out at the Y and has practiced yoga for many years. The chair is very well built, folds up and opens easily. The seat and the back are padded. The footrest is adjustable, but not removable. I found the latter a plus as it is one less thing I have to contend with. The very small storage pocket is only large enough for a wallet and a phone. I ordered (from Amazon) Penmbrook wheelchair backkpack in grey. It fits perfectly and matches the colour of the chair. I am giving 5 stars for the chair. I reviewed the packaging in the appropriate section. It reinforces my conviction that this is a very well made chair having survived without damage the appaling package in which it arrived. The packaging not withstanding, I am thrilled with this chair. . It gives me the freedom to take my daughter anywhere, she in comfort and I assured that I will not have put out my back while getting the chair out.
on September 1, 2013
As noted in the other reviews, this chair has some wonderful qualities and should be the top of everyone's list. We had to return it though, because it is most appropriate for children or small adults. My 5' 6" wife found it too short and the arm rests not long enough to be comfortable. Would love it if Karman (Karma on some sites) would build a larger version.