Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 306 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 343 reviews
on March 14, 2013
was advertised as a one year anti virus....it says it right on the front of the box... after it was installed.....a window came up saying it was only good for 30 days... and it slowed down my computer....the topper is that it can't be returned just exchanged for the same thing... I talked to customer service and explained about the false advertising, and they gave me a return label and told me to send it back. Now two weeks later they sent it back and said I couldn't return it after all. .... So in summary they said it was good for a yr. buitt actually only good for one month, and I can absolutely not return it. They lie to sell their product and Amazon is letting them get away with it. Ripped off....... I still have products that keep popping up wanting me to buy things from the antivirus software I installed. I have tried and tried to delete all the residual crap that is on my computer but have to constantly deal with it.;
on March 7, 2013
I read a lot of good reviews before installing this AV product. My computer is a Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system using a quad-core i7 CPU and SSD, so it is a fast system. I expect my internet access to be pretty fast, since my download speed from my ISP is good as well. The full system scans by Kaspersky were fast, but I was noticing that it seemed like when I accessed a web page that took some time to load that I couldn't do anything else with my browser on my network. Kind of like my internet access had become single-threaded, and I couldn't do anything else until the previous task completed. Not a good situation for me, I'm used to taking advantage of being able to do things concurrently, really slowed things down. I verified that this was not a CPU, memory, or network bottleneck first. Then when I disabled Kaspersky, my internet access performance went back to normal. I put up with this for several days, and decided that it was unacceptable. It was clearly caused by Kaspersky, and seemed characteristic of the product's behavior on fast computers, since my wife was also experiencing slow behavior on the quad-core desktop that she was using.

So we've gone back to the previous AV that we were using that performs really well, but was slipping in the malware protection ratings. And our computers have regained their previous levels of performance. If Kaspersky fixes this problem, I'd be glad to use it again, but it seems to be characteristic of the behavior of the product. Just not good enough.
on December 6, 2012
I find this software better than McAfee and Norton
It helped to resurect a corrupted drive that was doomed.
Unlike Nortons and McAfee, I dont see a slow down of computer function and it alerts me to intrusive software that
you receive from "SAFE SITES" that contain key stroke recorders and Internet access files.
At least it gives you the option to remove or not download.
My last expierence with McAfee was really bad. Slowed the computer to a crawl. Went to Norton and that was much better but eventually I started receiving emails that it was going to expire even though the dates didnt match. Norton shut me off 63 days before the actual experation date.

Kaspersky does seem to play any games
on December 13, 2012
I just installed it on my laptop tonight, it was a real pain in the ass. The disc immediately took me to a recovery program instead of the setup wizard, I guess because it wanted to get rid of the Norton software I had and to do updates, which was fine but when it was finally done, it just sat there and did nothing. I had to find a security key for my modem, which I finally did but I couldn't get it to give me anything but the recovery program and in the meantime, I lost everything on my desktop. The online support was no help at all and there is no phone number to actually call and talk to a tech. Finally, in anger and frustration, I did a hard shut down, removed the disc and when I powered it back up, I got my desktop back and the antivirus program began installing. Finally, after over an hour I got it installed. The installation instructions could be far better as could the tech support. I hope the antivirus part actually works.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
This is what I look for in an anti-virus software is:

1. Doesn't affect the performance of your computer.
2. You barely notice it is even running.
3. Your computer stays problem free/virus free.
4. Low maintenance and not a lot of hassle.
5. No conflicts with other programs.
6. Doesn't install a bunch of other programs.

In my own layman anti-virus criteria listed above, Kaspersky anti-virus is just ok. It seems like my computer has stayed virus-free in the short stint that I have had it, so in that respect it gets a thumbs up. However, there are a few annoyances that bug me. First off, it needs to be updated every day. So you have to download an update file that is a few megabytes every day or you receive an error message that Kaspersky is not updated. Next, Kaspersky seems like a heavy program (at least for my computer) and it definitely bogs down my computer's performance.

As far as features, a layman like me has absolutely no clue what the heck all the features do. To me, your computer is either virus-free or not. I think you have to be a serious computer person or work in the high tech arena to really know all the nuances of the software and how one company's anti-virus is better than another. I will probably try another anti-virus in a year when this expires.
on August 22, 2013
Had smooth experience with Kaspersky, and decided to extend my subscription after my existing was expired.

First: Failed to active my license, simply due to it said that I enabled password protection for the configuration (which I believe I never did). Checked their support page, it says I have to contact support to disable the password protection. I did that, and did NOT get any response at all for the past month. Sending follow up message does not help, even escalating it to manager, did not help at all. I could not remove it, as it prompts for the same password whenever I wanted to uninstall it. In the end, I reformat my Windows.

Second: Still failed to activate my license. Now it keeps saying that I have exceeded the maximum number of activation. I have NOT even activated one, and they said that I have activated 3!!!!!

Never thought that an anti virus could give me such a pain.

STAY AWAY FROM KASPERSKY.
on November 21, 2013
After only having the software for 4 months I ended up having to reload my OS (not related to Kaspersky). I registered Kaspersky when I first loaded it. My software said I was allowed 3 users. So when I had to reload my software, I figured there would be no problem. It wouldn't activate. Said I had used up all my activations. I contacted their support. After they made me jump thru hoops to send them all kinds of scanned proof it was proper software (even though I registered it when I bought it), they tell me they will not reactivate the code because I bought it from Amazon. So beware, if you just have to have this product - buy it from their website and not from here. I'm going to contact Amazon, but I may end up going back to Spyware Doctor even if it is a cpu hog.
on May 13, 2013
i am very upset with this item( i bought 2) this time around and now i cant use it cos is says it cannot be activated in ghana. last year i bought this exact same antivirus and cos it was so good i bough again this year and got it shipped to GHANA. now it is here it is asking for activation code!! THIS IS WHAT I BOUGHT: 3 user,1 year kaspersky antivirus 2013 activation code:62Y3T-C6EU7-GFRPB-KF5RA AND 3 user,1 year kaspersky antivirus 2013 activation code:VKYCN-UGZWE-U9ZF5-3GDMA....HELP SO I CAN CONTINUE TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT YEAR AFTER YEAR...THANKS!!! IT WILL COST MORE TO SEND TO U THAN THE ACTUAL ITEM!!!

I got feedback from Kaspesky in SOUTH AFRICA. i was given 2 new codes which i hope will work to activate the antivirus HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN TOLD I SHOULD NOT PURCHASE FROM USA IN THE FUTURE COS ANITVIRUS ARE ONLY FOR USA PC. THIS IS MOST UNTRUE COS I AHVE PURCHASED ALOT OF ANIT V FROM YOU WITHOUT PROBLEMS ( CHECK MY ACCOUNT) AND I REFUSE TO BUY ELSEWEHRE!
I AM ALSO TOLD TO BUY LOCALLY..IN GHANA THE ANTI V IS LIKE 150$..FROM 15$ TO 150$
NOW WHY SHOULD I DO THAT?
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR FUTURE PURCHASES? WHAT IS WRONG WITH BUYING ANTI V AND THEN GETTING CODE EACH TIME? SURELY I SHOULD BE AWARDED FOR BING SMART AND BUYING FROM AMAZON..THE BEST ONLINE STORE EVER??????
on January 3, 2013
Product Review - I've used Kaspersky for years now and I stick by it, and for the foreseeable future, see no reason to change my opinion. Kaspersky AV has always protected my PC well, caught problems early and fixed them, all the while not hampering system performance. I used to run it on an XP OS on my older laptop and it works just as well with Windows 7. No comment on compatibility with Windows 8, since I haven't tried it yet, but it does say on the box that it is compatible with Windows 8.

I read a few reviews about system crashes and stuff with Kaspersky 2013, and it has not happened to me so far. I will update this review if it does.

The reason for 4 stars (and not 5) is that I encountered an issue with autorun when i loaded the disc. It got stuck - twice. I had to go via the explorer route and access the installation exe file that way. I dont know why. It worked fine that way.

Seller Review - I bought this directly from Amazon, and thats always a pleasure. The price was reasonable, delivery was before the committed timeline.
on September 4, 2013
I was using a free Anti virus and it was working great but kept hearing about bad viruses heading our way so decided to try out the new kid on the block so to speak.. It made my computer run slow and I now have some weird virus that makes it so my computer is locked up tight and can't even get to my desktop without seeing this message that I am locked out and unless I pay 300.00 to these creeps It will stay locked up forever. Ahhhhhh I am now using the oldest computer known to man just to be able to check my email and basic stuff. BAD BAD BAD

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.