KastKing Exergy Fly Fishing Line - Weight Forward Floating Lines for Freshwater - Double Micro Loops - Laser Printing - BioSpool - Available in 5 Colors, Super Value!
|Fishing Line Type||Braided|
|Package Dimensions||4.88 x 4.72 x 0.98 inches; 3.42 Ounces|
About this item
- SPECIAL DESIGN - Exergy fly fishing lines are high performance, weight forward, floating lines that deliver long, effortless casts and easy line turnover because of our unique belly design, short front taper and long running line. The lines float exceptionally high in the water and make line control easy.
- PERFORMANCE - Each Exergy fly fishing line is made with a braided, memory free core and uses our silky smooth, KastKote finish that improves performance, casting distance and keeps the line floating high in the water for better fly presentations.
- DOUBLE MICRO LOOPS - All Exergy fly fishing lines include double welded micro loops on both the front and back of the line that make attaching backing and leaders quick and easy. Because of the small diameter of these loops, connections slide easily through the guides without hesitation that can be the cause of lost fish.
- LASER PRINTING - Exergy fly fishing lines are all laser printed on the tip end of the line with the line weight, so you'll never have to remember or guess as to which line is loaded on your reel or spool giving you total confidence that you're are using the right line weight for your rod.
- BIOSPOOL - KastKing has always been a Green Company that has fostered environmental sustainability. To meet that expectation, all KastKing fly fishing lines are spooled on our award winning, biodegradable BioSpool, which is made from wheat straw and unlike plastic spools, will decompose naturally to reduce landfill bulk. KastKing is a sponsor of Trout Unlimited and we proudly support the efforts of their 300,000 members nationwide to develop and restore natural trout habitat.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
An incredible fly fishing experience starts with incredible fly fishing line! You may have traveled to a world class destination where colorful trout are stacked end to end in gin clear water. You’ve armed yourself with a quality fly rod and reel and dozens of hand tie flies. But if you’re fly fishing line isn’t up to the task, your efforts will fall far short of expectations. This is exactly why KastKing has developed the new Exergy series of fly fishing lines, so you’ll never fall short when your line hits the water.
KastKing Exergy is a series of high performance, weight forward floating fly fishing lines designed to deliver long, effortless casts and easy line turnover with our unique belly design, short front taper and long running line. Each line is coated with our silky smooth KastKote surface that enhances performance and increases distance. These lines float exceptionally high in the water making for easy line control when mending or roll casting.
Each Exergy fly fishing line includes double welded micro loops that make attaching backing and leaders quick and easy. The small diameter of these micro loops ensure that the lines flows through guides easily and without any hang ups found with thick nail knot connections.
Every line is laser printed with the line weight on the tip end of the line, so you’ll never have to remember or guess as to which line is loaded on your reel or spool. Exergy lines are available in line weights from WF3 to WF8 and each is available in five of your favorite colors depending on presentation or personal preference.
KastKing has always been a Green Company that has fostered environmental responsibility. To meet that expectation, all Exergy fly fishing lines are spooled on our award winning, biodegradable BioSpool, which is made from wheat straw and unlike plastic spools, will decompose naturally over time.
|KastKing Exergy Fly Line||KastKing Propel Fly Line||KastKing BackKast Fly Line||KastKing Paramount Tippet||KastKing Rubicon Tapered Leader||KastKing Anglers of Honor Fly Combo|
|Category||Fly Line||Fly Line||Backing||Tippet||Tapered Leader||Fly Combo|
|Color||Aqua, Evergreen, Salmon, Sky, Yellow||Evergreen, Salmon, Yellow||Chartreuse, White, Chartreuse/Black, Orange/Black||Clear||Clear||Fly Line: Yellow Backing: White|
|Length||100 FT||90 FT||100 & 200 Yds||30 Yds||7½ FT. 9 FT||Fly Line: 90 FT; Backing: 80 FT|
|Size||WF2 - WF10||WF2 - WF10||20 & 30 LB||2X - 6X||0X - 6X||Fly Line: Propel WF-5F; Backing: BackKast 20LB/80Yds|
|Backing Line Pre-Spooled||✓||✓|
|Includes||Fly Line||Fly Line & Backing Line||Backing||Tippet||Tapered Leader||4 pc Graphite Fly Rod, Fly Reel, Travel Case, Propel Fly Line, BackKast Backing Line|
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 4.88 x 4.72 x 0.98 inches; 3.42 Ounces
- Date First Available : November 22, 2017
- Manufacturer : Eposeidon
- ASIN : B077NYKGXQ
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Susanna on February 19, 2018
New! KastKing Exergy Fly Fishing Line - Weight Forward Floating Lines for Freshwater - Double Micro Loops - Laser Printing - BioSpool - Available in 5 Colors, Super Value!
By Jeremy C. on January 19, 2018
[[ASIN:B078H3XYWG New! KastKing Exergy Fly Fishing Line - Weight Forward Floating Lines for Freshwater - Double Micro Loops - Laser Printing - BioSpool - Available in 5 Colors, Super Value!]]
By Twig N Timber Outdoors on January 16, 2018
Other than the tip not floating, it was alright. The leader loop held up well and didn't catch as it was shooting through my rod. The price was pretty cheap too.
Like many other reviewers, I have fished a ton of lines in my fly fishing career. Prices run the gamut from 20-120 for quality manufacturer lines. ----
I really like what Kastking is doing here, their marketing and branding is top notch. The color of the line is fantastic. I was excited to get a Cortland 444 knock off when I opened the box. Unfortunately it really falls short of what I'm looking for.
On initial observation, the line is porous. This is not "textured" in any calculated pattern, in fact I think it's a manufacturing issue. It won't affect performance initially, but I would put money on it deteriorating faster than other major brand lines. I know lines all crack eventually *ahem, airflo* but this is just subpar.
The loop on the end is awesome!... Only in size. Really, it's just the exposed braided core that has been coated with something hydrophobic and the fly line coating itself was cut with a knife to facilitate this. Understand, that as time elapses, the exposed braided loop at the end will start to absorb water and you will end up with a crappy sink tip.
HERES THE REAL PROBLEM. The line is sticky. I've run agent x over it twice. I've warm water and soap rinsed it twice. I've stretched it every time Ive taken it out. You can't double haul it worth a squat. I mean you can pretend you are working way too hard for fun, but it's too sticky to haul through my sage rod guides. It's so sticky, that it picks up it's own coils from the ground on a cast and gifts you with a tangle. I wanted to at least give this line a decent review, but it's going to be hard from an intermediate>advanced perspective. For beginning casters, make it 3 stars. It will get you started on single hand static loop formation, and you really won't break the bank. The taper isn't bad; however, it's definitely situated in a way that makes picking up the whole head a little cumbersome, and this is going to deter you from advancing after learning static loop formation Imho.
Cool product, didn't make the cut for me. It's in a box going back tomorrow.
I'm going to replace all of my fly lines with KastKing from now on!