KastKing Speed Demon Baitcasting Fishing Reel – World’s Fastest Baitcaster - 9.3:1 Gear Ratio – 12+1 Shielded Ball Bearings – Carbon Fiber Drag – Affordable - New for 2017! (Right Handed)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
KastKing Speed Demon Baitcasting Reel - World's Fastest Baitcaster - 9.3:1 Gear Ratio
- Blazing fast 9.3:1 gear ratio
- High-torque 115 MM handle
- Super slick 12+1 MaxiDur corrosion resisting shielded ball bearings
- Extra durable stainless steel main shaft
- State-of-the-art 3 disc carbon fiber star drag system with 13.2 lbs/ 6 Kg drag power
- Easy adjustment tournament-ready trilateral magnetic brake system with quick access side plate
- Powerful precision matched brass gears
- Sure grip flat paddle EVA knobs
- Mono Capacity(mm/m): 0.29/150, 0.32/130
Braid Capacity(LB/YD): 12/160, 14/140
- CPT(cm per turn): 95
IPT(In per turn): 37.4
- Weight (oz):8.3 ,Weight (g):235.7
A KastKing Speed Demon fishing reel is an excellent choice among baitcasting reels as a low profile casting reel for freshwater bass fishing, trout fishing, or ice fishing. KastKing is an ICAST (International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades) award-winning brand. If you are holiday shopping for fishing reels as a Christmas gift, or holiday gift, choose a baitcast fishing reel by KastKing. Any angler would love to add KastKing baitcasting fishing reel to their fishing tackle collection. KastKing keeps fishing fun.
- LIGHTNING FAST – The world’s fastest baitcasting reel! KastKing Speed Demon baitcasters break the speed limit! A truly super speed baitcasting reel with 9.3:1 gear ratio and precision matched brass gears.
- TOTAL CONTROL - Revolutionary design, easy adjustment, tournament-ready trilateral magnetic brake system and cross drilled aluminum spool eliminates backlashing.
- UNIQUE - State-of-the-art 3 disc carbon fiber star drag system with 13.2 lbs/ 6 Kg drag power handles big game fish.
- UNIQUE - Spoolcross drilled aluminum spool eliminates backlashing.
- UNIQUE - High-torque 115 MM handle
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me start by saying that as a hardcore bass fisherman with over 100 baitcasting combos, I know what quality is and I'm a big fan of the performance exceeding the price. Ive had or have almost any rod or reel you can name and I fish over 250 days a year to some extent. I'm very picky about my gear. Trust my review to have your best interest and hard earned money in mind.
As the top rated reviewer of the Kastking Stealth reels, and having over 20 of them (among the Mela and Sharky spinning reels; and Stealth, Spartacus and Assassin baitcasting reels) I've come to love Kastking reels and have high expectations for their future products. The Stealth reel STILL represents the best value in a high speed (7 speed) reel today. Their Assassin is the best 6 speed reel available for the money.
This brings me to the Kastking Speed Demon. Ive been asking in reviews of the other reels for them to come up with an ultra high speed reel for frogging, punching, Alabama rigs etc. They finally delivered with the Speed Demon reel, and here are some reasons why this is the best high speed reel in the world for the money:
-It comes in as the fastest reel in the world at 9.3:1, which is over 40 inches per turn off line retrieval (full spool)
-The components that are used are well thought out to be not only strong to last a lifetime, but also to save weight
-the carbon fiber drag components that Kastking uses are top notch. Ive locked down the drag on my reels (which typically make drags skip around and lose their smoothness) but they just keep ticking. I love them for froggin and punching because you get a rock solid hookset
-One small overlooked detail by most manufacturers that Kastking has added to these reels is a slightly oversized line guide to accommodate leader knots for those of us that use braid to flouro leaders
-One HUGE (pun intended) thing that I absolutely love on this reel is the MASSIVE 115mm power cranking handle. This handle aftermarket would cost AT LEAST $35 AND would be worth every penny of that price. A large handle like this greatly aids in ease of cranking and power, especially in larger baits with more drag underwater. Seriously, this is honest to goodness worth half of the asking price alone.
I plan on using this reel as a dedicated Alabama rig and swimbait reel. I currently have this reel spooled up with 50 lb Kastking Mega 8 braid to a 20 lb flourocarbon leader for use with an Alabama rig this upcoming pre spawning season. It casts great, retrieves very smoothly and has great power and drag for big fish.
The next closest reels to this are the Daiwa Zillion 9.1 and the Abu Garcia revo rocket, both of which are 3-5 times the cost of this reel, with arguably equal performance.
Size wise, this is between a 150 and 200 size reel, and palms very well (see pics). It's this size for two reasons:
1) To accommodate the massive heavy duty gearing for a reel this fast and strong
2) It has a line capacity of 160 yrds/12 lb, which can nearly be doubled with thin braid such as the Kastking Mega 8. This is perfect for big baits that require much more line due to the larger diameter lines required like swimbaits that use 20-25 lb mono and Alabama rigs that typically use 65 lb braid. Needless to say, the capacity of this reel will leave nothing to be desired.
I highly recommend this reel, especially for the money! For the swimbait anglers, big bait boys and punching freaks out there, this one is a winner!
To the striper guys-you'll love this reel for your big topwater plugs.
I'd like to address the line guide issue. There is no way that this line guide can get damaged by slightly sticking out due to where it is on the reel. For it to get damaged it would have to be done intentionally, or be a one-in-a-million accident.
On the royale, the break settings are painted on to the design, which by now has faded. The speed demon has the numbers imbedded in the design, so you will never have them fade out.
The reel is one of the smoothest cast and retrieve I have ever tried. I loaded the reel with the Kastking super braided 12lb line and have enjoyed the transition from mono to braid. This reel is ideal for baits that you need to get moving through the water quickly such as crankbaits and spinner baits. If you want to fish with more finesse, for example, when using plastics, you might want to switch to a smaller gear ration.
My favorite three things on the reel are:
1. Comfort of holding the reel and having a large crank. This really helps achieve the fast speed in the lures.
2. The easily removable spool in the case of bird nests. When I first started using baitcasters, I had plenty of them. Being able to remove the spool made it easy to fix the issues. I hope Eposiedon starts to sell replaceable spools to change line easily.
3. Large line guide makes it easier to spool. I think the larger guide reduces some of the friction on the line allowing for a farther cast.
The model is definitely a good upgrade from previous Kastking models like the Royale. The reel is worth every penny, especially if you are a fisherman on a strict budget. Eposeidon does it again!
We loaded it up with 8 lb mono, and the capacity seems spot on with the markings. NOTE: The reel does not come with line. We had a bit of 30 lb braid left, but decided not to use it ( see photo ) It would be better fro KastKing if the loaded with up with the right diameter braid before shipping,
We were looking for a fast reel that was better quality than our Academy H2O series, and this reel fit the bill. Looked at a Lews, and this seems the same if not a bit better fit and finish, but at 1/2 the price.
Drag seems really smooth, love those carbon disks.
Top international reviews