Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on July 5, 2012
This stove is quite possibly the best backpacking stove I have ever used. It runs on almost anything; has a really effective and ingenious nozzle cleaner; preheats fast, even at altitude; boils water really quick, is extremely fuel efficient and you can cook food on it because of the burner control. It could be lighter, but I don't think it could be better.

Preheat: It goes from a cold start to a cooking flame in less than 30sec on white gas.
Multi fuel: I have used mine on White gas, unleaded pump gasoline, diesel, and kerosene. All of them work fine for cooking, but I would recommend using white gas as much as you can because the additives in gasoline are an inhalation hazard, and diesel and kerosene leave a lot of dirty carbon on everything. Additionally, diesel and kerosene take longer to get to cooking temp.
Nozzle cleaner: this works great and doesn't require disassembling any part of the stove to clean the nozzle. However nozzle cleaning should be done when the stove is not in use because the cleaning needle will get stuck in the nozzle orifice.
Max heat: This stove seriously puts out some heat. The website says it will boil 1L of water in 3.5min but that is really conservative. I have seen it boil 1L in less than three min.
For cooking: The heat can be turned way down for camp dishes that require less heat, or to make sure that your pasta continues to boil but doesn't splatter the water everywhere.

The only bad part of this stove is actually the fuel bottles. The o-rings bind up and leak and the child proof caps are flimsy and unreliable. But the stove is solid.
on April 18, 2011
While other stoves are smaller and lighter, this one is great for its versatility. I do some motorcycle camping, so i wasn't too concerned about weight. I can use so many different types of fuel. I also keep this with my emergency food. If our power and gas goes out, I can use this to cook meals.
on June 26, 2011
Okay to start off, I own my fair share of stoves. To give you an idea, I own a Coleman Briefcase (White Gas only, and about 30 years old), Jetboil (original), Optimus Hiker 111c, and now the Optimus Nova+. From experience I can say that Optimus is a lot like a firearm, needs regular cleaning but will fire up in a pinch. I also recommend getting some wire brushes for said cleaning as well. Not only will they help in cleaning but if the cleaning needle breaks or falls off, you can use a single bristle to clean the jet hole as well. Also if you can't tell from above my preference is for liquid fuel stoves. The convenience of propane is equally outweighed by the fact that it really isn't environmentally friendly. Propane is not a renewable resource so when its gone its gone. But with both my optimus's I can also use denatured alcohol in them, which is easier on the environment, especially in the case of spills. And best of all its renewable. Second, if your still reading, I like long reviews. Short reviews fall under one rank for me, why bother.

As for the Nova+. Since this is my first nova+, I would like to say this. Even though all nova's are nova's, not all nova's are the same. Over time the design has changed. Mostly in the department of the pump. My pump has the air inlet placed above the fuel when it is in the on position, presumably to minimize fuel leakage. This makes it "L" shaped and can be tricky when putting it in the fuel bottle. It also came with a turning clamp to lock the quick connect into place, rather than a snap clamp on older styles. It also has a fuel shutoff knob which some of the early styles don't have. The stove itself hasn't changed much. What has changed lay with the hose and quick connect. The hose is stiffer then earlier models and the quick connect is redesigned to use the rotating clamp rather than the snap style. The stiffer hose means you will need to have it straiter then you would with the older ones. My initial run didn't turn up any issues running. Fired up just fine, and boiled and simmered water great. Only complain I have, and I will take this up with optimus, is that one of the "fins" wasn't forged right. Its mangled on one end like it was pulled off before it cooled. Should be able to smooth it out, but it does bother me. However, it doesn't affect functionality. This was mostly bought to be a backup for my 111c, as well as for times when I'm not car camping. The 111c is still my workhorse when car camping, and other than a broken cleaning needle(hence my mention of the wire brush), still runs great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.