Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on November 12, 2012
The first time I saw Kate Moss was in The Face magazine (now sadly gone to magazine heaven) and I was stunned at her rawness and unique beauty. Here was a young woman who was not like the typical model we saw in ads and fashion magazine editorials. Here was a thin and lean waif who was a natural beauty with spunk and a rebel streak! Kate Moss defined style in the 90's through her Calvin Klein ads and sexy photo shoots. Despite, the backlash against her "under weight" frame, Kate continued to work and make beautiful art! For those of us who regard her beauty as timeless and love what she represented, a book collecting her greatest images was long overdue. The Kate Moss book is not just a book celebrating some of Kate Moss's most memorable images, as it is also a collection of her edgy work with some of the greatest photographers who have worked in fashion.

The book is massive and almost 400 pages. It is heavy and solid. Flipping through it is like wading through 2 decades of fashion's greatest images. Kate helped select these images and should be commended for choosing images that are not always flattering but are always interesting, Kate on the toilet, Chuck Close's wonderful black and white portraits sans make-up, and numerous shots which I found to be beautiful but the average person might not.

The nudes, black and white, vivid colors, some erotic and some plain, are some of the best images of Kate Moss, because despite reports she cried during the sessions of her earlier nude sets, she seems most comfortable without clothing. Despite enduring judgement, criticism for her weight, scandals involving drug use allegations, and having becoming a mom, Kate Moss is still super successful and beautiful (reportedly earning millions of dollars last year!)

At 38, Kate Moss is still working and beautiful, fascinating and working with some of the most artistic photographers in the business.

The book is amazing for fans of Kate and of fashion and photography. My only criticism is that the book is chock full of images of Kate smoking! Damn, she smokes a ton, lol! Seriously, Kate quit smoking!

As a photographer, I found the book to be so inspirational. The cutting edge work Kate Moss has created over the years is thoroughly on display here and is a compliment to her sensibilities and the great artists she has worked with. Long live Kate Moss! May she work into her 50's. Like my muse, model Liz La Point who is in her 30's, Kate Moss has an eternal youthfulness that promises to last. May she never quit making such bold and daring choices, and may she continue to be apart of the fashion and art world!

This book places Kate Moss in fashion history as one of the greats and I look forward to another volume in 20 years!

On another note, and not Amazon's fault, but rather the publisher. The book arrived in seemingly good shape and was packaged well by Amazon but after I took the plastic off and began flipping through it, I discovered several wrinkled pages and then an actual rip in the middle of one of the pages. I can't decide whether to return it or not because the book is published with 6 different covers and I like the one I got but it does make me irritated that after months of anticipation for this book, it should arrive damaged internally as a result of the printing process or packing process.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
My Girl-Crush! This was a Christmas gift to myself, and the best one! Full of not only photos from famous ads and editorials taken by the greatest photographers, but also of sculpture and artwork that has been made in her image. Her beauty, strangeness, and versatility really inspire me as an artist. This book will be an inspirational reference for years to come...
on March 20, 2017
great collection of the amazing Kate Moss
on December 16, 2012
I collect photo books,fashion and models being a particular favorite,I have to say I rate this volume one of the very best I've ever seen.Kate is a wonderful subject and this book covers the very best of her work,she really is a stunning inspirational figure.The book contains a considerable number of topless and smoking shots,which I adore,and covers right up to the recent amazing W magazine shoot.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough,I own all the other Kate books,this is the best one by far.
on July 2, 2015
WOW....this book was way more than expected! It's a large, well-bound, nicely made 'coffee table book'. It is exceptionally well made both in quality of photos/book material and quantity of photos. I was really impressed by the amount of photos in the book and how much of her career the book covered. If you are expecting a "tell-all", you will be disappointed! It's photos: lots of lovely photos!
on November 23, 2012
Many fashion books had been published, but nothing like this. Other books let you into their world and vision: statuesque models and exquisite designs by artists. This book allows you to go further, with beautiful portraits and a conversation between Kate and Jess. Kate is known for her "under-weight" figure,her "waifish" look and her short height, but she definitely represents people out there without the "perfect body" or the "perfect face". She broke through the glamazonic models, giving herself the supermodel status and one of the most demanding ones.

KATE, with 446 pages, shows the many faces of Kate Moss through nudes, black and white, vivid colors for over two decades. A must in fashion and in personal libraries. Excludes other iconic pictures, but overall, KATE it's a wonderful and legendary compilation of an Imperfect Supermodel that turned out to be the best supermodel.

(I got the Obsession Calvin Klein cover, My favorite!)
on November 6, 2012
Must weigh 10 pounds. I love it. All Kate. I love the dedication. Good quality, hardback book with no visual errors or markings (i make photo albums in a lab). Quality paper. Minus one star because I saw a few of the photos in the last Testino book, but only a few. I love Kate because she is ageless. I gotta say though, I had no idea she had naturally curly hair. I am pleased to be able to get rid of more than a few magazines I had been saving for her editorials. I got the younger photo of her on the cover, the close up, and couldn't be happier.
on April 3, 2014
If you like kate moss then you will like the book. Many images, both flattering and unflattering which I thought was good for keeping it real. Does have a lot of nudity so just keep it away from your more conservative family members if need be. I liked that the book detailed which years and for what magazine, ad, ect that each picture was used for also. Overall a good solid book. I liked that the book was very big as well.
on August 14, 2015
I love all things Kate Moss and was really excited about putting this book on my coffee table. I had expected some nudity in the book as I'm very familiar with Kate's work but there is a ton of nudity including full nudity. I have a 9 year old daughter and didn't feel it would be approriate to keep this on my coffee table.
on August 18, 2013
A must have book! This book was awesome, oversized and all pictures were incredible. Super affordable and unique.
You will not regret making this purchase!