Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on January 5, 2017
I'll start by stating that I have a 500CCA (cold cranking amp) battery when it's recommended I use a 770CCA battery, that's way too weak for my car but all that I could afford at the time.

I live in northern Minnesota (Bemidji area) and should have bought one of these long ago, keeping a car/truck battery warm during the winter will surely extend its life. I've owned it only 2 weeks but we've had everything from 30F all the way down to -25F tonight, I plugged in the battery wrap overnight and tried a test start at 0F that morning, my car ('99 Buick 3.8liter V6) started like it was a summer day, next was a -11F night & I tried that start @ -11F, it turned over in less than a second but not quite as quickly/easily as the first test.

Okay, tonight was going to be the real test in my mind, we were slated to have -25F and did, I let my car (which is always parked outside) sit in that cold for 4 straight hours before giving it a try, the interior lights were bright when I opened the car door and when I turned over the engine it took about 2 seconds to start, very understandable in that brutal cold, I'm VERY impressed with Kat's product.

I'm sure that we'll see some -35/40F yet this winter, the battery wrap will be plugged in to keep it warm, but I doubt I'll try a test start as firing up an engine in those extreme temps can ruin engine belts, and tough on pulleys/bearings etc. The battery blanket will help to keep a charge on my battery, I'll be using it any time the temperature drops below 25F or so.

And it was EASY to install.

I'd give this item a 10 Star rating if I could.......
review image
on January 22, 2011
We bought this battery wrap from Amazon because you could not beat the price (+ free shipping!). It works terrific! My 18 year old son has a 1992 Honda Accord and we do not have an extra garage for his car. After going through one morning of his car not starting we purchased the battery wrap. It works like a charm! We have had a horrendous winter so far this year in New England and his car has started EVERY SINGLE MORNING! Only catch is that you do have to keep an eye on the temperature at night because the instructions clearly say that if it is above freezing you should not plug the battery wrap in. Well, today it was 2 degrees and the car started right up! My son has never been late to school or work since buying this battery wrap!
on February 5, 2015
Makes a big difference. I use this on a 99 Mountaineer that is our family's Snow Assault Vehicle. The SUV sits outside, patiently suffering the elements until it is called into duty. Its Feb of 2015, in Iowa we just had a good snowstorm a week ago. Heavy snow followed by single digit temps. I leave this battery heater plugged in when its below 20 degrees F. Before the vehicle would struggle with a cold start. Now big improvement. If you live in cold areas of the world, I suggest keeping the battery warm. I use this battery heater and use an oil pan heater. The battery heater I leave on, and 90 minutes prior to start I plug in the oil pan heater. This battery heater doesn't get super hot, rather its a steady heat that keeps the battery warm and ready. Sometimes it sits for days plugged in. Never over heats so far. Starts better. If above 20F I would unplug.
on May 25, 2016
Overall decent quality and better price. Heats well and fits numerous battery sizes. Allowed me to keep the battery stored in the vehicle this winter when used in conjunction with a maintenancer. The "twist-tie" type wire strap is my primary negative, as I suspect that it won't last long. I used velcro straps for a better hold. Grounded cord is long enough to get to to the other side of your engine compartment. Shipped quickly.
on December 15, 2016
Happy with the purchase, I'm using this in Wyoming and tested the temperature it kept the battery after being plugged in for roughly 6 hours. In the morning the temperature was -2F I used an infrared thermometer and it was showing 50F. It felt much warmer and when starting the vehicle it didn't seem hard starting at all compared to days with a similar temperature and now battery heater. Would buy again just need to see how much it lasts hoping it has a long life. Will update to 5 stars if no issues in one year.
on February 16, 2014
First impressions of the battery blanket was that it was relatively high quality. The cord looked pretty good. Not sure what people were complaining about in other reviews. It did not wrap all the way around my battery in my 08 Tundra. I wish it was about 4 or 5 inches longer. It would be perfect. The twist tie thing that came with it is a joke. I simply loosened up the battery holder and slid it around the battery, then tightened the battery holder down which secured the battery blanket to the battery. Pretty self explanatory. The instructions are printed on it but do you really need a "how to" on how to wrap something around the battery?!

Why only four stars? It doesn't get that warm. I plugged it in and let it sit for 20 minutes. I couldn't tell if it was on. I plugged it into a watt/amp meter tool and it measured about 70 watts which told me that something in it was sucking power ( a good thing). I then checked it again and felt that it was somewhat warm. I then checked it a few hours later and it was not that much warmer. Maybe I just expected more heat. Still good for what it is. I would by it again. Great for those cold nights when the bitter cold can suck the life from your battery. Protect your rig and throw one of these around your battery.
on December 24, 2016
works. I tested it with a watt meter after I installed it and it draws about 80 w when plugged in. I didn't have real good clearance around the battery to install it, but was still able to install it. I also have a block heater, so the block heater plug comes out the front of the vehicle on the passenger side and the battery wrap plug comes out on the driver side. So you need a couple of extension cords, one to reach one of the plugs with 2 or more outlets, and then a short cord to plug into it and the other plug. In other words, if you have both a block heater and a battery warmer, the plugs may not come out the front next to each other.
on February 7, 2017
My wife's car was having troubles starting on sub zero ND winter mornings this season. Since the car doesn't have a block heater, I decided to slap one of these in to aid start up. Made a huge difference. Battery stays warm but not to the degree to be concerned. Installation is a breeze, with plenty of cord to reach outside the engine bay. Would definitely recommend this product to anyone who lives in a cold climate, looking for a cheap and easy solution to relieve strain on their battery in low temperatures.
on April 14, 2017
Worked just fine for the full Minnesota winter here. I used other retaining strapping. At least for my vehicle, the twist ties didn't cut it.
on January 7, 2015
Just used it and will use it again tomorrow. I have a 2013 Nissan Frontier. Every degree below 32F degrees you will loose 6% of your battery charge due to the cold. Last year around this time it was 4 degrees in the morning and my truck did not like it at all the start up was rough so rather than buy a new starter sooner than later due to premature failure I bought this and at 5F degrees it started up like it was 40F degrees Why burn up a starter because you think you are fine now until your sitting somewhere in the middle of summer and the starter goes up.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.