Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Kaytee CritterTrail 2-Level Habitat
Size: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 11-20 of 241 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 714 reviews
on June 19, 2017
My hamster loves it! Trust me, get this one and your hamster will be much better to handle. I had the one tier basic starter kit cage and my hamster was bored and kept chewing on the cage all the time. But now that I have this cage she loves it and doesn't chew anymore! Definitely worth the $5-10 more and way easier to assemble then the basic one
on January 30, 2015
Got this for my Siberian Dwarf hamster and he loves it! Runs up and down the tubes all day and night. The wheel on this cage is silent so that was a nice upgrade from his old one. Also, it's really easy to put together and to take apart to clean! The cage overall is sturdy and a great quality. You definitely get your money's worth for this product!
on March 7, 2017
This is a great cage. I've bought this before, and had to buy a new one only because I cracked the other one's roof while moving. It's roomy, and gives my hamster plenty of places to adventure. It's also easy to clean.
on November 3, 2016
We love this. It came exactly as promised. We even bought extra tunnels but didn't really need them.
on February 19, 2017
My hamster love this cage. They like to sit on the platforms and clean themselves. Easy to put together, nice and roomy.
on June 15, 2016
My son's gerbil has tons of room to play, and it loves the multiple platforms and tubes. It has made a little den up top in the lookout area, which is great. It's an excellent cage for the cost!
on February 23, 2016
I was a little leery about choosing this habitat for my new young mice considering the mixed review, but I am glad I went ahead and tried it out! I wanted some extra space to house 2 mice and have lots of places to play. I liked the tunnels and second level platforms and especially the top nest area so I went ahead and gave this a try!

Arrival
This arrived completely undamaged and with all the parts. No issues at all with damage to the plastic parts.

Putting it together
This was a bit of a concern as I was afraid to snap the wrong pieces together and have them not come back apart or to just break something trying to get it to fit! So I went slowly and carefully through the steps to piece it together. I did have a wire bent that made it difficult to get the cage lowered into the base, but I fixed it with needle nosed pliers. I don't know that it even came that way - hiubby may have done it being to forceful trying to make it fit! So be careful and if it isn't fitting right away - look for little bends in the wire or make small adjustments to how you are fitting it down as it might be stuck up on the plastic on one side!

Cleaning
I have no issues taking it apart for cleaning and putting it back together. The side tube comes out easily enough and then you unclip the sides and remove the bottom. The shelves are also easily removed and the top nest comes right out as well so I have no issues at all with cleaning it.

Bars
As with any bars, I was concerned about escape, but so far that has not been an issue at all. Either they don't want to or can't! The bars are the narrowest that I have seen on cages of this type.

Wheel
The wheel is super quiet and one of our mice LOVES the wheel and goes as fast as she can so no issues there either.

Top level - split
I didn't love that the top level was split rather than a full floor so I solved that by buying a rope and twig bird ladder with a very narrow spacing between the pieces so it was more like a little floor. I clipped it to either side of the cage and it mostly sits on the level then goes straight across to the other side creating more of a full second floor. The mice love it and race back and forth or go up one tube, across and down the other!

Water bottle
Now on this item, I agree with other reviewers that it's not safe for small animals. My mice are rather young and the bottle is spring loaded so I was concerned about them being able to press it back to drink. So I picked up another water bottle where the ball moves up and down the tube freely and used that instead rather than take a risk.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and if we get another set of mice in addition to these, I would definitely purchase again!
on January 17, 2016
Perfect little hamster habitat. It is a little tricky to put together, but no problem to take apart and clean once you get the hang of it. Our Syrian hamster is chubby and this is still a good size for him. He doesn't need the two lower blue tunnels because he can just stretch up and climb onto the red platforms, and he also climbs back and forth from one to the other. He really enjoys exploring all the nooks and crannies. Great buy!
on November 11, 2011
We bought this because our two mice turned into multiple mice and they were overcrowded in their smaller cage. We have six grown female mice who fit very comfortably in this cage. This cage was built perfectly for mice. They get a LOT of exercise running around on the ledges and up and thru the tubes. They love the wheel which is smooth and easy to keep clean. This open wheel is a HUGE improvement over the closed one in the smaller version. It doesn't get disgustingly dirty and it's smooth and faster. It's not annoyingly noisy. The "bed" is easy to clean and easy to access. The bars are close enough that they can't chew on which is GREAT because that is really noisy and irritating. So you have to get chew toys but that's fine. The mice LOVE this cage and of course we love them being happy and healthy. I'd recommend this to anybody who needs a large living space for multiple mice. It would probably be a lonely place for just one mouse...it seems better suited for multiple critters.
on July 17, 2016
Better than described! Better than picture. There are SO MANY ways you can configure the inside, your pet will never become a bored explorer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.