Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kaytee CritterTrail Extreme Challenge Habitat
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6mm wire spacing provides security for even the smallest furry friends
- Includes a food dish and water bottle
- Features a petting zone, exterior extreme wheel and front access door
- CritterTrail Habitats are completely compatible to all CritterTrail accessories
- For dwarf hamsters, hamsters, gerbils, mice or other small animals
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Kaytee CritterTrail Extreme Challenge Habitat
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||11.5 x 20 x 18 in||16 x 10.25 x 16 in||11 x 16.75 x 7 in||14 x 12 x 12 in||19.5 x 10.5 x 18.5 in||11.3 x 14.7 x 10 in|
|Item Weight||4.06 lbs||5.94 lbs||4.3 lbs||2 lbs||4.68 lbs||4.2 lbs|
This complete habitat features an extreme exterior wheel and a fun spiral ramp to provide your pet with hours of extreme fun! The habitat also features a removable petting zone for instant interaction with your pet. The Extreme Habitat also comes with a food dish and water bottle for your convenience. Front wire door allows you to easily access your pet at any time. Ideal for mice, dwarf hamsters, hamsters and gerbils.
This complete habitat features an extreme exterior wheel and a fun spiral ramp to provide your pet with hours of extreme fun! The habitat also features a removable petting zone for instant interaction with your pet. The Extreme Habitat also comes with a food dish and water bottle for your convenience. Front wire door allows you to easily access your pet at any time. Ideal for mice, dwarf hamsters, hamsters and gerbils. 6mm wire spacing provides security for even the smallest furry friends.
- Improved detachable design makes assembly easier and cleaning a breeze
- Enhanced door locks offer easy access and added security
- Don't forget there is room to grow since the habitat can attach to other Critter Trail Habitats and accesories to create an expanded environment. If you dream it, you can build it!
|Image||Model||Dimensions||Food Dish||Wheel||Water Bottle||Other Accessories||Ideal For|
|CritterTrail Primary Habitat||100079891||16"L x 11.5"W x 10.25"H||Yes||Yes||Yes||Hanging Nest||Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice|
|CritterTrail Extreme Challenge Habitat||100079213||20"L x 11.5"L x 18"H||Yes||Yes||Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice|
|Habitat Defined Rat Habitat||100501966||25.25"L x 12.25"W x 28.25"H||Yes||Rats|
|CritterTrail 2-Level Habitat||100079217||20"L x 11.5"L x 16"H||Yes||Yes||Yes||Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice|
|CritterTrail One Habitat||100079210||20"L x 11.5"L x 11"H||Yes||Yes||Yes||Hamsters, Gerbils, Mice|
Top Customer Reviews
The one other major plus for this cage was that all 4 males automatically decided that the top removable section was to be their potty and all faithfully used that spot only to urinate which would have been a wonderful advantage in terms of cleaning the cage sadly that doesn't make up for the loss we suffered.
I will use this cage again but not until I purchase more tubes for the other side as they've proven time and time again that its too east for them to remove the stoppers.
1. Very easy to take apart and clean with the exception of the wheel.
2. The top compartment was a nice feature. The gerbils loved to nest there etc.. But don't expect them to stick around in it for petting.
3. Adequate size for 2 gerbils
4. I liked how the water bottle fastened to the back outside of the cage.
1. Plastic so expect it to get chewed on. It won't get chewed open but they will chew and it can get very loud during the evening when the kiddos are trying to sleep. We had to keep it in a separate room with the door shut.
2. The wheel was awesome at first. I loved out they ran in it and the wheel would track around in a circle. However it was very very poorly designed. The wheel itself has little slits or air holes in them around the enclosure. What happens is gerbils poop inside the wheel, then the wheel goes round and round, poop flies round and round and ends up all over the room after escaping the slits. It was fun to clean on a daily basis. After a few days the wheel holes were taped up. However, the tape would have to come off during cleaning making it a very tedious process. The wheel was also loud. It lasted about a week before it was removed and replaced with a separately purchased tower.
3. There's a yellow cap included with the cage that appeared to be used for plugging the upper compartment hole so it can be used to house the gerbils while cleaning the cage. It didn't fit. Nor did it fit any other holes on the cage. It ended up in the trash. Instead we moved the gerbils to a separate box while we cleaned the tank.
4. The spiral ladder lasted about 3 weeks before being chewed to peaces.
5. The lower tray was not deep enough for bedding. Gerbils love to scurry around moving the bedding in different locations. By nature more often than not gerbils cover their food with bedding. Because of the shallow tray the bedding ended up on the floor on all sides causing daily vacuuming. Even minimizing the amount of bedding didn't work because they would use even the smallest amount to move and make a mess.
I really liked what this cage had to offer it just didn't hold up to housing gerbils. Our next purchase was an all steal cage with an assortment of toys arranged inside with a deep lower tray to keep the bedding in tact as much as we could.
Hope this helps.