Kaytee Timothy Hay
- Lower protein and calcium to support urinary health
- High fiber to support digestive health
- Provides added nutritional variety
- Complements any Kaytee fortified food
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Kaytee Timothy Hay
Kaytee Timothy Hay is hand selected to ensure long fiber strands and proper leaf to stem ratio to support digestive health. Kaytee Timothy Hay is grown in the ideal ecological location for moisture and climate control and is then stored in a protected environment so quality and superior nutritional value are maintained. Timothy Hay is higher in fiber to support digestive health and lower in protein and calcium than alfalfa hay to support urinary health.
Different Types of Hay
-For animals over 7 months.
-High Fiber Supports Digestive Health.
-All Natural with no artificial colors or preservatives.
-For animals over 7 months.
- High Fiber Supports Digestive Health.
- Peels off in layers for less mess.
-Ideal for growing or breeding animals.
- High in protein.
- Fiber aids in digestive health.
-For animals over 7 months.
- Naturally sweet, High fiber treat.
- All natural with no artificial colors or preservatives.
Benefits of Timothy Hay
|Kaytee Timothy Hay||Kaytee Timothy Hay||Kaytee Timothy Hay||Kaytee Timothy Hay|
|Packaging or Size||24 oz||48 oz||96 oz||20 lb|
|Feeding Amount||Offer unlimited supply of Timothy Hay to your small animal!||Offer unlimited supply of Timothy Hay to your small animal!||Offer unlimited supply of Timothy Hay to your small animal!||Offer unlimited supply of Timothy Hay to your small animal!|
|Feeding Instructions||Feed hay in hopper, bin or loose in addition to your small animal's regular food. The amount fed will vary with the size of the animal. Change food and add fresh water daily.||Feed hay in hopper, bin or loose in addition to your small animal's regular food. The amount fed will vary with the size of the animal. Change food and add fresh water daily.||Feed hay in hopper, bin or loose in addition to your small animal's regular food. The amount fed will vary with the size of the animal. Change food and add fresh water daily.|
|Other Kaytee Products||Complements any Kaytee fortified food||Complements any Kaytee fortified food||Complements any Kaytee fortified food||Complements any Kaytee fortified food|
|Storage Information||Store in a cool, dry location.||Store in a cool, dry location.||Store in a cool, dry location.||Store in a cool, dry location.|
Kaytee Timothy Hay is hand selected to ensure the long fiber strands and proper leaf to stem ratio to support digestive health. Kaytee Timothy Hay is grown in the ideal ecological location for moisture and climate control and is then stored in a protected environment to ensure the quality and superior nutritional value are maintained. Timothy Hay is ideal for animals over 7 months of age because it is higher in fiber to support digestive health and lower in protein and calcium than alfalfa hay to support urinary health. The experts who bring you Kaytee products understand how important your pet’s health is to you. Kaytee Timothy Hay provides the nutrition your Rabbit, Guinea Pig or other small animals need and the quality you expect.
Size: 48 oz
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
Kaytee Timothy Hay Digestive Health Food, 12 lb
Kaytee Timothy Hay Plus Variety Pack for Rabbits & Small Animals
Carefresh Timothy Hay Pet Diet
Kaytee Wafer Cut Hay, 60-oz bag
Vitakraft Timothy Hay - Premium Sweet Grass Hay - 100% American Grown, 28 Ounce Resealable Bag
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||UsPay&Shop||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||12.75 x 13 x 15.5 in||16 x 13 x 15.5 in||12.75 x 4.75 x 16.5 in||17 x 13 x 10 in||12 x 5.5 x 4 in||9 x 6 x 16 in|
|Item Weight||2.99 lbs||13 lbs||3.19 lbs||4 lbs||3.75 lbs||1.7 lbs|
|Size||48 oz||12 lb||50 oz.||64 oz||60 oz||28-Ounce|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) This is a HUGE box! Our 9 lb. bunny goes through so much hay that the largest pet store bags (96 oz) only lasted him about 3-5 days. Those cost $20. So we were spending $120-150 every month just for his hay. This box (same brand, same quality) is currently $40 and lasts our bun about 2 months. WOW.
2) The hay is mostly green and fresh, and there are lots of the little flowery parts that my bun loves so much (see picture). There are only a few bits of brown hay mixed in, which is expected in such a large quantity. For those who said their hay was mostly dried and brown, make sure you trust your seller! We buy the one from Amazon, but I am sure there are sellers who claim their hay is Kaytee but it may not be the same quality.
3) Our bunny loves this hay. When he sees us reaching for more, he lunges at it to get it as quick as he can. He has even jumped in the box immediately when I open it to cut out some of the delay time!
4) Kaytee has incredible customer service. When we first got our bunny about 3.5 years ago, I called about a product I was concerned about (I can't even remember what it was now). The apologized, sent a full refund and gave me enough coupons for free hay/treats for my bunny for a few months. I have been loyal since!
1) There is only one con - the dust. There is enough dust in this hay that just grabbing some to put in bun's feeder makes me sneeze, and some boxes have more than others (one box I could even see a cloud of dust when I got towards the bottom). However, I did not take away a star because I have yet to find a large box that does NOT have dust in it.
Overall, this is a great product. I know I will continue using the best for my furry baby, and this is it!
This timothy hay is much more convenient than the small bags. It is cut at about 6" long which is perfect for how I feed my buns timothy hay. I give it to them as a treat by stuffing it into plain cardboard toilet paper rolls. They love it. They will toss the roll around & eat the hay. Some of my buns will chew up the TP roll so I just replace it. If it gets urine on it, I just toss it in the compost. The timothy in the small bags is typically much longer which is fine if you want to stuff it into a big hay rack, but harder to work with if wanting to use it for a treat or in a small sized hay feeder.
Aside from the convenient cut, this hay is in fabulous condition, I could smell it before I even opened the box. The color is endlessly green. No mildew or off odors. The expiration date on mine says it's good until about a year & a half from now.
Overall I'm very pleased with this hay. It's a great option when you raise lots of bunnies.
I am buying this for a rabbit. Both my rabbit and I know this is pretty poor quality hay. Open the container and it does not smell "fresh" and it lacks that sweet smell that timothy hay should have. Look at the hay and you will see its coloration is not all that great (compare to Oxbow and you'd think it was a different plant). Look at the bottom of the packaging and you will see a ton of fine pieces of the hay so fine it is almost a powder and not safe to feed to a small animal due to the increased chance of eye injury from small hay particles embedding themselves in eyeballs.
My rabbit also has told me that this hay stinks. She has a cage without a door as she free roams the house, and only eats and poops in the cage. A few hours after I put this in her cage, I came back and saw she had pulled every last strand out of the cage, and relocated it to the other side of the room while snorting loudly. She shows that behavior only when she is seriously pissed off and wants absolutely, positively nothing to do with something (which in this case was Kaytee's hay). And I can't blame her.
Before this I used almost exclusively Oxbow timothy grass (and their other products)...after this, I went 100% exclusive to Oxbow.
If you are using other Kaytee products, my advice is to consider checking out other brands because if this hay represents the quality of their rabbit food products, than to me that is 100% unacceptable and indicates Kaytee does not care about the health and well-being of my family member if they are OK with feeding this junk to my Lilly.