Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 7, 2015
Worth reading, but it's not a panacea. Seems to think kids' only motivation is to get a rise out of their parents and ignores the other feedback kids get from their actions.
on May 12, 2018
Great product
on June 28, 2014
Finally something that really works, written by a serious author and recommended by serious, competent therapists. A real jewel that is actually useful among many parenting books.
on March 23, 2015
Loving this book. Dr. Kazdin's methods work. I'm seeing it every day in my son. Thank you!
on May 31, 2016
Well written and easy to understand. And, best of all, this method works. However, the used book did not have the CD as it should have.
on July 4, 2012
Dr. Kazdin and his colleagues have given me a clear, dignified, and loving approach for wanting to be around my grandsons again. This book is such a tool for doing right by your child and yourself that I think it should be a required subject for becoming a parent. As a grandparent, it has reminded me of the power of dignity for all. I can't say enough about how wonderful it is to be playing and laughing with my grandchildren again. I must give complete credit to Dr. Kazin and his colleagues. By the way, I purchased the book in paper version and audio version. Both are valuable tools.
One person found this helpful
on February 4, 2013
Love this book and his methods. Very hard to follow when you don't have a partner willing to read the book and follow the methods with you. Even still it has helped me with my issues with my 2 boys and thing's have gotten better between them and myself. Especially when my husband isn't around or get's in the middle when I'm working with them. I would and have recomened this book to everyone I know with kids.
4 people found this helpful
on May 19, 2008
This is a very well written book. It is surprisingly lighthearted considering the content. I found myself chuckling several times over situations that were covered in the book because I felt as though Dr. Kazdin had been sitting in the corner of my room observing me and my frustrations and then wrote this book to show me all hope is not lost!!!

Dr. Kazdin's methods follow a very logical (and scientifically based) approach that lead to some very solid advise on how to handle not only extreme children, but also "typically" developing ones.

I have three year old twins, one of which is considered to have developmental issues, the other is considered "typically" developing. I have been able to apply The Kazdin Method to both children successfully.

I highly recommend this book to anyone with children that display any level of defiance. I'm guessing that would cover most kids, but I will allow for that small percentage who feel their child is perfect.
7 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2011
Based on scientific studies this method was well written and easy to follow. We are still ion the process of putting these steps in place for our 13 yr old son - what we have done so far has proven to be successful. I am hopeful that once he is back in the school environment we will continue to see success and modified behavior.
on August 18, 2008
Saw this book advertised as a must read in a weekly US magazine. The title is misleading because the book is a primer for "all" parents, not those that have a defiant child, that want to better utilize sound parenting methods. These techniques help one understand why and put into practice methods that relly work based on years of observation and actions by the author.
4 people found this helpful