Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Keds Women's Champion Original Canvas Sneaker
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on April 4, 2010
I've ordered Ked's Champions in the past was very happy with the quality. The ones I recently received from this vendor are like the cheap rips-offs I could buy in ChinaMart for $5. No support, thin canvas - just junk. I'm taking pictures of them and sending them to Keds to ask if this is really their shoe. I think they are fakes.

UPDATE - I did contact Keds and they admit they are not making these shoes like they used to. No support, no padding, more narrow, thinner canvas. I've bought Keds for almost 35 years so I know the difference. Save your money. You can get this same sneaker in any cheap shoe store for between $5-$8, it just won't have a Keds tag. This is no longer the bargain it once was. Another really good American product turned into the lowest common denominator. What's really sad is most of the people buying this shoe don't even know it's junk compared to what Keds sold just a few years ago.
5252 comments| 634 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2011
My new sneakers broke my heart! They have been making subtle changes for the past several years. This last one was too much. I have been wearing Keds sneakers for about 60 years and absolutely loved them. Several years ago they came out with flared soles, (I said to myself, I guess I can live with that.) Then they began making the toes more pointed. Didn't really like that. What's wrong with toe room? Time for new ones - pictures showed the flared soles were gone (GREAT). Ordered a pair. The toes are still too pointed, but the insole is as hard as a rock (maybe not quite) and the built in arch support was gone! They had a perfect product and really ruined it. I could just cry. I returned my shoes and they were very kind and gave me a full refund.
11 comment| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2013
I have worn a size 5 1/2 for years and in the past, Keds used to fit perfectly. But now they are making a longer and narrower shoe so that I have to wear a pair of tennis socks so they don't slip off. I don't like the look of this and the socks make the shoe a bit tight and too warm. Also, the shoes have less support and are generally an inferior product. I won't buy them again.
on March 17, 2015
i work in an office enviornment, so am only on my feet a small portion of the day. In less than a year, the soles are worn through, the lining had cometely separated from the shoe, and my tags are peeling off. I haven't been able to locate any warranty information or even any way to contact the seller. Very disappointed in a brand i had always had confidence in.
review image
on April 10, 2011
If you order these Keds sneakers today you will NOT be getting the same sneaker that has reviews from a year or more ago. Believe me, they are entirely different.

Well, darn. As an almost life-long Keds wearer I can say with some authority that what I received are NOTHING like any pair of Keds sneakers I've ever had before.
Previously there was at least light arch support even in the most basic of their sneaker styles, this pair has none. The sole is stiff and clunky, the canvas fabric is thin and poor quality and they are in general, junk. No quality of any kind left in this previously reliable brand.
My usual size in these is a 7 and that has always been 100% comfortable and a perfect fit when worn with a pair of sport socks. This pair is saggy and baggy on top even when tied and the sides bagged out too.
They WILL be going back.

Save yourself time and aggravation and pass these by.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2009
When I was growing up, my Floridian grandmother only wore one kind of shoe that I can remember: Keds. They were white, always so perfectly white, and as a fragile older woman, she could walk on her feet for days and not complain once. I can't say that it wasn't for all of the exercise classes she took in the pool at her apartment, or living directly on the boardwalk, but she never seemed to complain about her feet hurting.

So why am I reminiscing about a shoe? Well, as an 18-year-old who believes she has somewhat of a fashion sense, I recently purchased a pair of black Champion Basic Canvas Lace-Up Keds through Amazon.com. I had always been more of a Converse shoe person, but with more straight-leg/boot-leg jeans in style, a size 10 Converse looks a lot bigger than it needs to. So, I went out on a limb and ordered the Keds. I must admit that they were hard to take off. It didn't really seem to matter to me that there were 4 inches of snow outside or that I was supposed to be wearing my new boots. Nope, it didn't matter to me.

What I'm really trying to say here is that these Keds are by far one of the best purchases I have made in my "adult" life. They were cheap, about half the price of Converse, extremely comfortable, and [at least I believe] are pretty stylish. Although I'd probably never purchase the white ones, as they would remind me too much of my grandmother, any other color is great.
on September 28, 2013
UPDATE 12-20-2014:
The new 2014 model and 2015 are almost identical to the 2013 model but may be stiffer soled. I finally wore holes in my old black ones and had to replace with the 2014 or 2015 version. I still think it's wider than before and stiffer than the 2008 models for example.

Also I want to comment on discussion regarding arch support and people with flat feet wearing keds. I think that really isn't an issue. Flat feet is not a problem but a natural variation of the human foot in some people. It also occurs in some people because they wore stiff soled shoes all their lives. The arch of a foot supports itself with the muscles and tendons and no amount of artificial padding in the shoe will "create" an arch. Foot muscle exercises can rebuild the lost strength in the foot muscles but stretched tendons are permanent. These shoes are ok for strengthening the foot because they are fairly flexible. The best shoes to help regain strength of the foot muscles are minimalist shoes (think barefoot style). I would suggest the Merrell Barefoot line of shoes. The Enlighten, Whisper, Whirl or Avesso are some of the casual non athletic looking styles they sell. A great all purpose athletic style, maybe to rival the Keds Champion, is the Merrell Vapor Glove and Vapor Glove II. Go slow and use caution so that you don't over use week muscles and you may just find you were misinformed about arch support and foot pain.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Did not get the ones pictured on this website(as of August 2013)! The new model is much different.

First off I should say that the Keds Chamption model that was out prior to this version was a 5 star product. Huge changes have taken that down to one star in my opinion.

The Keds Champion sports a new design for 2013 that adds billboards for their company name on the shoe. The whole point of the Keds Champion is to be somewhat understated. A simple shoe that accents an outfit not dominates it. The Keds Champion has been a go to for the originative fashion consumers of Internet fashion blogs. Its simplicity can help cement creative and custom fashions as well as those trendy and classic fashions into a harmonious look.

The new Keds Champion now demands eye attention ruining the simple understated point it once had.

The shoe retains its side Keds embroidered fabric logo from the previous model. This with a simple blue rubber heel rectangle should be enough to show others looking closely that you in fact are wearing Keds. Not in the opinion of the Keds company though.

The first billboard is the addition of white lettering to an enlarged blue label on the heel of the shoe. By increasing the blue label size and adding these large white letters I assume they are tiring to generate fervor for their product by recognition.

The second billboard is the addition of a blue and white Keds fabric label on the tongue of the shoe. An absolutely unnecessary addition that only serves to draw the eye toward the large blue letters.

Should you for some reason take your shoe off and if there is by some chance any doubt what brand shoe you are wearing, the humongous Keds logo inside the foot bed of the shoe will let anyone know that you wear Keds.

Lets say you didn't take your shoe off and are sitting there but there is still a question in the mind of someone near you if you in fact have Keds on. Well stretch your legs out or otherwise let the person see the bottom sole of the shoe and yes, you guessed it, another blue Keds logo resides on the underside of the shoe.

If you can get past all that then there is only the problem of fit. The new version seems a bit roomy to me. Both longer and wider but only wider in the heel. The fit plus the horrendous look led me to return the shoe.
on August 14, 2006
The shoes arrived in a jiffy and were all that I'd hoped they would be ... a little wider than those of my youth (because that's the way I'd ordered them), still lightweight and comfortable, and with solid arch support. They're good walkers without being bulky. They're trim summer oxfords that don't overpower the look of an outfit. I got a stony-beach scuff on one toe, so I washed it. It washed and dried nicely, but the toe isn't pristine anymore, so, I guess I'll polish these sneaks just as I did in the '60s.
on May 31, 2010
These sneakers are OK....don't know if these are original or knock offs...fit is not the same as the Keds I remember!
on August 24, 2015
I really like the look of these shoes but the quality is not great. Only after a couple of weeks there were holes where my big toes hit the canvas. I keep my nails short and filed, but he canvas is just really thin. I want to buy another pair, but at the price I just don't think it's worth it because it will probably only last another few weeks before messing up again. I googled "toe holes in my keds" and I noticed this is a problem for a lot of people (try it and see all the pics people have posted). I bought them for $35 at Nordstrom rack and they still had a pair the other day so I'm going to try to find a way to add cushion to the front to protect the canvas but if I can't figure something good out I'll be sad to have to stop wearing these.
review image