|Max Screen Resolution||256x64|
KeepKey: the Simple Bitcoin Hardware Wallet
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bank-Grade Security that is Simple: KeepKey is the most secure bitcoin wallet available. It makes best-practice bitcoin security easy so that even your grandmother can protect her bitcoin wealth.
- Backup and Recovery: During initialization, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can't get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Testnet.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
KeepKey is a USB device that stores and secures your bitcoins. When you entrust KeepKey with your money, each and every bitcoin transaction you make must be reviewed and approved via its OLED display and confirmation button. It now becomes nearly impossible for virtual attackers like malware or viruses to steal your valuable bitcoins.
How it Works
KeepKey works with the bitcoin wallet software on your computer by taking over the management of private key generation, private key storage, and transaction signing.
Initialization and Backup
KeepKey generates your Bitcoin private key using its hardware-based random number generator, combined with randomness provided by your computer. Once your private key is generated, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence.
Your private key is stored securely on your KeepKey, never leaving the device. Your KeepKey is PIN-protected, which renders it useless even if it falls into the wrong hands.
KeepKey's large display gives clarity to every bitcoin leaving the device. Each transaction must be manually approved using KeepKey's confirmation button.
If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device without compromising its private keys.
What’s in the Box: KeepKey Bitcoin Hardware Wallet, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: The USB cable that comes with this is pretty nice - fabric covered. Mine went bad, and they quickly sent me two replacements via FedEx. So their support seems very responsive as well.
Revision...I bought this little over a month ago and now the price plummeted to $99 from $236??? Are you kidding me? The component cold stores bitcoins and sits in my safe. I want a refund or a discount! This is poor customer service.
Revision 3/28/16...KeepKey was quick to respond to my ticket regarding the matter and made things right thus back up to 5 stars. Great customer service!
Fast forward to today and KeepKey is now my favorite hardware wallet, hands down. I would recommend KeepKey to both new and advanced users alike.
The KeepKey Client currently supports bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, ethereum, and dash. All of your accounts are visible in an intuitive, user-friendly interface, and for each coin you can create as many accounts as you wish. What separates KeepKey from Trezor is not only the lineup of alt-coins it supports, but the built-in ShapeShift integration which allows you to exchange/trade coin pairings within the app itself. This streamlined process allows you to effortlessly shift between coins with confidence, knowing your KeepKey secures your funds on both ends of the transaction.
--the device is sturdy and robust; large enough that you won't forget it's in your pocket.
--KeepKey has a larger display screen with a more readable font (as compared to trezor's smaller screen and little font that can be difficult to read).
--KeepKey looks sharp. It has a sleek design; yet it's inconspicuous from the layman's point of view (resembles a new external hard drive).
--simplicity of navigating the user interface makes it a great device for beginners; the multitude of features available makes it a great device for advanced users.
--the KeepKey launcher extension should be included with KeepKey client app, so users only have one item to download.
--BTC balance should also show the USD equivalent, so the present value of one's holdings is clear.
--cannot remove old accounts from view.
In my opinion, KeepKey is the best hardware wallet on the market to date. It has something for everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for a tech-challenged baby-boomer parent who wants to buy and hold, then secure and forget. Nor would I hesitate to buy one for a tech-savvy friend who holds several different alt-coins and trades them frequently.
KeepKey is a steal at $99 and offers tremendous value at that price point. Get yours while you still can. You'll be happy you did!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
To the developers: PLEASE, ADD MORE CRYPTO-CURRENCY wallets.
Аlso, I would like to see my balance in USD, EUR, CAD....Read more