Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
KeepKey: the Simple Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bank-Grade Security that is Simple: KeepKey is the most secure bitcoin wallet available. It makes best-practice bitcoin security easy so that even your grandmother can protect her bitcoin wealth.
- Backup and Recovery: During initialization, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can't get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Testnet.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
KeepKey is a USB device that stores and secures your bitcoins. When you entrust KeepKey with your money, each and every bitcoin transaction you make must be reviewed and approved via its OLED display and confirmation button. It now becomes nearly impossible for virtual attackers like malware or viruses to steal your valuable bitcoins.
How it Works
KeepKey works with the bitcoin wallet software on your computer by taking over the management of private key generation, private key storage, and transaction signing.
Initialization and Backup
KeepKey generates your Bitcoin private key using its hardware-based random number generator, combined with randomness provided by your computer. Once your private key is generated, you are given the one-time opportunity to write down a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word recovery sentence.
Your private key is stored securely on your KeepKey, never leaving the device. Your KeepKey is PIN-protected, which renders it useless even if it falls into the wrong hands.
KeepKey's large display gives clarity to every bitcoin leaving the device. Each transaction must be manually approved using KeepKey's confirmation button.
If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device without compromising its private keys.
What’s in the Box: KeepKey Bitcoin Hardware Wallet, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I no longer recommend this hardware wallet to anyone. Since the bitcoin chain forked and created BCH, KeepKey has still yet to implement support for it. Every customer asking about it gets the same generic response and there is no timeline of actual development releases. I as well as other keepkey owners expected the takeover from Shapeshift to speed things up (WRONG!). It's completely apparent that this company doesn't care for its own customers but rather ignores them. I'm under the impression that the company has a single intern or something working on their software because 24 days after the fork and we still can't access out BCH, we just get to watch the value deteriorate while its stuck in the keepkey. I suggest ANYONE who reads this to chose another hardware wallet (Trezor, Ledger, etc..) Their devices are much more developed, they can write code for their own devices without issue and support way more currencies. Don't buy this garbage, it just shows how updates (or lack of) will be at future points in time. With such little trust in the crypto game, it'd be a mistake to get this from a company that can't be trusted to respond to customers' questions and just plain can't deliver on the software end. From 5 stars to 1 star.
Excellent price for the sense of security it provides you! With the recent increase in BTC value I feel way safer having removed my BTC from sitting in a web based wallet. Also, with firmware updates, support for alts and multi OSes this is a no-brainer. I was between this one and the Trezor, had no desire for the Ledger. I'm very happy with the choice I made.
- Simple and straightforward
- Ability to recover your funds so long as you write down your recovery phrases (DO IT!!)
- Multi OS support
- Support for altcoins
- Powered by a micro USB adapter; I like that fact that it's not "flash drive style" (e.g. it's not USB male plugged directly into the PC). I'd be afraid of easily breaking something like that.
- Not really a con because I use it, but you do have to use Chrome as your browser for this as it uses a simple extension to launch its GUI.
- Nothing else, if you can't decide on a cold storage wallet trust me when I say this is the one.
Blessings, keep on bag-holding!
Fast forward to today and KeepKey is now my favorite hardware wallet, hands down. I would recommend KeepKey to both new and advanced users alike.
The KeepKey Client currently supports bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, ethereum, and dash. All of your accounts are visible in an intuitive, user-friendly interface, and for each coin you can create as many accounts as you wish. What separates KeepKey from Trezor is not only the lineup of alt-coins it supports, but the built-in ShapeShift integration which allows you to exchange/trade coin pairings within the app itself. This streamlined process allows you to effortlessly shift between coins with confidence, knowing your KeepKey secures your funds on both ends of the transaction.
--the device is sturdy and robust; large enough that you won't forget it's in your pocket.
--KeepKey has a larger display screen with a more readable font (as compared to trezor's smaller screen and little font that can be difficult to read).
--KeepKey looks sharp. It has a sleek design; yet it's inconspicuous from the layman's point of view (resembles a new external hard drive).
--simplicity of navigating the user interface makes it a great device for beginners; the multitude of features available makes it a great device for advanced users.
--the KeepKey launcher extension should be included with KeepKey client app, so users only have one item to download.
--BTC balance should also show the USD equivalent, so the present value of one's holdings is clear.
--cannot remove old accounts from view.
In my opinion, KeepKey is the best hardware wallet on the market to date. It has something for everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for a tech-challenged baby-boomer parent who wants to buy and hold, then secure and forget. Nor would I hesitate to buy one for a tech-savvy friend who holds several different alt-coins and trades them frequently.
KeepKey is a steal at $99 and offers tremendous value at that price point. Get yours while you still can. You'll be happy you did!
All in all, stay away from this crappy product.