Keeping Busy Wooden Tangram Dementia and Alzheimer's Puzzle Engaging Activity for Older Adults
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE WITH DEMENTIA - age appropriate, not childish. No mention of "dementia" or "Alzheimer's" on the product or packaging
- TACTILE WOODEN PIECES - people love picking up and handling the smooth wooden pieces, encouraging them to use their fine motor skills
- FULL SIZED TEMPLATES FOR GUIDANCE - three full size templates (cat, rooster and a dancer) help guide the person to success
- FULLY TESTED - tested with people at various stages of dementia to ensure that it is well-suited, and enjoyed
- EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS - full instructions detail how to present the activity to ensure that the person feels a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
"I'm Donna Ray and I founded Keeping Busy for one purpose and one purpose only - to help find ways to enable people with dementia to live fuller and more meaningful lives."
The products that we offer have been designed specifically for people with dementia and Alzheimer's. They are free of unnecessary markings to avoid distraction, they are adult activities and not childish. Each activity comes with comprehensive instructions detailing how to introduce the activity, and how to adjust its use to match the person's abilities as they change over time. We're here to help answer your questions and help you get the best results from our products.
We don't just sell products for people with dementia, we design, create and use them.
Engaging Activity for Dementia and Alzheimer's
This Chinese puzzle has been challenging and entertaining people of all ages for centuries. Not only does it provide a number of fun and challenging cognitive activities and help with dexterity, the beautiful wood pieces in the self-contained wooden box make it something that you might leave on your coffee table. The tangram set comes with specially designed full size laminated templates and complete instructions to assist and guide the person with dementia or Alzheimer's to success.
One side of each template shows each piece that makes up the shape while the other side shows only the overall outline, allowing the level of challenge to be adjusted to match the person's abilities.
This product is proudly assembled and packaged by the people of The Ark, a community organization dedicated to providing services for persons with special challenges.
Designed for people with dementia...
- Wooden pieces are thick, smooth, easy to hold
- Great cognitive challenge
- Helps with dexterity and fine motor skills
- Level of difficulty can be adjusted to match person's abilities
- Templates help guide the person to success
Three Full Sized Templates...
The package includes three full sized templates to guide the person with dementia or Alzheimer's to success.
One Side Lined, One Blank...
One side of each template shows the outline of each piece that makes up the shape. The reverse side shows only the outline of the whole shape without identifying each piece.
Make the Shape on the Lined Side...
Start by using the "lined" side of the template to offer as much guidance as possible.
Fill in Some Lines on the Unlined Side...
If the person can do the lined side of the template readily, add more challenge by using the unlined side. Start by drawing in all of the missing lines except one. In the picture, the line between the ear and the head is missing.
Then Erase Them One at a Time...
Erase more lines (one at a time) as the person shows that they are able to complete the puzzle on their own.
Put the Pieces Back in the Box...
When finished, have the person use the template in the box to put the pieces away and put the lid back on the box. You will be amazed by the look of satisfaction from helping out by putting the puzzle away on their own!
Keeping Busy - Activities, Games and Puzzles Created for People with Dementia and Alzheimer's
We are a small company dedicated to providing products that can make a difference to people with dementia and Alzheimer's. All of our products are designed specifically for people with dementia and:
- use familiar materials
- offer cueing and other assistive techniques to enable success
- are “error-free” with no right or wrong answer, no winners or losers
Studies show that by engaging people with dementia and Alzheimer's in meaningful activity, boredom is reduced, and quality of life improves. Our products are designed to help you do just that. They are in use in thousands of homes and care facilities across North America and beyond. We stand behind everything that we sell and are always here to answer your questions and offer any assistance necessary. In fact, there is nothing we like better than to talk to people about dementia care.