Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on November 10, 2009
I read this book after a friend who is around my age (a boomer) was having trouble with a staff member of the millenial age and mindset... He read the book and it has been instrumental in his salvaging a professional relationship and actually helping it flourish now. I was so impressed that I read it myself on a plane last week and was just amazed at how well these authors captured the complex dynamics that exist between the generations. While I only work with boomers in my present position, it was a great tool for future situations and for just understanding something as simple as the millenials' love affair with texting (THAT in itself was worth the read!). Also, kudos to the authors for the wonderful bullet summaries at the end of each chapter. My highest compliment would be that after reading it, I felt that I had actually taken a college course in pyshology/sociology, since I walked away with so much insight and knowledge! I tell all my boomer friends about it and recently have given it away as a gift to another friend in DC who really experienced a severe culture clash with a millenial at his office. Here's what he wrote:
"Jeff has heard me complaining about the
"20-somethings" in my office for quite a while. He thoughtfully sent me a book which I received on Friday titled, "Keeping the Millennials"
which describes many of the tough supervision issues I had been dealing
with regarding my younger staff. How they think; how they work; how they behave; and how not to be offended by those actions. I spent some time Sunday night and last night reading it, and found it very helpful. Regardless of what I do or where I go, I will have to work with Millennials and need to know how to work better with them. Sending me that book could not have been more serendipitously timed.

I couldn't say it any better! READ THIS BOOK! : )
on November 8, 2016
In today's working world there are 4 different generations working together and it makes for interesting times for an employer-employee relationship. So the book is a big plus.
on December 24, 2016
Well written and researched.
on December 2, 2016
As advertised
on April 6, 2015
excellent
on August 25, 2014
Junk/Trend science.
People need to work instead of telling the bosses that they want top pay for entry level work. The book has it's merits and does an pretty good job explaining how technology has changed our youth. However, it seems to make excuses for their "entitlement" attitudes. Just do your job and work hard doing it.