Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2017
I loved the style of the authors regarding the basic concepts BUT the examples and stories they tried to relate to... oh my, they were not good. I've had some experience with numbers in my work and this book was for my MBA program. Therefore, I'm not a novice but the book made a point about relating stories to numbers and how effective it is (I agree, of course) but the stories this book tried to tie in were off the mark most of the time. That being said, there are so many good parts of the book to help you develop your quant brain.
on May 18, 2017
As a management professor I keep reading all sorts of books. This book is a nice introduction to Quants for people who are afraid of numbers and data. It is written in simple language and analytic concepts are explained well for non-data people. A good introductory book if you are looking to acquaint yourself with the analytics world!
on April 13, 2016
Must read for non-quant managers and analysts involved in business analytics. Author clearly did a good job of explaining problem framing to decision making in easy language. It is also a good read for quant people to understand on how to communicate extracted information to co-worker and managers.
on January 4, 2014
I just took a new position, and my dean has been trying to develop a better decision making process and structure. This book is a must read for anyone not in the data science business but who needs to understand how to use data better and learn what questions to ask and pitfalls to avoid in collecting and using data.It's a very valuable investment of time to read. I promise it will stay on my Kindle forever, and I'll recommend it to anyone who has decision making responsibility.
on December 20, 2016
I enjoyed reading this book. Initially it was a class requirement. It wasn't long until I was looking forward to having time to read the next chapter.
on February 11, 2017
Great book for anybody who seeks an intriguing perspective on quants
on November 2, 2015
"How to develop habits of quantitative thinking"... is one of the main concepts that I have learned from this book. Excellent recommendation
on August 23, 2013
If you aren't a quant but you realize the power and importance of data driven business, this book is for you. A very solid, accessible overview that will get you started. Be sure to read through to the end for a well thought-out, first-of-its-kind guide to working with quants, including expectations management, communication guidelines, etc. -- which is also great for quants as well to help folks understand boths sides of the communication gap and bridge this sometimes cavernous divide.

Eric Siegel, Ph.D.
Founder, Predictive Analytics World
Author, Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die
on September 14, 2013
Excellent book for this generation. Understanding the Quants is difficult but this book makes it simple. Enjoy a best seller!
on June 2, 2014
If it has Thomas Davenport on it anywhere, you can just count on it. Dr. Davenport has probably done the most research on analytics of anyone anywhere. We were assigned Competing on Analytics as one of our texts. And I had a friend that suggested that I read Keeping Up With the Quants to prepare for my first quarter at school. This particular book is very helpful at framing problems and seeking solutions. Amazon might consider bundling all of the books that Dr. Davenport has authored or co-authored.