- File Size: 1993 KB
- Print Length: 180 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Sequart Research & Literacy Organization; revised 1st edition (April 15, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 15, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007USU8XY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #889,383 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $8.00 (67%)
Keeping the World Strange: A Planetary Guide Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 180 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Over all I wish I could have found more issues of the comic than I did when it was running and now I think I may have to go and look for the issues I missed.
As a whole, the works in this anthology run a gamut from average to good (at best), and almost all of them are marred by either faulty or simply incomplete research (one theory advanced turns on a piece of misattributed dialogue, for example - a correct attribution would disprove the theory).
All in all, this is a book for the rarest of things, a hardcore Planetary fan who has little or no grounding in literary or media criticism. The motto of Planetary was "It's a strange world, let's keep it that way" - a motto specifically invoked by this book's title, but a promise which it utterly fails to keep.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Read the series, then enjoy these essays which seek to demystify all things PLANETARY! (Preferably before the movie comes out) -Published on June 16, 2014 by Amazon Customer
Some of the essays are interesting, some not so much. Not sure it was worth buying, really, but I did enjoy some of it.Published on February 3, 2013 by Batmensch
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > History & Price Guides
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Genres & Styles > Comics & Graphic Novels
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Genres & Styles > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > History & Criticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory