Kelty Flyway 43-Liter Backpack, Indigo
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Torso Fit Range: One Size
- Volume: 2600 in3 / 45L
- Weight: 3lb 6oz / 1.5kg
- Packed Size (L x W x D): 22" x 16" x 11" / 56cm x 41cm x 28cm
- Suspension: Light beam Fixed Suspension System
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
|Item Dimensions||2.36 x 15.75 x 24.02 inches|
|Item Weight||3.31 pounds|
|Material Type||[main] 420D polyester ball shadow|
|Shipping Weight||3.5 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
If you prefer to travel light, then the Flyway is for you. Based off of our Kelty Redwing, which has been a favorite of travelers for decades, this backpack is travel-friendly with features like a separate compartment for shoes or dirty clothes and a pack cover that protects shoulder straps when checked. The Flyway carries easily and fits enough gear for a long weekend away-no matter what part of the world you are travelling to. And given all the necessary electronics we carry, a padded sleeve protects your laptop or tablet, while making it easy to remove at security. The Flyway is also easy to load and unload with it's hybrid loading design. Keep the straps at the top of the pack clipped and it will work like a true top loading design. Unclip the top and it will convert to a panel load design, given you easy access to everything inside. Organization is key when travelling and the Flyway has you covered with the two zippered side pockets, large front pocket with organization inside it for small items, such as pens and thumb drives, and mesh water bottle pockets on the side. And while the features are nice, this pack won't carry itself through the airport unfortunately. To ensure that it wears comfortably, the Flyway is designed with a single Light Beam(tm) aluminum stay and HDPE frame sheet to keep the weight centered on your hips. The Air Mesh shoulder straps, waist belt, lumbar pad, and dynamic Airflow back panel, will keep you cool if you are moving fast between connections. Finally, the load-lifters/stabilizer straps, hip belt stabilizer straps, sternum strap, and Scherer Cinch(tm) buckle keep the load from shifting while wearing it-keeping it comfortable all day, every day.. Body Fabric: 420D Polyester Ball Shadow. Reinforcement Fabric: 450D Polyester Oxford. Suspension: Light Beam(tm) Fixed Suspension System.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
- Front panel loading gives much easier access to contents than top loaders and allows for an extra internal mesh pocket on the back of the front panel
- Fabric separating the dirty clothes compartment is cut generous enough to fill the compartment when not in use. This also expands the other way when needing more room for dirty and less room for clean clothes.
- Side compartments create a pass-through sleeve between the enclosed pocket and the main pack for umbrellas, walking sticks, etc.
- Hip belt straps can be tucked away
- Travel pack cover protects shoulder straps, but leaves the front handle exposed for easy carrying. Tucks away in its own compartment when not in use.
- Carry-on friendly dimensions
- Fits 3 eBags packing cubes (1-lg, 1-md, 1-sm) and an extra pair of shoes perfectly.
- Padded laptop sleeve
- Front compartment has organization pockets including a lined cell phone/camera compartment with velcro strap
- Compression straps
- Water bottle pockets
- No clothing compression straps
- Not hydration compatible, but could be with a bit of tailoring
- No hip belt pockets
I recently took this pack on a 5 day trip and was really happy I ditched the rolling suitcase. Having your suitcase on your back makes hopping on trains and bumming around until check in much easier.
Again it gets used every day, and all my stuff stays very organized. The nice thing about this pack is that it doesn't puff out when you have the compression straps pulled in for light loads, giving it a slim profile and ease of mobility through crowded Oahu. All the adjustments are there, and you can customize the fit just for you.
Another nice feature is that the waist strap tucks out of the way for every day use, but quickly deploys when needed. If you ever have to check the pack, simply put the attached rain fly on backwards and sinch it down (not needed for gate checking carry-ons on those little "puddle jumpers" though).
The only reason i am giving it 4 stars instead of 5, and i know it's probably nit picking, but on my old 44, all of the zippers had those wonderful pulls with the aluminium triangles on them. Only the organizer pock has them on the 43.
Overall probably the best and highest quality multi use pack out there. Kelty, you did it again.
I would make only a few small changes, such as where the bottom pocket is sewn in (I would prefer it to not extend to the bottom of the pack. e.g. [/] is how it's sewn in and I wish it were sewn in evenly at the top [u] like that. A minor detail).
This backpack is incredible. Well designed from the smallest of details like the pull out rainfly to the hide-away sections which allow you to stuff the waist straps away and never see them unless you need to use them.
The top pocket is big enough, the main pocket extends all the way to the bottom unless you fill stuff in the bottom of the pack, in which case it pushes up into the main compartment. (this is as it should be) All the pockets are extremely well designed and made. I especially love the large pocket on top of the pack as I use this as my every day backpack and I need to put sunglasses, keys, wallet, and other various items into that for quick access.
Thanks so much Kelty, I have finally found a backpack I love.