Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack
|Inside Pockets||Utility Pocket|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Redwing is a tried & true trail value for all day hikes or a quick overnight, a true multipurpose pack from international travel to a day on the trail
- Perfect Fit Suspension supplies you w/ customized comfort without the hassle, accurate on body adjustments w/ 3 simple steps for pack fitting success
- Features: Top Loading,Zippered side pockets, front pocket w/ organization, Stretch front pouch, Hydration Compatible, Side compression straps
- Suspension Features: Perfect Fit Suspension, HDPE frame sheet, Hex Mesh back panel, ventilating back , Sternum strap, Load lifter strap
- Dimensions: Size (L x W x D) 26 x 16 x 12 in, Weight 3 lbs 11 oz, Volume 50 L, Torso Size 15.5 - 21 in.Reinforcement fabric:Poly 75x150D tasser coal
- Pockets: 1 interior slip, 7 interior zip
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Take flight with the best-selling pack in our lineup: the Redwing. New for 2016, the Redwing 50 features PerfectFIT suspension for on-body adjustments to customize your fit in seconds. Hybrid-loading U-zipper design works as both a top loader and panel loader, allowing easy access to all your gear. An additional stash pocket on the front of the pack makes it easy to tuck away a jacket or hoodie, and inside we've updated the organizers for maps, electronics, pens, and other travel essentials. The hydration sleeve is a dual-use pocket that can carry a laptop without worries. LightBeam single aluminum stay and Dynamic AirFlow back panel keep your load stable and comfortable. Whether your journey takes you to the streets of Chicago or the canyons of Colorado, the Redwing 50 has you covered.
Large side compression straps and Ice axe/trekking pole loops keep everything secure.
Front pocket with organization allows everything to have a place.
Front Stash pocket with closure hook adds extra space.
LightBeam single aluminum stay and Dynamic AirFlow back panel keep your load stable and comfortable.
|Redwing 32||Women's Redwing 40||Redwing 44||Redwing 50||Redwing 50 Reserve|
|Volume||32 L||39 L||44 L||51 L||51 L|
|Torso Fit Range||One Size||14.5 - 18.5 in||14.5 - 18.5 in||15.5 - 21 in||15.5 - 21 in|
|Weight||2 lbs||2 lbs 10 oz||2 lbs 10 oz||3 lbs 11 oz||3 lbs 11 oz|
|Suspension||HDPE Frame Sheet||LightBeam single aluminum stay||LightBeam single aluminum stay||PerfectFIT suspension for on-body adjustments to customize your fit in seconds||PerfectFIT suspension for on-body adjustments to customize your fit in seconds|
Looking for a great backpack? Well you have found it in the Kelty Redwing 50 .This pack is one of Kelty's best selling pack in the Redwing collection. One of it best features is the Perfcetfit suspension that can be adjusted to fit to your size in seconds. The Redwing 50 also features the unique U-shaped top zippered opening that can be packed as a classic top loader, or just unbuckle the side compression straps to open up the whole bag for easy access to all your interior gear. Keep your self hydrate when your out in about with the dedicated padded hydration sleeve, that as well doubles as laptop compartment or with the side stretchable side pocket great for holding a water bottle. Exceptional exterior organization with the multiple and easy access zippered pockets, on the side and front. Hideaway handle and daisy chains on the front of the bag, and a stash compartment that can carry and extra layer of gear and simply secured with an aluminum hook. The single LightBeam and HDPE frame on the back of the bag helps balance and relocate the weight to the hip belt, and adjustable padded shoulder straps for that great carry experience. Lightweight, durable,dependable and simple are key features that describe this bag. The Kelty Redwing 50 is great for any hiking, camping or weekend getaway.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Item Weight : 3.7 Pounds
- Item model number : 22615216BK
- Department : Unisex-adult (luggage only)
- Date First Available : September 6, 2012
- Manufacturer : Kelty
- ASIN : B015GXTQLY
- Best Sellers Rank: #140,343 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have used this backpack for two years now. I traveled to 14 countries and backpacked many back country trails.
Does it have Ospreys suspension comfort? No.
But, it is by far the best organized and very durable. At the price I absolutely love it. I had friends traveling with me who often commented they wish they had my bag. The zippers open all the way up which makes packing and organization super simple. The front stretch pouch has lots of room and I fit a pair of chacos or a pair of tennis shoes there (keeps them on the outside away form everything else) The 50L size is perfect for backpacking.
Two years later it is still my favorite backpack and go to for all my trips, even short day trips. No reason to upgrade yet!
The mesh material on the back and straps is a nightmare.
1. Thank God I'm not hiking with this thing. It's already rubbing my arms raw. Do not wear with a tank top.... Unfortunently that's all I had at first.
2. Things get caught in the little mesh holes... Yesterday while taking out of the overhead bin And trying to put on whenthe zipper form my bum bag got caught in one mesh hole... A stranger had to help me get unstuck. I have the mesh hook onto other things to... Its are weird like that.
3. I wish the pass through pockets on the side has a zipper at the bottom so you could use em as stuff pockets when not being used for pass throughs. For backpacking Asia I haven't found a time I needed the pass through feature but I could have use stuff pockets.
Holding up really well. Nothing broken. All zippers are good.
Fabric is so beautiful. I'm thrilled that I choose the red. It's unique because even the zippers are red... Everything is red. Totally monotone and I live that.
I work online, go to school online, and travel so I need everything for my work and school, plus my normal stuff. This pack has plenty of room. I'm 5'9, and 125 pounds. I am happy with the size. I don't have it packed completely. There is some room to spare.. But I've taken it as a carry on for every flight with no problem.
It is larger then it should be... But noone has cared.
Sometimes it feels a bit big... But at least I have what I need...
The way it opens and closes is a lifesaver... Im so glad I got this one because being able to open and close it like you can saves so much time.
Top pocket is super useful. Laptop sleeve works great.
Fits well on my hips... Played around until I got it all adjusted well and now it's good
Reccomend : get some velco strips so you can roll up the extra straps. I'm small so there was alot of extra strap especially on the hip belt. Rolling it up and fastening with velco is majorly helpful.
Anyway I am super happy.
But I hope they change the scratch mesh fabric.
Top reviews from other countries
i had used a 30L bag for day trips but it was starting to get cramped and was only top loading. this is great as you can pull the cords and have a really flat pack with not much kit or can loosen them and have a really big pack. with the addition of the zips coming all the way down so you can front load/unload items too.
fits me fine, am 5foot 5 and really stocky.
great features on the side for holding longer items underneath the side pockets.