Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 29, 2014
This is a great value for a duffel bag. The material isn't as strong as say, a cordura nylon suitcase, but it is heavier than most cheap duffels. I would say it is medium grade, strong enough for occasional use with heavy loads, or lots of use with medium loads. It doesn't have a rigid bottom, but it IS a duffel bag, NOT a suitcase or backpack. I didn't really care about the pockets, I bought this for one specific purpose. I have a giant 3-man towable ski-tube. Even with all the air sucked out it is big, bulky, and difficult to handle. After folding and rolling it I can just fit it and it's accessories into this bag. The overall construction is good, including the double-stitched zipper. There is one feature that isn't mentioned but is a wonderful addition. Normally when I have to zip something big, bulky, loose, and heavy into a duffel, I need someone to hold the zippered edges close together until I can get the zipper all the way across. This bag has two quick-release straps built right in! If you look closely at the picture, you can see where the handles are stitched to the bag. Where the handle falls away from the bag there is a gray strap that continues over the top of the bag. Those are not decorations, they are the two quick release straps. So I drop my rolled up ski-tube on top, pull across the first strap and snap it together, same for the second strap. Then pull the loose ends to tighten the straps. Now the zipper is easy, and it zip towards the middle from both ends. After being zipped the straps continue to hold some of the load, so I have no doubt the zippers will last longer. I don't know why anyone would try to use this as a suitcase, but if you need a giant duffel for your canvas tent (yes, some people still use those), ski-tubes, or commercial load of laundry, this is the bag to get.
on March 1, 2013
This bag is durable and made extremely well. It is a soft bottom bag, which seems to be an issue to some people but works just fine for us (might have to do with what you are using it for). This bag is massive! My family of 4 (two young kids) can shove all of our ski clothes and helmets into this bag with room to spare. We're planning on using it for camping in the summer too, I can't wait to see how much camping gear it will hold! I will update when we get there. :) Again, this review is for the XL size.
on March 13, 2014
This duffel bag (medium) can hold so much stuff! I can fit my 25in diving fins, my bc and most of my diving equipment in here. When I don't have it full, it gets really tiny. The clips across are really useful to tie down the shoulder strap if I'm checking the bag. And, the side handles make it easy to yoink this puppy out of the overhead. I like that the bag isn't rigid, so that it compresses or expands to the shape and size I need.
on February 12, 2012
Purchased this large size duffel as a gift for my girlfriend who kinda' lives out of her car, in that she's no the road a lot between her house and mine. It shipped right away and was everything as advertised with zippered stash pocket, over-the-shoulder carry strap, compression straps, carry handles, and reinforced bottom. She likes it a lot and I've suggested to her another one would make a nice gift for me when the time is right.
on January 14, 2014
i purchased this large duffle for a christmas gift for my husband. i found it to be a perfect size.. not too large and not too small. being a kelty brand i knew it would be a good quallity item and it is..also it came in a variety of colors thanks amazon
on November 22, 2013
Good strong material. Flexible bottom and sides so keep that in mind that the bottom is not stiff like some. Got the XXL and it is huge! I fit tons of clothes in it, sleeping bag, inflatable bedroll, king size pillow, magazines, shoes, and some other small gear with room to spare. Zippers well made and seem durable. Nice zippered front pocket as well. Compression straps are good and the shoulder and hand straps are also nice.
on December 6, 2012
This is the perfect weekend or bug out bag, very light weight due to the fact there is no plastic bottom. I loved the fact that it had compression straps to keep everything in place.

Would be a great bag to keep in your luggage on trips and fill with souvenirs etc. for the return flight home.

The large is the perfect size for a weekend getaway. The pictures do not do it justice and it is a steal for the price.
on December 10, 2013
Gift for upcoming Holiday, so hasn't been used yet. But it looks very nice and well made. Like another reviewer said, the Graphite is solid graphite colored. Not like either color in the picture, but that is great, because that is what I wanted, instead of a two tone with purple. I am very pleased with the purchase....it will make a great gift.
on July 6, 2012
This well made duffel served as my checked bag on my honeymoon. The compression straps kept everything in place, and the shoulder strap made for easier carrying. I've bought kelty products for years, they are well made, and hold up great.
on June 12, 2013
Bought this for an international trip. When I first received it, it seemed too small. But then I started filling it and easily fit the 50 pounds I was allowed to carry. And it only weighs a pound, so I could bring more stuff and less suitcase. The only slight drawback could be it does not have wheels, but it proved to be a minor problem as I could put it on top of the wheeled suitcases, no problem.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question