Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Backpack-friendly compact folding poles, Gearloft loops, Color coded clip and fly attachment. Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- Roll top cube carry bag, Easy set up, Free standing, Fabric/mesh tent walls
- Kelty hug clip, Easy entry D door, Internal storage pockets, Fully seam taped construction
- Seasons: 3, Number of doors: 1, Number of vestibules: 1, Number of poles: 2, Capacity: 1
- Floor area: 20 ft² / 1.86 m², Vestibule area: 6.5 ft² / .6 m².Wall material: 68D Polyester, 40D No-See-Um Mesh,Floor material: 68D Nylon, 1800 mm
- The Salida 1 person backpacking tent is a great all-around, lightweight camping tent, the Salida 1 has over 6 sq. ft. of vestibule space and a spacious interior that offers backpackers a comfortable back country escape
- 3 Season 1 Person tent from Kelty ideal for your backpacking trip
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Kelty Salida Camping Tent
Lighten up and enjoy the epic backcountry views.
The award-winning Salida tent weighs so little, you’ll almost forget it’s in your pack. But don’t be fooled. With it's ample vestibule space and great features like compact folding poles for quick setup and higher mesh sidewall protection, it’s got everything you need for three seasons of the year. So lose yourself in adventure knowing you’re well prepared.
Kelty Salida Camping Tent
Specifications & Details
Capacity: 1, 2 and 4 person
Number of doors: 1
Number of vestibules: 1
Color coded clip and fly attachment
Fully seam taped construction
Internal storage pockets
For bug free star-gazing.
Compact Folding Poles
|Salida 1 Person Tent||Salida 2 Person Tent||Salida 4 Person Tent|
|Weight||3 lb 6 oz / 1.53 kg||3 lb 14 oz / 1.76 kg||6 lb 10 oz / 3.01 kg|
|Floor Space||20 ft2 / 1.86 m2||30.5 ft2 / 2.83 m2||55 ft2 / 5.11 m2|
|Vestibule Area||6.5 ft2 / .6 m2||10 ft2 / .93 m2||11 ft2 / 1.02 m2|
|Capacity||1 Person||2 Person||4 Person|
|3 Season Tent||✓||✓||✓|
Style: 1 Person
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
325 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-3 of 325 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've taken as many pictures as what seemed necessary to give all of you the best idea of what this tent and its features look like (this is one of my good deeds for the day #DoAGoodTurnDaily). I may post some updated pictures later once I take it out and have it completely guyed out. It doesn't come with a gear loft, but the guys from Kelty recommended purchasing a gear attic from Sierra Designs (made by Kelty) as the Kelty gear loft totally clashes with the orange one they advertise and this green on this tent.
One thing I noticed once taking this tent out of its bag is that the rain fly is not that pure white color that you see in the pictures. There's a bit of a greenish tint to it, but I think it looks terrific. The storage bag is also a little different compared to the typical storage sacks out there, but I love how easy it is to remove and return the tent from it.
Hope this is helpful to you all!
Quick andEasy Setup
Comes with a great set of stakes
Plenty of room
Vestibule is big enough for shoes and backpack. I use it to make coffee. I set the jet boil up.
Comes in a cool bag.
Not sure I would want to sleep with a second person
Footprint and gear loft sold separately.
I purchased this tent, along with a Kelty Salida 2, for a backpacking trip down Havasupai (Grand Canyon). Since then, I have also taken the tent to Zion Narrows, Rim to Rim, and some other shorter backpacking trips. The tent has held up flawlessly, and has truly exceeded my expectations for a backpacking tent under $200. Allow me to list some pros and cons:
- Lightweight and cost efficient. The weight is comparable to brands such as Big Agnes, but 1/2 the cost. Ditch the bag and the rainfly (at your own risk) if you need it lighter.
- Good ventilation, while still retaining warmth. We do not experience the morning moisture on the inside of the tent.
- SUPER easy setup, can stand alone without stakes. With only 2 poles, I can easily set up the tent myself in under 5 minutes. The standalone design is nice too. The only easier tent I've ever set up was the pop-up (and that's cheating).
- Quality material - I primarily camp/hike in the AZ desert, and have not had any problems with the material ripping on our cacti and other harsh terrain.
- Has a rain-fly. While this is pretty much standard in all tents, some folks asked this question, so I thought I would note it.
- Spacious - while it is rated for 4 (and 4 could fit, shoulder to shoulder) I would say that this fits 2-3 comfortably WITH gear inside. Also there is a small space in the front (under the rainfly when set up) that also allows for gear storage.
- Tent stakes are sub-par. I would recommend buying custom lightweight stakes, as the ones included in this package bend far too easily in soils that are not soft.
- Footprint is an additional purchase - while not mandatory I DO like having a footprint, which is an extra $30.
- Front of rainfly requires tension stake. Not a HUGE problem, but does cause issues if camping in rocky soil due to very malleable tent stakes.
- Only a 3-season tent. While 4-season tents are hard to come by, this tent does get very cold during winter camping.
Take my following considerations in mind when purchasing this, but honestly I feel it is one of the best products that I own for camping. For one step up in quality, you're looking at about $200-300 dollar price increase. As long as you aren't camping in freezing conditions, this tent will be everything that you need!