Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Ken Grauer
KEN GRAUER, MD is Professor Emeritus (Dept. Community Health/Family Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida in Gainesville). Dr. Grauer has been a leading family physician educator for over 35 years. During that time he has published (as principal author) more than 15 books and numerous study aids on the topics of ECG interpretation, cardiac arrhythmias, and ACLS. Dr. Grauer retired from practice in 2010 — however, he remains extremely active writing ECG/Arrhythmia books — making ECG videos — and actively participating in numerous on-line ECG teaching forums.
— In 2014, he published, "A 1st Book on ECGs-2014". This is an introductory book for beginning students in ANY medical field. The book is 118 pages — it is ALL in COLOR — and it serves as an excellent START for introducing the reader into the world of ECG interpretation (Sample pages available on amazon — www.ecg1stbook.com). An expanded ePub version is now available.
— His most complete ECG book = ECG-2014-ePub. The hard copy book version is more concise, consisting of 260 pages (pocket sized/spiral binding for easy reference — www.ecg2014.com).
— Regarding ACLS/Arrhythmia Material — Dr. Grauer published 3 books in 2013: ACLS-2013-Pocket Brain — ACLS: Practice Code Scenarios-2013 — and the full-sized ACLS-2013-Arrhythmias Expanded Version (285 pages). E-Pubs are available for all ACLS titles (for nook-kindle-ibooks).
Please check out these FREE on-line Resources:
— Educational ECG BLOG (www.blogecg.com). Clicking on the INDEX Tab (in the upper right of each blog page) takes you to detailed contents of all material.
— Video ECGs (www.videoecg.com) — including MANY hours of meticulously-made video narrations on topics such as Bundle Branch Block; AV Blocks; Arrhythmia Diagnosis and Arrhythmia Management. Many more videos are planned in the future — so stay tuned!
For those who teach ECG Interpretration — Please check out:
— ECG Competency (www.moreecg.com — and — www.demoecg.com).
— Dr. Grauer's perspective as a Board Certified family physician educator and clinician with expertise in cardiology is truly unique. His books have been translated into 4 languages and have sold over 500,000 copies nationwide and internationally.
AMONG HIS OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS (www.ekgpress.com):
— Principal Author of more than 75 scientific articles pertaining to cardiology or ACLS topics for family physicians.
— Presenter at well over 300 major Conferences over the past 35 years on various cardiology topics for family physicians, nurses, and other primary care providers — including numerous keynote speaker invitations at national meetings.
— Featured Speaker on over 40 medical videos / audiocassettes produced by the AAFP or Audio-Digest.
— Author of ECG Review columns that have been published monthly in various family practice journals since 1983.
— Longterm service on Editorial Boards and as reviewer of medical books/articles for many primary care journals.
— Recipient of numerous Awards for teaching excellence on a local, statewide and national level — including 3-time Residency Teacher of the Year; recipient of the Superior Accomplishment Award and TIP Award from UF (one of two physicians to first receive this latter award); 1st recipient of the FAFP Educator of the Year Award (in 1993); 1st Recipient of the national AAFP Exemplary Teaching Award for full-time faculty (in 1997); Charter Member of the Society of Teaching Scholars at UF College of Medicine; and Exemplary Teacher, UFCOM in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
— Presenter of numerous national ECG Workshops (including Advanced ECG Interpretation at the AAFP Scientific Assembly for 18 consecutive years in the past), and previous longterm teacher of the ECG Review for AAFP Board Review Courses.
— Former ACLS State and National Affiliate Faculty. Dr. Grauer taught in well over 100 ACLS Provider Coures and has had a major role in developing the curriculum and teaching at numerous ACLS Instructor Courses over the years. He is a former member of the AHA Task Force for ACLS Testing, and a contributor in the past to the AHA ACLS Textbook.
— Language facility (comfortably conversational in French and Spanish; conversant in Italian, German & Hebrew — learning Portuguese).
— Outside interests: Travel and Dance (all ballroom, Argentine tango) which he enjoys with his wife, and watching his 2 adorable grandchildren growing up.
Customers Also Bought Items By
- All key sections in this ePub are numbered for speedy localization using either the linked Rapid-Find Contents or convenient Search functions.
- There is a LOT of material in this electronic ePub version! Our Acute MI section alone is over 100 pages, including comprehensive discussion on ECG recognition of ischemia/infarction, coronary anatomy diagrams integrated in a detailed segment on localizing the "culprit" artery - PLUS - separate subsections on recognizing RV and Posterior infarction; Clinical Uses of Lead aVR; Wellens Syndrome; DeWinter T Waves; Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy; Causes of Tall R Wave in V1; Giant T Wave Syndrome, plus LOTS of PRACTICE Tracings on Acute MI with Detailed Explained Answers.
- We have also greatly expanded chapters from the hard copy ECG-2014-PB book on Rhythm Interpretation; Chamber Enlargement; Bundle Branch Block; Hemiblocks; Axis; QT Interval/Torsades; Early Repolarizaton and Normal Variants; Electrolyte Disorders; Acute Pericarditis; Brugada Syndrome; WPW (including WPW-related arrhythmias and localizing the Accessory Pathway); Use of the Computerized Interpretation; and Technical Aspects of Doing an ECG (with emphasis on recognizing common Technical Errors).
- Clinical relevance is stressed throughout this ePub.
- All illustrations are in color.
- Numerous Practice Exercises are integrated with content along the way.
- Over 600 pages - this is a stand-alone resource.
Our goal is to provide key information fast. E-Pub format with user-friendly linked numbering of each case component allows near-instant access when you want to return to any particular aspect of management.
- Near-instant access is at your fingertips with this electronic ePub version. All key sections in this ePub are numbered for instant localization using either the linked Rapid-Find CONTENTS in the front or convenient Search functions.
- All figures are in full color. They easily stretch to whatever size you prefer for easy reading.
- An expanded GLOSSARY of ECG-related terms is at the front of the ePub to facilitate understanding of terminology.
- A detailed ECG Crib Sheet is also in the front of the ePub as an illustrated check-list reminder of all key ECG criteria.
- "Extras" that have been added to this ePub include more detailed interpretations of Practice Tracings and an ADDENDUM Section on Bundle Branch Block and WPW - which serves as a transition from beginning-to-intermediate ECG interpretation level.
- BOTTOM LINE: The book version of "A 1st Book on ECGs-2014" is our "quick answer" that can be read by anyone (medically oriented or not) within a couple of hours. This expanded ePub version accomplishes these same goals PLUS taking the beginner several steps further with a more comprehensive look at ECG interpretation.
Our goal is to provide key information fast. User-friendly linked numbering of all key sections in the Contents allows near-instant access to information on any topic. New subjects covered in this ePub version include - Therapeutic Hypothermia - Who to Cath following resuscitation - Use of Echo during cardiac arrest - Capnography - plus entire new Clinical Rhythm Diagnosis sections that will challenge and instruct providers of any experience level. Includes numerous practice tracings with detailed and illustrated explained answers. ACLS-2013-ePub contains well over 200 illustrative figures and tracings (all in color for this ePub version).
- This kindle version of ECG-2011-ePub is concise like its hard copy counterpart (ECG-2011-Pocket Brain book). It is a great review of all of the basics.
- A 6th Edition of the hard copy Pocket Brain book has come out (ECG-2014-Expanded PB). It has 260 pages - whereas ECG-2011-PB has 100 pages. IF you are looking for a more comprehensive book - Please order ECG-2014-Pocket Brain rather than ECG-2011-PB.
- The kindle version of ECG-2014-ePub (B00HX29ZAO) has just come out (January 17, 2014). IF you are looking for a more comprehensive kindle version - Please order ECG-2014-Expanded-ePub instead of this 2011 version.