Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Something went wrong. Please try your request again later.Follow to get new release updates and improved recommendations
About Ken Primola
Ken Primola, a Gracie Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, has been grappling for over 20 years. Primola started wrestling when he was 12, finishing his academic sports career earning a Division I varsity letter at East Stroudsburg University. After college, Primola concentrated his athlete activity on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, earning his Black Belt in 2009. The list of whom he has studied under reads like a Who's Who of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and wrestling.
● Brasa/Alliance: World Champions Ricardo Vieira, Jacare, Comprido, and Felipe Costa (Rio De Janiero, three months)
● Nova Uniao: Seven-time World Champion Robson Moura, (twice a week, private lessons)
● Nova Uniao: Seven-time World Champion Robson Moura (tournament sparring partner)
● Nova Geracao: Michel Porfirio, Carlson lineage Black Belt (three times per week, private lessons)
● John Smith, two-time Olympic Gold Medalist (participant, Intensive Training Camp)
● Mark Manning, coach Division I University of Northern Iowa
After college, Primola began his study of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, earning his Blue Belt from Rorion Gracie's hands in 2000. After this achievement, Primola traveled to California, training briefly with Rickson Gracie in Los Angeles before Rickson moved to Brazil, and spending two years at BJJ Revolution in San Diego under the tutelage of Rodrigo Medieros.
Returning to the East Coast, Primola earned his Purple, Brown and Black Belts from legendary Relson Gracie Black Belts Phil Migliarese (aka The Jiu Jitsu Matrix) and Ricardo Migliarese.
● Winner, CBJJ Pan Am no gi Adult Tournament Championship, beating a TUF (Ultimate Fight Championships reality show) contestant (Brown Belt finals).
● Winner, Adult Advanced Divsion, North American Grappling Association (NAGA) World Championships, winning the combined Brown and Black Belt championships as a Brown Belt.
● Winner, Masters World Championship in Brazil (Purple Belt)
● Placed and/or won many smaller regional tournaments and has been involved in many super fights.
● 2011 Mundials, where Primola was only one of a handful of Americans to win matches at the Black Belt Level, losing only in the Absolute Division to eventual Super Heavyweight Champion Gabriel Vella.
Primola's teaching ability is truly unique. His experience - and success - in a wide range of styles and with the best teachers gives him a deep pool of training techniques to draw from. He is able to recognize his students' strengths and weaknesses, and provide individualized guidance to help them reach their fullest potentials.
Additionally, Primola has a law degree - earned while mastering the art of Jiu Jitsu - gives him (and his students) an unusual edge. Primola's curriculum organizes BJJ and wrestling techniques in a rational manner which he articulates clearly and demonstrates with precision. Primola's students thoroughly understand from the start what they will accomplish with effort, practice and support from Primola.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Get fast, free delivery with Amazon Prime
Prime members enjoy FREE Two-Day Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.
Books By Ken Primola